A USC's fan prediction

I'm staying optimistic because one glaring fact that I keep thinking about is that USC is vulnerable on the road. They are pretty much unbeatable at home, but beatable away from home! Their last 4 losses have been away from the coliseum -Oregon st,UCLA,Texas and Cal (last 6 losses if we want to go back to 2002). We all know that they have superior talent, speed and depth, but if were going to beat em it's going to be in our house. I can already here the chants of O-V-E-R-A-T-E-D!

I don't want to burst your bubble but a little geography lesson will be needed. Pasadena, site of the Rose Bowl and losses to UCLA & Texas, is a suburb of LA. Its about 45 miles NE of USC. It would be like Nebraska playing in Omaha, just closer. Hardly far from home. That leaves two losses on the last play of each game, with one in overtime. Hardly the data to make a, "Hey, dudes, they're vulnerable away from home argument."

Pete Carroll's resume:

Nation's winningest active coach (65-12) 84.4% in six years at USC

Ranked in the AP Top 10 for past 56 games

24 wins over AP Top 25 teams (average 4 per year)

Produced 3 Heisman Trophy winners, 25 All-American first teamers, 32 NFL draft picks

If you're looking for week points. You won't find any. But you can beat them. Line up and play great football and hope they have an off day and you win.

These "secret formulas" for a win are crap.

Dude, you're the one who needs a geography lesson. Pasadena is more like 15 miles from south central.

Do you have an issue with my statement or my typo? God forbid should anyone have a typo.

Yes, YOU ARE RIGHT, its 15 miles not 45. I have made that drive so many times before, the first one was to the 1975 Rose Bowl where UCLA defeated No. 1 ranked Ohio State, and many, many times since. You would think I would remember to double check such a crucial piece of data for my argument. That 30 extra miles completely invalidates EVERYTHING I said. That extra 30 miles certainly would make any person feel a long way from home and totally insecure. I have been driving in LA since 1972, oh God how could I have overstated this. Oh God! :sarcasm Yup, I stand corrected this definitely qualifies as an "away" game. Since you are making the point, the computation error would also invalidate my analogy of my comparison to NU playing in Omaha. Thats a whopping 60 miles from NU, making the Huskers go an extra 45 miles! They probably would feel like they were falling off the edge of the earth. (The earth is flat you know). Next time I give distances, I am going to check my GPS for validity and spell check is obviously no help.

I bow :worship to your superior geography knowledge and driving experience in LA. Beside, I only have a minor in geography, you must have a masters at least. I knew I should have gotten my masters in geography not history.

Now I will tremble every time we have to travel more than 30 miles. You guys have discovered our weakness. Now, I am terrified of coming to Lincoln. I want to change my prediction, NU 31-USC 10. ;)

I'm staying optimistic because one glaring fact that I keep thinking about is that USC is vulnerable on the road. They are pretty much unbeatable at home, but beatable away from home! Their last 4 losses have been away from the coliseum -Oregon st,UCLA,Texas and Cal (last 6 losses if we want to go back to 2002). We all know that they have superior talent, speed and depth, but if were going to beat em it's going to be in our house. I can already here the chants of O-V-E-R-A-T-E-D!

I don't want to burst your bubble but a little geography lesson will be needed. Pasadena, site of the Rose Bowl and losses to UCLA & Texas, is a suburb of LA. Its about 45 miles NE of USC. It would be like Nebraska playing in Omaha, just closer. Hardly far from home. That leaves two losses on the last play of each game, with one in overtime. Hardly the data to make a, "Hey, dudes, they're vulnerable away from home argument."

Pete Carroll's resume:

Produced 3 Heisman Trophy winners, 25 All-American first teamers, 32 NFL draft picks

If you're looking for week points. You won't find any. But you can beat them. Line up and play great football and hope they have an off day and you win.

Dude, you're the one who needs a geography lesson. Pasadena is more like 15 miles from south central.

Do you have an issue with my statement or my typo? God forbid should anyone have a typo.

