I've been thinking.....

I was sitting at work this moirning and wondering man.....why are we nailing so many good recruits so early? Especially on offense. Then it hit me. I think BC and staff have them sold on the fact that they could all come into the program together and be a part of something special. They all have the chance to play 4 solid years together. That is something that the great colleges nowadays strive to do. Let your kids gel and become one. First it started with the recruiting of three great OL. Then our blue chip QB and now our STUD RB, not too mention the speedster WR we just nabbed out of Ohio. Then we step over to the other side of the ball. Our Defense. It is so nice to see that the Huskers now have the time and patience to recruit kids for certain areas instead of in the past when it seemed like we just "needed bodies". I truly believe this program will be a national power house once again! When the hell was the last time that the Huskers plucked blue chippers out of Ohio or Michigan??!!! I mean if these 17 year old kids that are committing from all around the country believe , then I think our fans should believe it too! :bonez

Well we also have some great personalities recruited such as Blaine Gabbert. He is challenging himself and others to get more players, like Jonas Gray or any other top player, to get them committed. He is really taking a leadership role early with this team and getting some great players here. If we can get players to like our coaches, campus, and facilities and then on top of that become friends with incoming players that can only help us.

It seems like each great Offensive player we're getting is bring a good defensive guy with him. I think its a safe bet that Demens is N now also. If we could somehow land Deion Walker and/or Dion Jordan this would be the most complete and talented class on the offensive side of the ball with some great defensive guys.

I was sitting at work this moirning and wondering man.....why are we nailing so many good recruits so early? Especially on offense. Then it hit me. I think BC and staff have them sold on the fact that they could all come into the program together and be a part of something special. They all have the chance to play 4 solid years together. That is something that the great colleges nowadays strive to do. Let your kids gel and become one. First it started with the recruiting of three great OL. Then our blue chip QB and now our STUD RB, not too mention the speedster WR we just nabbed out of Ohio. Then we step over to the other side of the ball. Our Defense. It is so nice to see that the Huskers now have the time and patience to recruit kids for certain areas instead of in the past when it seemed like we just "needed bodies". I truly believe this program will be a national power house once again! When the hell was the last time that the Huskers plucked blue chippers out of Ohio or Michigan??!!! I mean if these 17 year old kids that are committing from all around the country believe , then I think our fans should believe it too! :bonez

Im hoping your right there, cuz Mandel brought up a point in an article that callahan got all these recruits because "our offense was bad, and he could garuntee quick playing time"

Im not really believing that, but im not throwing it out the window as a possibility. Hope its not true.

Every single program tells the kid he has a chance play as a freshman, if that is what he wants to hear.

You think SC playing 28 freshman during the year is because they want to or need to. It is keeping your word.

I have no problems with being told that. I joined the Marine Corps and was told I could be promoted out of bootcamp if I did a great job.

When you take a job, they tell you you have the opportunity to move up the ladder.

It is all the same.

Im hoping your right there, cuz Mandel brought up a point in an article that callahan got all these recruits because "our offense was bad, and he could garuntee quick playing time"

Im not really believing that, but im not throwing it out the window as a possibility. Hope its not true.

Four years ago he could have said that, and it was true, because the offensive guys were meant to run the option, so of course anyone coming in could play right away. But now, he can't really say that. We have a lot of good, solid qb's in our system, and yet one of the best qb's in the country is coming here to play. He's not just going to be handed the job. He has to earn it, and that's how it is with the rest of the positions. Since Callahan has been recruiting for 4 years, his players are finally here all over the place. There is only a couple holdovers from the previous staff now, and players want to come here and learn from these guys. This offense especially. It sets up for what the majority of NFL teams run. And if you already have a grasp on it, it only can help you at the next level. While Marlon Lucky came here, with plenty of expectations, he didn't do too well right away. Some people say it's because he wasn't ready. I think it could have been that, but it's not like he had the line that Gray will have over the next few years. Now that these type of guys are joining the program, everyone wants to be involved. It's just a great time right now. GBR

I think BC tells them they can start if their good enough. I don't think he makes promises.

