Top 25 Opposing Players in Nebraska History

Looking through a past football media guide and looking at some of the names for best games against Huskers: I'll give you the #1 and then a couple others on the list that stick out to me...

Rushing:

#1 - Billy Sims ('79) - 247 yards (Would have loved to se him play)

#9 - Cedric Benson ('03) 174 yards and 3 TD's

*In'94 Bienemy had 137 and 4TD's against us...at home

TD's:

#1 - Chris Brown.....6.....ugh.

#3 - Bienemy and Sanders both had 4.

Passing:

#1 - Tim Rattay ('98) 46 of 68 for 590 yards....HOLY $HIT!

#2 - Chad May ('96) 30 of 51 for 489

#4 Chris Simms ('02) 29 of 47 for 419

(By the way...these games were all in Lincoln!)

%

#1 - Adam Barman ('03) completed 71%

#2 - Culpepper ('97) was 27 of 35 for 69%

TD's

Tim Rattay, Scott Mitchell and Tony Pounds (?) had 4......but Peter Tom Willis (FSU - '91) had 5 against us in the Fiesta Bowl for 422 yards.

Receiving

#1 - Troy Edwards - 21 rec for 3 TDs and 405 yards.....and we complain about our secondary now?!?!

#4 - Keith Pole (ASU - '96) only had 6 rec....for 200 yards and 3 TD's.

*Andre Johnson ('02 Rose Bowl) had 7 rec for 199 yards and 2TD's for Miami.

Just for good measure, Troy Edwards had a 94 yard TD reception against us....good enough for #2 on the list behind some guy for Missouri in '76 that had a 98 yarder.

Receiving

#1 - Troy Edwards - 21 rec for 3 TDs and 405 yards.....and we complain about our secondary now?!?!

If I'm not mistaken Ralph and Mike Brown were part of this game. Wasn't this Frankie's first game as Head Coach as well. Big if but if La Tech had a Defense they would have beat us in Lincoln.

Ya that game was scary. And yes we are complaining about our secondary now.......Didnt Troy Edwards do that over Pat Rickets?

Receiving

If I'm not mistaken Ralph and Mike Brown were part of this game. Wasn't this Frankie's first game as Head Coach as well. Big if but if La Tech had a Defense they would have beat us in Lincoln.

Ya that game was scary. And yes we are complaining about our secondary now.......Didnt Troy Edwards do that over Pat Rickets?

Ralph Brown, Ewin Swiney, Mike Brown and Joe Walker

Pat Ricketts got killed by the awesome Lane Danielson from ISU.(just to name one of many)

Adrian Petersons performance in 05 was pretty good as well. That was his first game back from an ankle injury and he ran all over the Blackshirt. Around 150 yards and 3 TDS. Crap Rufus Alexander that game was unstoppable. 13 tackles, 3 sacks and a forced fumble. I bet it would be pretty hard to find a better defensive performance against NU in Lincoln.

Here's something for you people. In three games against NU Ell Roberson had 529 rushing yards and 6TDs and 437 passing yards and 3TDs. He was 2-1 in those games out scoring NU 108-53. If you ask me he has to go down as one of the best players to play against NU. The record and stats don't lie. They guy completely killed us. Also just to put his stats into perspective in those 3 games NU had an offensive yardage total of 848 yards. Roberson by himself had 966 yards. The only person in recent memory that would have those kind of numbers against the Blackshirts is Brad Smith and he had 1242 total yards in 4 games against NU. 428 rushing with 6 TDs and 814 passing with 1 TD he also had a receiving TD.

Chris Simms to Roy Williams - 2002

Major Applewhite- 1998

Brad Smith 2003 & 2005

Ell Roberson and Darren Sproles - 2002

Charlie Ward -1992

James Brown - 1996

Daunte Culpepper - 1997

Corby Jones - 1997

Those are a few that come to mind.

Add Tricky Ricky Williams to that list and that's the list of most recent names.