A USC's fan prediction

More goes into it than just talent. If it was talent alone, USC Texas, Florida and LSU would never lose any game that wasnt played with one of the other listed teams.

All had loses last year. Did Oregon State or UCLA have more talent than USC? not a chance. But they got the W. KSU is drasticly far behind Texas in talent, yet pulled the win.

You get no argument from me that USC has more talent. But dont use it as a cop-out and say there is no way NU can pull the upset. While at this stage I am uncertain if NU will, pull it off, the Huskers certainly have the ability to have it happen.

I agree. Callahan has not shown the ability to call a good game and beat a top team. Also, NU has got ruffed up at home a few times in the past so it is possible.

USC will probably win by 17-21 pts, and this is coming from a huge NU fan.

I'm staying optimistic because one glaring fact that I keep thinking about is that USC is vulnerable on the road. They are pretty much unbeatable at home, but beatable away from home! Their last 4 losses have been away from the coliseum -Oregon st,UCLA,Texas and Cal (last 6 losses if we want to go back to 2002). We all know that they have superior talent, speed and depth, but if were going to beat em it's going to be in our house. I can already here the chants of O-V-E-R-A-T-E-D!

More goes into it than just talent. If it was talent alone, USC Texas, Florida and LSU would never lose any game that wasnt played with one of the other listed teams.

All had loses last year. Did Oregon State or UCLA have more talent than USC? not a chance. But they got the W. KSU is drasticly far behind Texas in talent, yet pulled the win.

You get no argument from me that USC has more talent. But dont use it as a cop-out and say there is no way NU can pull the upset. While at this stage I am uncertain if NU will, pull it off, the Huskers certainly have the ability to have it happen.

I agree. Callahan has not shown the ability to call a good game and beat a top team. Also, NU has got ruffed up at home a few times in the past so it is possible.

Yeah, but if I recall, we had a vastly outgunned team bring OU to the wire (31-24) at home, and we all know about last year against Texas. In '02, we had a struggling team, outmanned clearly by Texas, but nearly pulled off the victory 24-27 but for some missed 4th down conversions and FGs. Let's milk that homefield advantage for all it's worth, cos it sure won't help us at Texas this year!

You know what "huge NU fan" after BC gets his signature win against SC you shouldnt be allowed to celebrate with the rest of us.......ye of little faith. :nutz

I'm staying optimistic because one glaring fact that I keep thinking about is that USC is vulnerable on the road. They are pretty much unbeatable at home, but beatable away from home! Their last 4 losses have been away from the coliseum -Oregon st,UCLA,Texas and Cal (last 6 losses if we want to go back to 2002). We all know that they have superior talent, speed and depth, but if were going to beat em it's going to be in our house. I can already here the chants of O-V-E-R-A-T-E-D!

I don't want to burst your bubble but a little geography lesson will be needed. Pasadena, site of the Rose Bowl and losses to UCLA & Texas, is a suburb of LA. Its about 45 miles NE of USC. It would be like Nebraska playing in Omaha, just closer. Hardly far from home. That leaves two losses on the last play of each game, with one in overtime. Hardly the data to make a, "Hey, dudes, they're vulnerable away from home argument."

Pete Carroll's resume:

Nation's winningest active coach (65-12) 84.4% in six years at USC

Ranked in the AP Top 10 for past 56 games

24 wins over AP Top 25 teams (average 4 per year)

Produced 3 Heisman Trophy winners, 25 All-American first teamers, 32 NFL draft picks

If you're looking for week points. You won't find any. But you can beat them. Line up and play great football and hope they have an off day and you win.

These "secret formulas" for a win are crap.

I don't want to burst your bubble but a little geography lesson will be needed. Pasadena, site of the Rose Bowl and losses to UCLA & Texas, is a suburb of LA. Its about 45 miles NE of USC. It would be like Nebraska playing in Omaha, just closer. Hardly far from home. That leaves two losses on the last play of each game, with one in overtime. Hardly the data to make a, "Hey, dudes, they're vulnerable away from home argument."

Pete Carroll's resume:

Produced 3 Heisman Trophy winners, 25 All-American first teamers, 32 NFL draft picks

If you're looking for week points. You won't find any. But you can beat them. Line up and play great football and hope they have an off day and you win.

After I posted this I re-read it, and I realized I came across a little harsh. I didn't mean to sound that way. Sorry.

Do any of you recall the mid 90's?

What would your response have been to an opposing foe, if they were making some of the same comments now being made.

On paper, we have no chance at this game. But that is the reason we play the games. Nebraska will be ready for the Trojans, I have no doubt. Will the Trojans be ready for Nebraska is the question. My guess is that Pete will have the horses in line. We will keep it close and respectable, but just too much talent for them to lose, and way too much on the line for them to overlook us.

We will have played two pretty tough games. The one in Wake Forest will be physical, no question. Three years ago they came to Nebraska, won every statistic, but the score. Errors took them out of the game. They will be ready for us to. Will we get away from Salem with no injuries is the question. We will need every single starter to play the game of their life to beat SC. A lot on the line for us no question. It is too early to make inteligent predictions at this time. Fall practice has not been good to us the last few years. I will wait until the week before the game to weigh our real chances.

I have heard nothing but respect from most of the SC crowd. Tarheel has given us a broader view of the Trojans. He sees the game as I see it. Anything is possible, but we will need everything to fall our way for the upset some feel a certainty. Patience Grasshoppers!!!!!

I remember the mid-90's vividly. i remember the teams that played for 3 NC in a row. I remember my Battalion Commander telling me about how he had the opportunity to fly on a connecting flight from Vegas to Phoenix with the team and how the team was saying that it would have been more competitive to stay in Lincoln and have an inter squad scrimage than to be playing ASU.

what happened.....NU limped away with a 19-0 loss.

NU better be ready to play against, Nevada and WF long before they get ready to play agains USC

:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama

Pete Carroll's resume:

Dude, you're the one who needs a geography lesson. Pasadena is more like 15 miles from south central.

:nanalama:nanalama:nanalama

are you willing to place a wager and give 17-21 points. if so, mark me down for $50. USC may win the game but they will NOT win by 17-21 points