Four years ago he could have said that, and it was true, because the offensive guys were meant to run the option, so of course anyone coming in could play right away. But now, he can't really say that. We have a lot of good, solid qb's in our system, and yet one of the best qb's in the country is coming here to play. He's not just going to be handed the job. He has to earn it, and that's how it is with the rest of the positions. Since Callahan has been recruiting for 4 years, his players are finally here all over the place. There is only a couple holdovers from the previous staff now, and players want to come here and learn from these guys. This offense especially. It sets up for what the majority of NFL teams run. And if you already have a grasp on it, it only can help you at the next level. While Marlon Lucky came here, with plenty of expectations, he didn't do too well right away. Some people say it's because he wasn't ready. I think it could have been that, but it's not like he had the line that Gray will have over the next few years. Now that these type of guys are joining the program, everyone wants to be involved. It's just a great time right now. GBR

My Point. Im hoping that callahan brought all these good players here by saying something other than that. cuz if that was his only way of recruiting these guys, im worried..

I'm thinking that Callahan had the changes at Memorial Staduim (Weight Room, New Lockers Etc...) and Nebraska's momentum and fan base to add fuel to the fire. I could imagine Callahan explaining that they can be a part of something special. It's probably a stretch, but I can seriously see Callahan with a National Championship ring on his finger. SOON.

Nebraska REBUILT itself with the West Coast Offense. Now, it's reloading and putting all the pieces in place.

This year and the following ones are going to be awesome!

What i am hearing more than anything is that we have something special here.

The recruits are saying that they want to win a natl title here more than anything and they think they have the class to do it.

They are also commenting about our pro style offense and also a coach that has been to the superbowl. They are sold on the fact that Calli's style of play will get them to the pros.

Its not a guarantee of playing time getting these kids. Its more of a domino effect and right now we are getting recruits attention from every corner.

It is only going to get better every year IMO as this class is filling up really early so that makes some of the guys that would hold off and procrastinate about a decision make their minds up.

It is a very exciting time for these verbal recruits. Its also an exciting time to be a Husker fan.

What i am hearing more than anything is that we have something special here.

The recruits are saying that they want to win a natl title here more than anything and they think they have the class to do it.

They are also commenting about our pro style offense and also a coach that has been to the superbowl. They are sold on the fact that Calli's style of play will get them to the pros.

Its not a guarantee of playing time getting these kids. Its more of a domino effect and right now we are getting recruits attention from every corner.

It is only going to get better every year IMO as this class is filling up really early so that makes some of the guys that would hold off and procrastinate about a decision make their minds up.

It is a very exciting time for these verbal recruits. Its also an exciting time to be a Husker fan.

:clap Amen! :restore

I think one of the most important things besides the obvious of having such a great class so early is that now we can shift SOME of our attention to next years class. I think I remember Texas saying two or three years ago that bc they had such a good class they were able to focus on the next year. I think it is just starting a domino affect now. This is four very good classes in a row with this years being the best, sooner or later we are going to have talent upon talent that fits the system.

I think one of the most important things besides the obvious of having such a great class so early is that now we can shift SOME of our attention to next years class. I think I remember Texas saying two or three years ago that bc they had such a good class they were able to focus on the next year. I think it is just starting a domino affect now. This is four very good classes in a row with this years being the best, sooner or later we are going to have talent upon talent that fits the system.

:yeah The positions are filled with Callahan's "guys." His type of players, that fit his system. And that's why these recruits want to come here. They see an offense that had so-so talent the past few years improve all the time, and now that most of the 2-deep are Callahan's guys, they see the potential of themselves, and realize, wow with those guys, who were lacking the skills I have, the team didn't do too bad, which makes them think that they could do even better. It's just a really exciting time to be apart of Husker Nation right now!