Purify Back

Not suprising, with Callahan being on the hot seat, he needs Purify to play against USC. So much for Callahan being a tough disciplinarian. With Callahan trying to save his own neck, he will create another huge black eye for the program.

I was just wondering why you would think that Callahan is on the hot seat? Black eye for the program? How do you figure? I think one to two games is just, yet I seem to think that you have a greater punishment in mind - perhaps getting kicked off the team? I'm just puzzled by your response. What would you have done in Callahan's place?

Not suprising, with Callahan being on the hot seat, he needs Purify to play against USC. So much for Callahan being a tough disciplinarian. With Callahan trying to save his own neck, he will create another huge black eye for the program.

I was just wondering why you would think that Callahan is on the hot seat? Black eye for the program? How do you figure? I think one to two games is just, yet I seem to think that you have a greater punishment in mind - perhaps getting kicked off the team? I'm just puzzled by your response. What would you have done in Callahan's place?

I'd be interested to hear what the media and other teams' fans think about the result.

It's easy for us to sit back and say "he got what he deserved" since we're all Nebraska fans and we want to keep our players. Especially talented ones.

But we all know what can happen when you go easy on someone just to get them back on the team to win (Phillips). I know we'll probably never hear the end of this from other fans. Saying Nebraska's discipline is just like it was 10 years ago.

yeah because this isn't the first person to be let off "easy" what happened to the worse offenders? i.e. richie incognito? The structure of football will keep him inline IMO. The punishment dealt out by the court was sufficant enough. Am i biased? maybe a little, but what fan isn't??

Dramatic much? Gimme a friggin break. The only hot seat Callahan is on is the one that Husker fans such as yourself put him on.

But I suppose you are right. It's not like he drug a girl down multiple flights of stairs... :corndance

I like the decision the judicial system has punished him already. He needs the structure of football in his life

I agree 100% that Purify needs football more than football needs him and don't get me wrong, I'm glad it's just one game that he'll miss. However, we know what the broadcasters are going to bring up over and over again during the USC game...