A USC's fan prediction

... that NFL caliber defense that we will get a taste of this year.

Huh? Pete Carrol is the coach of the defense. He brought in Holt from Idaho to help him. So, can Pete coach, or can't he? You can't have it both ways.

I'm saying that his coaching ability is masked by the tremendous talent that he has on his roster. You guys should have one of the best defenses in the country next year.

I think he was being more than fair. I see our O line has maybe a B, but most likely a C+. The QB against this type of talent has not done well. He maybe a B player, but I doubt he will be in this game. Carrol knows him and what to expect from him.

I don't think we get run in our own stadium, but guys we do not have the talent to beat this team. For every 5 star we recruit they have 10 and most setting on the bench waiting for their turn. You are looking at the Nebraska of the mid 90's.

I think we have a chance in this game. But it could easily turn into a rout, if we throw a couple of interceptions or fumble. Id like to have some of what ever people are smoking that think we have the speed to compete with SC. It is not there period. WE will not be able to run the ball on this defense, unless Lucky actually runs up field. Keller has not faired well against this team in the past. I think his team this year is better than when he played at ASU, but not light years. Still building guys.

I disagree with the conditioning aspect in favor of SC. I think our kids will play 60 minutes just like they did last year. Coments were made about us never quitting. But their depth will hurt us in the later stages of the game. \

My guess is 28-17 SC.

As said by skersfan, to me, it will take a monumental upset for the Huskers to win. It will be the biggest upset in the past 30 years of Husker football. Manly because we had been winning or expected to win for so long. The Husker fan in me says - NU 34 USC 21.........reality on the other shoulder says - USC 31 NU 14

More goes into it than just talent. If it was talent alone, USC Texas, Florida and LSU would never lose any game that wasnt played with one of the other listed teams.

All had loses last year. Did Oregon State or UCLA have more talent than USC? not a chance. But they got the W. KSU is drasticly far behind Texas in talent, yet pulled the win.

You get no argument from me that USC has more talent. But dont use it as a cop-out and say there is no way NU can pull the upset. While at this stage I am uncertain if NU will, pull it off, the Huskers certainly have the ability to have it happen.

Couldn't agree more......... :thumbs

I think he was being more than fair. I see our O line has maybe a B, but most likely a C+. The QB against this type of talent has not done well. He maybe a B player, but I doubt he will be in this game. Carrol knows him and what to expect from him.

I don't think we get run in our own stadium, but guys we do not have the talent to beat this team. For every 5 star we recruit they have 10 and most setting on the bench waiting for their turn. You are looking at the Nebraska of the mid 90's.

I think we have a chance in this game. But it could easily turn into a rout, if we throw a couple of interceptions or fumble. Id like to have some of what ever people are smoking that think we have the speed to compete with SC. It is not there period. WE will not be able to run the ball on this defense, unless Lucky actually runs up field. Keller has not faired well against this team in the past. I think his team this year is better than when he played at ASU, but not light years. Still building guys.

I disagree with the conditioning aspect in favor of SC. I think our kids will play 60 minutes just like they did last year. Coments were made about us never quitting. But their depth will hurt us in the later stages of the game. \

My guess is 28-17 SC.

As said by skersfan, to me, it will take a monumental upset for the Huskers to win. It will be the biggest upset in the past 30 years of Husker football. Manly because we had been winning or expected to win for so long. The Husker fan in me says - NU 34 USC 21.........reality on the other shoulder says - USC 31 NU 14

On paper, I'd have to agree. Fortunately we don't play on paper. A couple Huskers on fire, momentum, cockiness or a few mistakes on their part, or a game plan that sets them on their heels, and we could beat them. They're darm good but not close to invincible. The unpredictability is part of the fun of college football. I haven't forgotten all those times during TO's tenure (before he finally put it together in the mid-90's) we should have won on paper but fell short. We can do the same to them. Probably would not be wise to bet the wife though.

After giving it some thought, there might be situations where betting the wife could be a good idea or even mutually beneficial.

I'll throw mine in win or lose, you take her.

Nah, just joking. Anyone that can put up with me for 39 years is special, trust me.

I still think if we win it will come down to coaching, and the motivation that BC has in winning this game. I do not see the deer in the headlights game we played the last time. I hope we never see that again.

BC and PC are close friends, at least according to Coach Carrol. The haves and have nots at this point in time. I know the team will be more than ready to play this game. I can hardly wait!!

careful, skers, the voice of reason is not a popular one here. we should be a better team, no doubt, but best 4 out of 5 goes to USC, our talent level is nowhere close and they have excellent position coaches as well.

I have to agree with Hunter here. Sorry skers. I'll take USC 31-17. But it will be close going into the 4th quarter. Don't feel bad though. USC is super loaded this year.....actually, it's sick how loaded they are. They'll win it all this year behind that Pete Carrol clown. I'm starting to hate that guy by the way.

<_<

i won't complain no matter the outcome -- There is a God and he answers prayer! :lol:

I want to see a written definition of what it means to "play to win" so everyone knows what that looks like and a list of signatures promising not to complain once the definition is met. I'm not sure what to do with the ones who refuse to sign and thus hold to their right to complain wherever, whenever, and as much as they like. ;)

The season's a long ways off, so I don't understand how somebody can "objectively analyze" this game and conclude that SC will win 40-16 in Lincoln.

Like one other person said, put $100 down and see how your prediction changes, dude. Predicting the outcome of a football game in July is pretty tricky, and prognosticating a blow-out by the road team in one of the greatest sports venues in history is stretching it even further.

"Tanning coach." Nice. I like LA alright, but for f#*k's sake, this arrogance will not stand. This aggression will not stand, man.