Just For Fun

Ok I beat Wake Forest pretty easily, 49-14

Then next was USC, I got a first half lead and never trailed and I won 28-14

And with Ball State I couldn't get anything going on offense for some reason. It was pretty close for a while but I won 21-14, Ball State got a last minute touchdown so it didn't really matter, but I thought I would blow them out but I guess not.

Thanks for making this a fun thread everyone! Getting back to the simulated 2007 season on all default settings. When we last left the virtual Huskers, they were coming off a bad road trip. Losing at Mizzou put them at 4 -2 and ranked #23.

A 33 - 31 squeaker with Okie Light puts us at 5 - 2, ranked #20

But then we stumble again at home, losing 27 - 21 to A&M. Now 5 - 3 and not ranked.

Tough times Virtual Huker Fans, tough times indeed. But keep the faith - we are only 1 game out of first place in the North Division. More updates later today.

don't lose with the cornhuskers EVER.

man law

Well said! And the Man Law is in full effect. I was up past 1AM last night playing on Heisman difficulty. I lost to USC 20 - 17 (they intercepted me in the end zone with 42 seconds to go), so replayed the game. That time I lost 17 - 16 (missing a 50yd field goal with 58 seconds remaining). Due to the Man Law (never lose with the Skers and then save the game ;-) , I had to replay the game a third time. This time the 'skers came through 28 - 24. But damn those Trojans are tough.............

Ok I played the game for the first time last night and was pretty dissapointed with the rosters. First of all they have Kellers number at #3, then they have Patrick Witt but not Lee. Then they have Wilsons number at #33 and have him starting. They dont have Castille at running back, but they have Mendoza. Something that I found funny was that they had a freshman running back that is 6'1 230 lbs who I could only imagine him being Castille, however he is white. They dont have Will Henry but they have Paul and not Gilleylan. They dont have Turner starting. They dont have one of the two dt jucos but they have Dixon. They dont have Washington, Stafford, most important Asante, I dont think they have Murillo. I just dont understand how they can skip over some of these guys. On the internet they said that they really made an effort to get a good look at the freshmen they thought would make an impact and really make the rosters close to what they will be, well they didnt do that with Nebraskas. I did beat Nevada 86-0 though, I need to turn it up, that was on varsity.

The virtual Huskers try to bounce back with a great effort at Texas, but fall 31 - 27. This puts them at 5 - 4 and they remain unranked.

We then take out frustrations on the lowly Jayhawks, pummeling them 38 - 10. Still unranked at 6 - 4 and still 1 game back in the Big 12 North.

Watching us lose via so much via the default simulation is killing me, but we are still in the running for the Big 12 Title Game. Keep the Faith! Another update later today.

I LOVE college football, wayyy more than the NFL. That being said....

They screw up the freaking rosers on this game every year. I love to play the game, but there is no way I am wasting money on a game that doesn't even take the time to get a team in the Top 25's roster right.

Madden will always be the king of video game football. NCAA is just a wannabe.

I play on the Heisman level not matter what.. Also when it come to the rosters i just make due with what they give me.. I also go by what i am given and make the freshman that they left off...

On the other hand i beat Nevada 65-14 and got spanked by Wake 41-35.. I know but it was worse then it looked since i was behind 41-7 at half..

I don't understand all the complaining about the roster issue in the game. The roster is completely editable! The first thing I do every year is get the depth chart out and manually update any erroneous info that ships in the game. You can also correct any size/weight/class discrepancies. Heck, you can even fill in the player's home towns!

Just a little extra effort and the virtual Huskers match the real thing. As a confession, after I complete this first season, I am going to edit Keller's speed up a bit so I can effectively run some option as I replay the season. I miss the good ole days of option right, option left ;-)

When we last left our heroes, the Virtual Huskers were sitting at 6 - 4 and not ranked in the Top 25.............

They promptly beat KSU 27 - 13 and are now 7 - 4 (ranked #24)

We follow that up with a 41 - 13 sound beating of Colorado to finish the regular season at 8 - 4 and ranked #21.

Our win over CU coupled with a Mizzou loss puts us in the Big 12 Title Game as the Champs of the North!!! We will be rematched with Texas A&M who sits at 11 - 1 and ranked #6 in the nation.

Tune in tomorrow for those results!

well so far in my dynasty im 2-0 and ranked 14th still.

in my first gam against nevada sam keller threw 5 picks!!! i was like wtf but im running game picked it up and c. glenn and lucky both punded the rock

the defense was insane fourcing 6 turnovers.

i won 48-21

agaisnt wake keller caught fire and completed 12 passes in a row and pased for 250 while luck was unstopable rushing and reciving. he ran for 227 yds and caught 54. with 6 total td's the d step it up again with 3 pics.

Im playing on heisman of course and love this years game and looking forward to the usc game which im about to play. ill post the results in a bit!

When we last left our heroes, the Virtual Huskers were sitting at 6 - 4 and not ranked in the Top 25.............

They promptly beat KSU 27 - 13 and are now 7 - 4 (ranked #24)

We follow that up with a 41 - 13 sound beating of Colorado to finish the regular season at 8 - 4 and ranked #21.

Our win over CU coupled with a Mizzou loss puts us in the Big 12 Title Game as the Champs of the North!!! We will be rematched with Texas A&M who sits at 11 - 1 and ranked #6 in the nation.

Tune in tomorrow for those results!

:woo:woo:woo

just finished up agaisnt usc. beat them 49-9. i had to restart the 1st game after keller went down for the season. i was up 21-14

special teams and the swarming d is what won this game. booty got pickd 4 times and was benched in the 5th keller threw 3 pics and 2 td with 202 yards and lucky ran for 114 with 2 tds.

things started slow 0-0 after 1st qt. then after i scored on a fake field goal the scored a field goal. i countered with a defensive td and was up 14-3. they then scored a rushing td and mendoza ran the folowing kick back. half time score 21-9 ( blocked xp) the second half is when i turned it out causing 4 pics and didnt give up 100 yards, the huskers are for real this year!!