Future

can't agree with that. he has no head coaching experience whatsoever.

neither did Tom Osborne, Bob Devaney, or Frank Solich (unless you count high school for FS)

the bobfather coached high school football for years before becoming an assistant at michigan state. after that, he was the head coach at wyoming.

Funny how the man himself has said directly and succinctly that he has no interest in returning to the NFL. I've heard it here, folks. He says he loves where he's at, the job he's doing, the people he works with. Once Bill's got that Big XII championshi trophy sitting in his case and the potential for a national championship in the works, everyone is going to fall silent, then slowly trickle into thunderous applause. Once that happens, he'll have his option, stay, or pros. I don't think he's going anywhere––because that's how he says he feels.

And USC must be razed to the ground.

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

I hated this thread initially (but newbies will get the feel eventually), but leave it to the Husker pundits to take it where it needs to go :clap . I really feel like this is Cally's year to shine as a college coach. This is a schedule where he will have to have a gameplan, be willing to change as necessary, and throw in 'trickeries' to get it all done. Lest it be said, NU is going to be 'out-talented' on at least 2 occasions, one on the road. To have a chance...

1) Coaching

2) Heart

3) Nebraska

That should get it done. chuckleshuffle

Funny how the man himself has said directly and succinctly that he has no interest in returning to the NFL. I've heard it here, folks. He says he loves where he's at, the job he's doing, the people he works with. Once Bill's got that Big XII championshi trophy sitting in his case and the potential for a national championship in the works, everyone is going to fall silent, then slowly trickle into thunderous applause. Once that happens, he'll have his option, stay, or pros. I don't think he's going anywhere––because that's how he says he feels.

How many coaches have supposedly been happy with where they're at only to get that hot phone call and be on the next plane out of town? I'm sure the Miami Dolphins are real happy with Saban. Plus, I don't see NU trying to compete money wise with a pro team if BC ever has that kind of success. Considering the loyalty of BC's assistants to the program, what makes you think BC will be anymore loyal if the right situation opens up for him? I'm pretty sure I read where Miles was very happy at OSU, but after the call from LSU wow he got happier. Petrino was supposedly happy at Louisville a couple of years ago when he turned down pro jobs. What happened? Well he found what he perceived as the right opening and bolted to Atlanta. I think it's very naive to at least not accept the fact that BC may get lured away from NU by a pro team. However, I think he's got a lot to do and accomplish before many/any pro teams lay out the red carpet for him.

How many coaches have supposedly been happy with where they're at only to get that hot phone call and be on the next plane out of town? I'm sure the Miami Dolphins are real happy with Saban. Plus, I don't see NU trying to compete money wise with a pro team if BC ever has that kind of success. Considering the loyalty of BC's assistants to the program, what makes you think BC will be anymore loyal if the right situation opens up for him? I'm pretty sure I read where Miles was very happy at OSU, but after the call from LSU wow he got happier. Petrino was supposedly happy at Louisville a couple of years ago when he turned down pro jobs. What happened? Well he found what he perceived as the right opening and bolted to Atlanta. I think it's very naive to at least not accept the fact that BC may get lured away from NU by a pro team. However, I think he's got a lot to do and accomplish before many/any pro teams lay out the red carpet for him.

Good post. As much as we all want to believe he couldn't be "bought" by the NFL most everybody has their price. Just ask the Yankees. So I don't think anyone can really say there is no way he would go back to the NFL. However, considering how his departure happened I think he would need to become wildly successful in College ie multiple NC's to receive an unrefusable offer back to the NFL. Also, I do believe he has a level of loyalty to Nebraska football, and if treated well could make this a final career move. But of course, only time will tell. This is a different time, and you don't see loyalty like it used to be.

