Out of state-ers

no, Omaha is bigger than Lincoln even with Memorial filled. Memorial is third though.

i guess that makes sense. The metro of Omaha is huge.

omaha is huge compared to any other town in nebraska. but when you compare it to other major cities, we're still considered small.

and that's not a bad thing, really.

I live in Iowa and I see at least 1 husker fan every time I go to Des Moines. When I go to Nebraska to visit relatives I will see all these Nebraska flags and stickers and it will get me all excited but then i am like oh ya i am in Nebraska. Once I was at a Yankee's Diamondbacks game in Phoenix and I was wearing a husker shirt and this college student ran up to me and hugged me and said GO BIG RED! LOL :lol:

You said YANKEES! :):thumbs:woo:cheers

no, Omaha is bigger than Lincoln even with Memorial filled. Memorial is third though.

i guess that makes sense. The metro of Omaha is huge.

omaha is huge compared to any other town in nebraska. but when you compare it to other major cities, we're still considered small.

and that's not a bad thing, really.

C'mon, Hack! I want a picture! Do some 'maintainence' on your profile! ;)

Does anyone else in non-NE states feel that a special bond is created when you come across someone who has a Husker license plate or a Nebraska shirt on?

Living in KC I don't know many Husker fans...which is why I'm on this board so much. But when I'm driving I'll see someone with a Husker license plate and I'll pass them hoping they see my Husker window sticker...and I feel like a special bond is made right then. :)

Or I find myself throwing out a "Husker Power" when walking by someone with a Husker shirt on.

Anyone else live in another state and find themselves smiling when they see a Husker fan? Especially with the season nearing?

:bonez:bonez

GBR

It is something special, in paticular when you live as far as I do {Pennsylvania} About four months ago while in Carlisle Pa, I met a couple from Nebraska. We crossed paths in a parking lot at a strip mall {We all had Husker clothing on} and we just chatted away about the upcomming season and the things that I missed since being out here. Nicest 25 minute conversation I've had in a long time.

Living here in Utah, especially in Provo, it is hard to find Husker Fans. When I see them I usually honk. Even if I just see a Nebraska license plate I will pull up along side them and give them the thumbs up. I was begining to think there wasn't a strong presence out here...

Then I went to Iggy's Sports Grill in Salt Lake. I was up there for a PRSSA conference, but was not about to miss the ATM game. I didn't know what to expect. I thought they would just be playing the game over the TV's and there would be some husker fans intermingled in the crowd of people. What I encountered was Husker Nation in full force!! We had our own room, the fight song was played after every touch down, chants of "Husker Power" were common, and I felt like we were going to shake down the restaurant when Purify made that catch in the corner. It was amazing. I plan on definitely going to a few games up there this season. I cannot believe I never knew about it before.

GBR