Brandon Jackson info

Brandon Jackson isn't as good as Ahman Green but Green did have a lot better O-Line when he played at NU. Jackson is a pretty solid running back with power but he's not at a level like Ahman Green was at when he was at NU. But I think that he'll be successful in the NFL and will gain more experience and become a good back for the Packers.

I thought you guys might be interested in Brandon Jackson's performance during last nights scrimmage. He looked alright running the ball, but he played outstanding as a receiver. A couple times he lined up as a receiver and caught a TD. He also almost took a quick out pass into a TD with some of his moves.

Packers training camp reports indicate they've been working on the halfback pass a few times with him (he's 1/3 so far, with an interception, I believe). However, while he performed well as a runner/receiver, he's been struggling mightily with his pass-blocking assignments, getting run over on blitz packages. Let's hope he improves.

Rob Demovsky of the Green Bay Press-Gazette was on 1620 and said Jackson has a good shot to be the starter this year partially by default because the Packers have almost no one back. While they haven't been able to gauge what kind of runner he is due to limited contact he said that Jackson really impressed people with his pass catching ability when he laid out for a ball at the one yard line in a recent scrimmage.

Some more on BJAX... I think he is very ready for the next level b/c he really wants to prove it.

Brandon Jackson Cornhusker for life in a Packer Wacker Uniform click it here - do it, do it

Training Camp Report: Three Healthy RBs To Share Full-Game Load

by Mike Spofford, Packers.com

posted 08/09/2007

At this point it appears the Packers will have only three healthy tailbacks for Saturday night's preseason opener in Pittsburgh, but the ones who can play are prepared to play as long as they're asked to.

"If it's the whole game, I'll play it," rookie second-round draft pick Brandon Jackson said. "If I have to play it on my knuckles, I'll play it. Don't matter."

Jackson will start the game as the No. 1 running back, and Head Coach Mike McCarthy said after Thursday night's practice that Jackson would play at least the first half. Behind him will be Noah Herron and combo back Corey White.

All three scored touchdowns during a red zone team drill Thursday night. Jackson scored on a short plunge up the middle, Herron ran one in off the left side, and White made a catch along the end zone sideline when quarterback Brett Favre scrambled to his right.

Already down to four tailbacks this week because of...

• 3 weeks later...