Purify Back

I'm already hearing it from my OU friends and my USC friend. Ugh!

Like USC has any room to talk. If the NCAA had any balls, USC would be put back in the stone age for all the shenanigans they pulled with Bush and his family. Absolutely horrible.

Like USC has any room to talk. If the NCAA had any balls, USC would be put back in the stone age for all the shenanigans they pulled with Bush and his family. Absolutely horrible.

or OU fans for that matter, but if you ask them all of the players saints

My sig is for a reason........................cheatin bi***es

i am OK with the way this has been handled and how it all has played out. I DO hope that Mo is good to his word and holds up his end for the rest of his time at NU, so we don't have to hear how Cally made a bad choice. Cally has taken a substantial risk here, i do hope he is rewarded with exemplary behavior by Mo.

i am OK with the way this has been handled and how it all has played out. I DO hope that Mo is good to his word and holds up his end for the rest of his time at NU, so we don't have to hear how Cally made a bad choice. Cally has taken a substantial risk here, i do hope he is rewarded with exemplary behavior by Mo.

Wow, not the response I expected from you. I agree.

well, skrsovrsc, let's just hope this all works out and we have more fun talking about the wins and great team olay. time for the play to begin and our focus on team performance.

Ditto. I trust that BC considered the best interests of the team and MO and determined what he believed to be the RIGHT thing without regard to MO's abilities and player status. If he did that, as far as I'm concerned the ball is 100% in MO's court. I hope MO lives up to his responsibilities. If he doesn't, it's his own stupid fault and I don't think reflects poorly at all on BC. I seriously doubt BC is compelled to go easy on MO because the team (and BC) needs his play. That would only be counter productive. I also don't believe the coaches (BC or TO in the past) should take a hit because they give some guy a chance, regardless of the outcome, if that chance is based on the hope and expectation that the kid will make good of it.

Come on MO. You dodged a bullet with the help of people who want you to succeed. Wise up and take advantage of the good things you've been dealt. Don't be a moron and a fool.

Good point...not that OU is innocent by any means, but how is the USC thing any different?!? That all got conveniently swept under the rug :hmmph:dunno

AR, correct me if i am wrong, but isnt pleading "No Contest" different from pleading "Guilty" to the charges.

I could be wrong, but I think pleading 'guilty' means you're either guilty, or are feeling you are going to be found 'guilty', and try to get a plea arrangement.

'No Contest' is stating that you do not feel that you are guilty, but that the evidence or case against you is overwhelming and you do not wish to contest the charges against you.

Again, I am no legal expert, and anyone who is can clarify this as needed.

Fops

When one pleads "no contest" he is not admitting guilt, but to be sentenced he is found guilty by the judge. So when you plea no contest, you are found guilty.

Actually, there is no finding of guilt. A no contest plea (referred to as nolo contendere) means that the person neither accepts or denies guilt, but that sentence is passed as if a finding of guilty is made or entered.

A person enters a "no contest" plea because, unlike a finding or plea of "guilty", it can't later be used against the person as an admission or finding of guilt in a civil trial.

Thanks AR...figured you'd swoop in and make me look 'legally' insane. ;)

Only time will tell whether this was a good decisison or a bad decision. Much like the Lawrence Phillips situation, TO thought that keeping LP in a structured situation with a real chance to succeed in life (i.e. the NFL) was the best chance for him. LP, NOT TO, was the one who decided to throw it all down the drain. It was not about winning a championship. Anyone with half a brain knows we win that game with Green.

MO has to decide now - will he truly use this second chance or will he throw it all away. From what I've seen from BC he will be on the shortest leash know to man. It will not take another run-in with the law to get him kicked of the team for good. Just not meeting what is probably a TON of conditions set forth by BC.

Do you guys all forget the Incognito situation? We needed him - really really needed him that year. But BC did what thought was best for the team in the long term giving what he knew about the situation. He is doing the same thing now.