Yes, YOU ARE RIGHT, its 15 miles not 45. I have made that drive so many times before, the first one was to the 1975 Rose Bowl where UCLA defeated No. 1 ranked Ohio State, and many, many times since. You would think I would remember to double check such a crucial piece of data for my argument. That 30 extra miles completely invalidates EVERYTHING I said. That extra 30 miles certainly would make any person feel a long way from home and totally insecure. I have been driving in LA since 1972, oh God how could I have overstated this. Oh God! :sarcasm Yup, I stand corrected this definitely qualifies as an "away" game. Since you are making the point, the computation error would also invalidate my analogy of my comparison to NU playing in Omaha. Thats a whopping 60 miles from NU, making the Huskers go an extra 45 miles! They probably would feel like they were falling off the edge of the earth. (The earth is flat you know). Next time I give distances, I am going to check my GPS for validity and spell check is obviously no help.

I bow :worship to your superior geography knowledge and driving experience in LA. Beside, I only have a minor in geography, you must have a masters at least. I knew I should have gotten my masters in geography not history.

Now I will tremble every time we have to travel more than 30 miles. You guys have discovered our weakness. Now, I am terrified of coming to Lincoln. I want to change my prediction, NU 31-USC 10. ;)

Somewhere there's a USC message board that misses you...or maybe not. We all know you're a closet Husker, not to mention having too much time on your hands, so go ahead and buy your dream retirement home in the great city of Lincoln and vaporize. And make sure your wife keeps you away from the computer.

Pete Carroll's resume:

Somewhere there's a USC message board that misses you...or maybe not. We all know you're a closet Husker, not to mention having too much time on your hands, so go ahead and buy your dream retirement home in the great city of Lincoln and vaporize. And make sure your wife keeps you away from the computer.

Dude this guy is actually a good USC fan and has been respectful to us all why he has been here. Show him the same amount of respect he has shown us please. ;)

Dude this guy is actually a good USC fan and has been respectful to us all why he has been here. Show him the same amount of respect he has shown us please. ;)

Thanks BRI, but unfortunately I am afraid we have more guys like this on our boards at USC than I have seen over here. By the way I did it again, that was the 1976 Rose Bowl, not 1975. See how unreliable I am. Am I really "a good USC fan"?

Pete Carroll's resume:

After I posted this I re-read it, and I realized I came across a little harsh. I didn't mean to sound that way. Sorry.

When I say away from home of course I mean away the from the coliseum! Suburb or not, it's not the coliseum. I guess I shouldn't expect a typical arrogant SC fan to know the difference.

Before you knock my "their vulnerable at home" arguement maybe you need to think about it. If you haven't lost at home in x number of years, but your last 6 losses are AWAY FROM THE COLISEUM I think it's pretty safe to say that if your going to lose, it's going to be on the road.

Before you offer anymore geography lessons, I should tell you that I have resided in a SUBURB of Los Angeles for the last 33 yrs and I'm quite familiar with the LA area. I respect your team and it's coaching staff very much and being from L.A. I'll root for SC as long as their not playing the Huskers, but I think the huskers can beat SC in Lincoln and I can't wait!

I'll apologize in advance if this comes off a little harsh!

Pete Carroll's resume:

Thanks for getting my back LAhusker, we should meet up for lunch sometime, I understand that if we stay within 15 miles of our homes than it's like we stayed home for lunch!

Pete Carroll's resume:

After I posted this I re-read it, and I realized I came across a little harsh. I didn't mean to sound that way. Sorry.

When I say away from home of course I mean away the from the coliseum! Suburb or not, it's not the coliseum. I guess I shouldn't expect a typical arrogant SC fan to know the difference.

Before you knock my "their vulnerable at home" arguement maybe you need to think about it. If you haven't lost at home in x number of years, but your last 6 losses are AWAY FROM THE COLISEUM I think it's pretty safe to say that if your going to lose, it's going to be on the road.

Before you offer anymore geography lessons, I should tell you that I have resided in a SUBURB of Los Angeles for the last 33 yrs and I'm quite familiar with the LA area. I respect your team and it's coaching staff very much and being from L.A. I'll root for SC as long as their not playing the Huskers, but I think the huskers can beat SC in Lincoln and I can't wait!

I'll apologize in advance if this comes off a little harsh!

When I apologize its sincere. Its sad you can't accept it.