Purify Back

Not suprising, with Callahan being on the hot seat, he needs Purify to play against USC. So much for Callahan being a tough disciplinarian. With Callahan trying to save his own neck, he will create another huge black eye for the program.

Wow, at least you're not dramatic or anything. 6 weeks off the team, one year probation, car alcohol sensor, $1250 in fines, have hundreds of thousands of people talking about what a dumbass you are, and miss the season opener of your last year of college football..........You're right someone should kick his ass and throw him in jail to make sure he learned his lesson. :sarcasm

Not suprising, with Callahan being on the hot seat, he needs Purify to play against USC. So much for Callahan being a tough disciplinarian. With Callahan trying to save his own neck, he will create another huge black eye for the program.

I have faith in Callahan. If many of the fans on this board were in charge, of course they'd have him back for USC because that's how they feel. But I believe Callahan made his call based on Mo the kid, and not on how "talented" he is or how much the team "needs" him. Teams are stronger than individuals.

Dramatic much? Gimme a friggin break. The only hot seat Callahan is on is the one that Husker fans such as yourself put him on.

But I suppose you are right. It's not like he drug a girl down multiple flights of stairs... :corndance

Mark my words, during the USC game, we will hear about how he was reinstated just in time to play the #1 team, but if that doesn't bother you so be it.

No, he was just guilty of 4 law infractions, was charged with 2 different assault charges, and didn't keep his word to his coach and team. No big deal there, huh? But he got a year's probabation so it's all okay. Whatever.

Callahan knows he has to prove it this year, or it is going to get very sticky in Lincoln, and more fans will be calling for his head.

I have faith in Callahan. If many of the fans on this board were in charge, of course they'd have him back for USC because that's how they feel. But I believe Callahan made his call based on Mo the kid, and not on how "talented" he is or how much the team "needs" him. Teams are stronger than individuals.

Maybe, because I don't see us beating USC with or without Mo. They will likely take him out of the game in the same way Oklahoma did last year. Scoring on that defense will be difficult.

Dramatic much? Gimme a friggin break. The only hot seat Callahan is on is the one that Husker fans such as yourself put him on.

But I suppose you are right. It's not like he drug a girl down multiple flights of stairs... :corndance

Mark my words, during the USC game, we will hear about how he was reinstated just in time to play the #1 team, but if that doesn't bother you so be it.

No, he was just guilty of 4 law infractions, was charged with 2 different assault charges, and didn't keep his word to his coach and team. No big deal there, huh? But he got a year's probabation so it's all okay. Whatever.

Callahan knows he has to prove it this year, or it is going to get very sticky in Lincoln, and more fans will be calling for his head.

What ever,

You still have not given your version of what would be appropriate. Maybe a public lynching or flogged. I really thought that BC would give him more but he must have some info we are not privy to. I will trust BC on this and be Happy for MP, the Team and the Fans. Now if we can get Bowman back to full speed for the usc game we wont have any excuses to not give them a great game and possibly win it.

GBR

That's right! Forget Probation, off the team, and the electric chair for him! :ahhhhhhhh

Time to bring back Frank! :madash

(Hey, someone had to say it!)

:sarcasm:wacko::sarcasm;):sarcasm:bang

That's the thing. It doesn't matter if the "fans" call for his head. You can scream until you're blue in the face. The only real tool you have is to not support the team.

I am sorry you get hung up on what the talking heads say before the game. I would encourage you not to because really, it doesn't matter. Anyone who takes what Brent Musberger has to say as gospel should hang it up.

He was not found guilty of 4 "law infractions". He plead no contest to two charges and the other two were dropped. Check the records.

The kid has been totally excluded from summer workouts and conditioning. He'll get maybe 1 week's worth plus not being able to play in the first game.

Like others said, I'm not really sure what you want out of the situation? Any insight into that would be great. Would you like him kicked off the team? What would make this right in your eye?

I think this is about what everyone expected. From Mo's tone in his apology (read) I think he's been shaken up by this whole thing––which is the point. It's dangerous to assume that Callahan's only giving this sentence for his own personal benefit. I personally think that whatever your views on him as a coach, he has the right intentions with regard to Mo and his future. After being suspended for 6 weeks plus one game, having over a grand in fines, a car sensor, a year's worth of probation, the disappointment and scorn of the entire state, and the continued pummeling Mo is going to have to watch Callahan take for him because of the sentence and his own bad choices (and it would have been the same no matter what Bill handed down, by the way), I think this is ultimately just and fair.

Granted, I want Mo to play, but punishment goes way beyond games, stats, wins and losses. Mo's had to face the music in a state where we don't like our players embarrassing us. Let's just hope that this whole ordeal is over, Mo knows we still have his back, and all everyone wants is what's best for him and the program.

And USC must be razed to the ground. (Make it happen, Mo) :bonez

I think this is about what everyone expected. From Mo's tone in his apology (read) I think he's been shaken up by this whole thing––which is the point. It's dangerous to assume that Callahan's only giving this sentence for his own personal benefit. I personally think that whatever your views on him as a coach, he has the right intentions with regard to Mo and his future. After being suspended for 6 weeks plus one game, having over a grand in fines, a car sensor, a year's worth of probation, the disappointment and scorn of the entire state, and the continued pummeling Mo is going to have to watch Callahan take for him because of the sentence and his own bad choices (and it would have been the same no matter what Bill handed down, by the way), I think this is ultimately just and fair.

Granted, I want Mo to play, but punishment goes way beyond games, stats, wins and losses. Mo's had to face the music in a state where we don't like our players embarrassing us. Let's just hope that this whole ordeal is over, Mo knows we still have his back, and all everyone wants is what's best for him and the program.

And USC must be razed to the ground. (Make it happen, Mo) :bonez

Pretty well put. Mo has no choice at this point, IMO...it's either football and school or booze and problems. And with the way Goodall is going to town, the NFL may not be much of a chance either if any more problems pop up, especially from the school that produced one of the biggest problems in the NFL. This is definitely Purify's moment to rise up and stay true to his apology. It won't take long to bury it if he screws up, but it will take years to repair his credibility off the field. Here's to life, learning, and making the best of a new lease on college football.

Best to ya Mo, most importantly in your young life off the field, and also, secondarily, in football.

Fops

He was not found guilty of 4 "law infractions". He plead no contest to two charges and the other two were dropped. Check the records.

The kid has been totally excluded from summer workouts and conditioning. He'll get maybe 1 week's worth plus not being able to play in the first game.

Like others said, I'm not really sure what you want out of the situation? Any insight into that would be great. Would you like him kicked off the team? What would make this right in your eye?

The records I checked showed he pleaded "no-contest" (guilty) to all 4 charges.

Oh no, he got the summer off to sit on his ass, what a huge penalty to pay!!!! Give me an f'ing break.

After he started a fight in a bar and promised not to get into any more trouble but a few weeks later got picked up for DUI, he should have been kicked off the team, period. He looked his coach and teammates in the face and lied to them. But he has a coach who has a trouble telling the truth so we shouldn't expect anything less in this situation.

The records I checked showed he pleaded "no-contest" (guilty) to all 4 charges.

Oh no, he got the summer off to sit on his ass, what a huge penalty to pay!!!! Give me an f'ing break.

After he started a fight in a bar and promised not to get into any more trouble but a few weeks later got picked up for DUI, he should have been kicked off the team, period. He looked his coach and teammates in the face and lied to them. But he has a coach who has a trouble telling the truth so we shouldn't expect anything less in this situation.

You sir are an :asshat and flamers are dealt with not so kindly by the mods. Voice your opinion and have a discussion but if you want to come and just stir sh#t go somewhere else.