Brandon Jackson info

Hello,

not sure if this belongs here, but here goes. I am a longtime Green Bay Packer fan, and I'm trying to get as much info on Brandon Jackson as I possibly can. I'll be honest I don't watch a lot of CFB. The only thing I know about Jackson is he is an elusive runner. Can you guys help me out by giving me any additional info on him? Any info would be appreciated.

Sure thing, and welcome to the board :)

I'll admit I knew little about Jackson as well. I believe he first surfaced as a tough freshman (or sophomore?) runner in 2004, backing up Cory Ross - but 2004 was a very, very forgettable year here, and I don't remember much of it. The next year he was basically out with injury.

At the beginning of 2006, we had four talented guys at RB - Marlon Lucky, our much-anticipated 5-star RB then in his sophomore year; Cody Glenn, a big, bruising back who had proven himself in short yardage situations. Incoming also was Kenny Wilson, a speedy, exciting juco back who broke off an insane 60-yard touchdown run in practice that involved shaking just about every defender on the field...Jackson was kind of an afterthought, at least initially.

There were some nice, feel-good reports about how he was picking up the system fast, had advanced in leaps and bounds - this was when he was considered, at least I believe, as the #4 back out of those 4. Of course we all thought we had a 4-man horse at running back; just that Jackson would have been the 4th and it was really nice to hear that even he had come a long way. Essentially, "Man, this is going to be Marlon's breakout year; Glenn's a beast, Kenny's tearing it up...and oh, look, Brandon Jackson's much improved too."

The first few games were basically rotation (serious RBBC) between the four guys; they all had 100-yard games within the first few weeks, if I'm not mistaken. Then as conference play wore on, Jackson started carrying more and more of the load, eventually taking over as starter and carrying the team through the rest of the season. He was an incredibly tough runner (I think Lucky and Wilson were regarded more as our speed/elusive guys) with the knowledge of the offense and blitz-picking skills that we needed for our offense. Essentially, he came from nowhere to become "the whole package" for us.

And I didn't really even know what was going on, even during the season - had no clue just how far he had progressed (only that he had taken over the majority of the RB load), until he declared for the NFL draft.

From an NFL standpoint, there are injury concerns and of course he's unproven...I've heard questions about how much a dominant O-line skewed his highlight reel...but all that aside, you're getting a solid back and an outstanding guy. I've heard others on the board saying he may be the most complete back we've *ever* produced to the NFL, and that's really saying a lot.

Thank you guys for the info. He honestly reminds me of Ahman Green. One question though. How was Jackson's Pass blocking? The reason I ask is because in camp he has been getting run over by the blitz. I'm not sure if its just nerves or something more?

He was actually our top pass blocker out of all IBs last season. He was inserted on most all 3rd downs to protect Zac Taylor, and b/c he has reliable hands. The main reason for this IMO is b/c he was more seasoned / better at reading packages - plus he had an NFL-esque body vs college players. So just give him time to get comfortable with reading the new schemes and let him put on some real NFL muscle, and he'll be just fine as a pb in the League. U guys got a good one - and one of the hardest workers we've seen since Cory Ross & Ahman.

Can you guys help me out by giving me any additional info on him? Any info would be appreciated.

-He is black

-He is a male

-He is big

-He usually wears a helmet

-He usually wears shoes

Hope that helps!!!

:sarcasm

Aside from what people have said...I don't know if we ever got to see the FULL B-jax on display. Not his fault, not the coaches fault, but a combination of some injuries and the system that uses 2-3-4 backs regularly. If he is able to be an every-down/feature back and do what we were able to see 'flashes' of...he may not be a pro-bowler, but he'll be a good, servicable 1000 yard back (300-500 receiving as a bonus on top of that) for a number of years.

Agreed???

Thank you guys for the info. He honestly reminds me of Ahman Green. One question though. How was Jackson's Pass blocking? The reason I ask is because in camp he has been getting run over by the blitz. I'm not sure if its just nerves or something more?

He has nowhere near the breakaway/finishing speed of Ahman...at least not that I have seen/remember. However, while he put some balls on the ground, he won't lose the ball as much as Ahman did (at least early like he did in Seattle). He's a good blocker...hard hitter.

Didn't he run for something like 99 yards in the 1st quarter of the Ok St. game last year? Then late in the second they started subbing in Lucky, and thats when the collective efforts of the team tore us apart. But BJax was lightning in the beginning if I remember correctly!

Yes....that is very true.......I think it was the ONLY good memory to come out of that game. I threw up in my mouth watching the second half!!!! :ahhhhhhhh

Hello,

not sure if this belongs here, but here goes. I am a longtime Green Bay Packer fan, and I'm trying to get as much info on Brandon Jackson as I possibly can. I'll be honest I don't watch a lot of CFB. The only thing I know about Jackson is he is an elusive runner. Can you guys help me out by giving me any additional info on him? Any info would be appreciated.

I've got to say you got a really good kid in BJax. He is extremely elusive, great speed, learns quickly, great hands and a hard worker. He seems to excel at catching in the flats and working in space. He is good at reading the hole, but he is injury prone (2 shoulder surgeries) so its a little risky to bang between the tackles with him. All in all he should be a great back for you. Good Luck. GBR.

Hello,

I've got to say you got a really good kid in BJax. He is extremely elusive, great speed, learns quickly, great hands and a hard worker. He seems to excel at catching in the flats and working in space. He is good at reading the hole, but he is injury prone (2 shoulder surgeries) so its a little risky to bang between the tackles with him. All in all he should be a great back for you. Good Luck. GBR.

Bjax is also great at picking holes in the line and using downfield blockers to his advantage. He has a knack for running off the heels of his blocker, to one side or the other, past the defender.

Here is an article about Bjax from the Omaha World Herald: Bjax article