What happens if

we beat SC? Storm the field? Take down the goal posts? I know I lot of people will say, "We're Nebraska, we don't do that." But think about this. In 1994 we would go on to win TO's first nc. Well earlier in the season, we went up against a sCUm team that was 2nd in the nation in the rankings. We beat them, and the posts came down. We were about to embark on the greatest run in college football history, and we tore them down. Why couldn't we do the same this year? It's not like we have been in the national hunt lately, and that Husker team had just played for the title the previous year. I think the posts will come down if we win, and Lincoln will be insane that night. GBR :w00t:w00t:restore:restore:nanalama:nanalama:cheers:cheers

I know that #1 USC will have alot of talent and savy coming to Lincoln and when we beat them, I don't think it warrants tearing down the goal post. Until "The Game of the Century III" comes to lincoln, we will remain as a school that doesn't do that....This is my own personal opinion.

Im just thinking back to the Texas game from last year. There was a point in that game that everyone in Nebraska thought we were going to take that game. I was at Barry's bar watching the game and I'll tell you what it was crazy! From what I heard the Stadium was freakin crazy also! I actually thought we would win that game and they would come down then. I wouldn't be suprised if they came down if we win! IMO it depends on the type of game. If we won on a last second field goal or TD or if we had a goal line stand or somethign of that nature, I believe the crowd would be pumped enough to do it! :hellloooo

Im just thinking back to the Texas game from last year. There was a point in that game that everyone in Nebraska thought we were going to take that game. I was at Barry's bar watching the game and I'll tell you what it was crazy! From what I heard the Stadium was freakin crazy also! I actually thought we would win that game and they would come down then. I wouldn't be suprised if they came down if we win! IMO it depends on the type of game. If we won on a last second field goal or TD or if we had a goal line stand or somethign of that nature, I believe the crowd would be pumped enough to do it! :hellloooo

I was at the Texas game and I can tell you it was freakin insane!!!!! It was so loud that there is no way that I can describe it and then silence...........................(fumble)

If we're leading Pete and his Christmas carolers in the 4th Qtr, they're gonna start greasing up the goal posts and beefing up the perimeter with good reason. I will be happy to help bring down the uprights as they're the same ones that witnessed our losses to Texass in 06 and the Oklah*mos in 05. New goal posts for a new era in which the order has been fully restored and all is right in the universe. Sidenote: the atmosphere in Memorial during the pre-fumble 4th Qtr vs UT last year can only be compared to when Eric caught that Blackflash Reverse pass against OU (who was trying to cover him with a down lineman!). In both cases, Memorial might have only been the 3rd largest city in NE but it was the loudest city on the planet!

we beat SC? Storm the field? Take down the goal posts? I know I lot of people will say, "We're Nebraska, we don't do that." But think about this. In 1994 we would go on to win TO's first nc. Well earlier in the season, we went up against a sCUm team that was 2nd in the nation in the rankings. We beat them, and the posts came down. We were about to embark on the greatest run in college football history, and we tore them down. Why couldn't we do the same this year? It's not like we have been in the national hunt lately, and that Husker team had just played for the title the previous year. I think the posts will come down if we win, and Lincoln will be insane that night. GBR :w00t:w00t:restore:restore:nanalama:nanalama:cheers:cheers

sorry, don't think we will have to worry about it.

I can never and will never understand tearing the goal posts down AT YOUR OWN STADIUM. What the hell does it mean? It would make sense if you were the visitor, but no one has the balls to do that.

For me it's not because "We're Nebraska". It's because I think it's friggin retarded.

"I can never and will never understand tearing the goal posts down AT YOUR OWN STADIUM. What the hell does it mean?"

celebration

noun

1. a joyful occasion for special festivities to mark some happy event

2. any joyous diversion

3. the public performance of a sacrament or ceremony with all appropriate ritual; "the celebration of an unlikely upset"

See also festivus

"I can never and will never understand tearing the goal posts down AT YOUR OWN STADIUM. What the hell does it mean?"

celebration

noun

1. a joyful occasion for special festivities to mark some happy event

2. any joyous diversion

3. the public performance of a sacrament or ceremony with all appropriate ritual; "the celebration of an unlikely upset"

See also festivus

My question still stands as this is not listed in the definition:

4. Destroying ones own property.