Tom Rathman has played with the greatest players the west coast offense has ever seen, not to mention the man who created it. Bo Pelini had no head coaching exp when he came here....half of you would make him a head coach now. Bill will leave! he has tasted the superbowl and that is ultimately his greatest challange. I live in Arizona, born and raised in Omaha till 3 years ago. Callahan has loads of talent and a few pro teams are watching his development at Nebraska. Money talks my friends, Sam Keller will allow Callahan to open up his EXTREMELY complicated pro playbook and both will showcase thier talents to the pros this season. Callahan has no emotional ties to NU $$$$$$$$. Now on the Tom Rathman angle lets look @ his accomplishments. Won a superbowl in the west coast offense, his pro dreams are complete, with the best in the game. Must have learned a couple things about football since leaving NU. Has emotional ties to the state, which could be said for Tom Osborne. Tom Rathman will give the program a solid foundation. Just think of the people Rathman has been associated with, and the recruiting potiential he has, not to mention assistant coaching candidates. Callahan was not very well trusted after the Raider gig, he jumped @ NU to save his career and showcase his ability. Rathman is a Husker and would bleed for the BIG RED once again. Rathman knows the west coast offense, he knows what it takes to play at a championship level....the respect he would command from high school kids would be tremendous, imagine Joe Montana helping Tom recruit a QB. He loves NEBRASKA and is very intrested in becoming a member of the coaching staff. Husker fans, try not to let sipple and studder boy warp your thoughts with the big red page. there is more going on than what you read in the hearld.

Good post. As much as we all want to believe he couldn't be "bought" by the NFL most everybody has their price. Just ask the Yankees. So I don't think anyone can really say there is no way he would go back to the NFL. However, considering how his departure happened I think he would need to become wildly successful in College ie multiple NC's to receive an unrefusable offer back to the NFL. Also, I do believe he has a level of loyalty to Nebraska football, and if treated well could make this a final career move. But of course, only time will tell. This is a different time, and you don't see loyalty like it used to be.

Amen. It will depend alot on what his experience here continues to be. There is a level of loyalty to NU I believe, but that feeling will need to be reinforced in order to sway him away from the money that will be waved in his face again eventually.

I hated this thread initially (but newbies will get the feel eventually), but leave it to the Husker pundits to take it where it needs to go :clap . I really feel like this is Cally's year to shine as a college coach. This is a schedule where he will have to have a gameplan, be willing to change as necessary, and throw in 'trickeries' to get it all done. Lest it be said, NU is going to be 'out-talented' on at least 2 occasions, one on the road. To have a chance...

1) Coaching

2) Heart

3) Nebraska

you are a moron

1) Coaching

2) Heart

3) Nebraska

you are a moron

Easy with the name calling??? :wtf

Tom Rathman has played with the greatest players the west coast offense has ever seen, not to mention the man who created it. Bo Pelini had no head coaching exp when he came here....half of you would make him a head coach now. Bill will leave! he has tasted the superbowl and that is ultimately his greatest challange. I live in Arizona, born and raised in Omaha till 3 years ago. Callahan has loads of talent and a few pro teams are watching his development at Nebraska. Money talks my friends, Sam Keller will allow Callahan to open up his EXTREMELY complicated pro playbook and both will showcase thier talents to the pros this season. Callahan has no emotional ties to NU $$$$$$$$. Now on the Tom Rathman angle lets look @ his accomplishments. Won a superbowl in the west coast offense, his pro dreams are complete, with the best in the game. Must have learned a couple things about football since leaving NU. Has emotional ties to the state, which could be said for Tom Osborne. Tom Rathman will give the program a solid foundation. Just think of the people Rathman has been associated with, and the recruiting potiential he has, not to mention assistant coaching candidates. Callahan was not very well trusted after the Raider gig, he jumped @ NU to save his career and showcase his ability. Rathman is a Husker and would bleed for the BIG RED once again. Rathman knows the west coast offense, he knows what it takes to play at a championship level....the respect he would command from high school kids would be tremendous, imagine Joe Montana helping Tom recruit a QB. He loves NEBRASKA and is very intrested in becoming a member of the coaching staff. Husker fans, try not to let sipple and studder boy warp your thoughts with the big red page. there is more going on than what you read in the hearld.

Whats Rathman done as a coordinator? I believe he was only a RB's coach. What would make him be a good head coach besides bleeding 'husker red' and commanding respect? How do you know his pro dreams are complete? You asked? How do you know he doesn't want to coach in a super bowl like BC?

All you're doing is speculating on something that probably don't know anything about.