Out of state-ers

Does anyone else in non-NE states feel that a special bond is created when you come across someone who has a Husker license plate or a Nebraska shirt on?

Living in KC I don't know many Husker fans...which is why I'm on this board so much. But when I'm driving I'll see someone with a Husker license plate and I'll pass them hoping they see my Husker window sticker...and I feel like a special bond is made right then. :)

Or I find myself throwing out a "Husker Power" when walking by someone with a Husker shirt on.

Anyone else live in another state and find themselves smiling when they see a Husker fan? Especially with the season nearing?

:bonez:bonez

GBR

Yep. I live in Texas so needless to say I don't come across many people who AREN'T wearing maroon or orange (t-shirt fans...smh). I've walked through Grapevine Mills Mall in Dallas several times in a NU hat or shirt and had people walk up to me with a smile and say "Go Big Red" or things of the sort. NU easily has the most congenial fans and it's always good to come across them down here. I can't wait to get to Lincoln in January lol.

it's like that here even in Omaha

I've wondered if it was. I know Nebraska football is big up there (of course), but I just didn't know if it was "yeah, everyone loves Nebraska...same ol', same ol'."

Like here, it's KU, K-State or the Chiefs.....so if you like one of them it's no big deal, everyone else does. It's just a huge thing to me when I run into a Nebraska fan. One of my clients at work is a big Husker fan and everytime I run into him the convo always starts with "did you see the game this weekend!"...or did you hear what's going on with Purify?!!? (or similar)

No KU, K-State or Chiefs fan can have that connection at my work.

Maybe I'm weird :)

in denver, i have people talk to me a lot cuz i wear a hoodie to work out in that's Husker gear. a couple guys started wearing there's too. and his girlfriend played soccer at NU and we had never met, and then one day we did and talked about the great state and the football program for about 2 hours. instant friendship. my wife is from kansas, and is converted now and she points out Husker stickers and plates and stuff!! good bond out here in buffalo-meat land.

I live in IoWA And work @ a jiffy lube that services over 60 cars a day. It's surprising the number of husker fans we get in. When im guiding in a car and notice a husker plate or a decal of some sort i know that me and the "customer" automatically have something in common and it makes a great thing to start a conversation. Every other husker fan i have met just proves to me over and over, we DO have the best fans in college football!

:bonez:woo

Here in Colorado I always get a GBR or pass one along when I see someone wearing Husker gear. I recently found out I have a guy the lives on my block that use to always see my Husker plate on my truck when he passed by my driveway. He was a huge Husker fan also and had always wanted to stop and talk football but could never catch me outside at the right time.

I have my wife (from the state of NY) wearing Husker gear all the time also but I have not started her on the next training phase ......greeting other peolple wearing Husker gear. Thats coming soon. She could have cared less at the begginning of last years season however, we would grill up hot wings on the grill, and pour the drinks when the games were on TV, and she eventually began to get into the games. She is really looking forward to it this year. I also took her to her first home game last year and her comment was....."now that I know what I would be missing, your never going to a game without me". Her transformation should be complete soon.

Does anyone else in non-NE states feel that a special bond is created when you come across someone who has a Husker license plate or a Nebraska shirt on?

Living in KC I don't know many Husker fans...which is why I'm on this board so much. But when I'm driving I'll see someone with a Husker license plate and I'll pass them hoping they see my Husker window sticker...and I feel like a special bond is made right then. :)

Or I find myself throwing out a "Husker Power" when walking by someone with a Husker shirt on.

Anyone else live in another state and find themselves smiling when they see a Husker fan? Especially with the season nearing?

GBR

All the time. I help out Husker people here in Colorado whenever I can. We are afterall the chosen ones.

I live in Iowa and I see at least 1 husker fan every time I go to Des Moines. When I go to Nebraska to visit relatives I will see all these Nebraska flags and stickers and it will get me all excited but then i am like oh ya i am in Nebraska. Once I was at a Yankee's Diamondbacks game in Phoenix and I was wearing a husker shirt and this college student ran up to me and hugged me and said GO BIG RED! LOL :lol:

GBR

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live in Nebraska and I love seeing it even here. When I take vacations though, I always look for a Husker fan where I'm at. I went to Six Flags at St. Louis this year and while waiting in line for a roller coaster, two guys got in line behind me in Nebraska shirts. I had my Huskers hat on and they tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Husker Power!" We talked Huskers through the whole wait. It's cool because I've never met these people and probably never see them again but because of one thing, we were like old friends meeting up. It's definitely a special thing. :bonez