when will they quit

The fact that it's taking probably longer than most expected to turn this thing around will probably make it easier for most of us to fully accept this WCO fad (Although I used to wonder if it wasn't too 15 min. ago to be effective)..I now see it continually evolving..and maybe becoming a little unique.

For me..If Callahan won the MNC in his 1st couple of years, It wouldn't have been "Special" enough.

The thing I took the most pride in was the way we won.

Smash mouth Defense and Offense.

Walk-ons from all over the nation (Remember I.M. Hipp?)

Turning 2*-4* athletes into National Champions

A pretty good chance nobody else ran your Offense.

I like/love the balance now..Just that I'm trying to adjust my expectations that we won't be as consistent as we were used to with a primarily running offense..Now, If just the QB has an off day....4-5 picks can lose ANY game.

Before..The O-line could carry the team. And you almost always had the confidence that you would wear the other team down by the 4th Quarter.

Some people just can't figure out that Frankie wasn't getting it done on that end of things & we needed a change. No matter how successful we will be, they will generate excuses & bitch & moan about it. It won't be "The Nebraska Way" whatever the f*ck that is.....

That's part of the problem, I'm always hearing how great we "will be". The current administration just sells the future now, and sheep people like you eat it up. Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for the current coach to prove he is better than the guy he replaced, and that hasn't happened yet.

i'm just sick of hearing dumbasses like **** herbstreet, off-the-mark may, and assburger talk about 'well, folks! that used to be Nebraska football, there!!" after every ten yard run up the middle.

i'm not trying to invoke the past vs. present or anything, just a 'hell yeah' from NU fans about the lame ass reporting on our new regime.

None of us will forget our past, but the media will quit talking about the past when we give them something new to talk about.

We had that opportunity twice last year when we statistically dominated Texas and Auburn, but all the talking heads see is the final score. Only a real fan of the sport knows we had those games won. Win those and the conversation about our program changes. I hope this is the year.

Before..The O-line could carry the team. And you almost always had the confidence that you would wear the other team down by the 4th Quarter.

IMO our offensive line is starting to get that pipeline feel and if we keep cranking out pro recruits it wont be very long before our line will do ALOT more for winning games then just keeping our heads above water.

Well, here is my take on it:

People will NEVER stop talking about the past. And I for one hope they don't. I laugh my a** off every time I hear the frustrated underlings saying that crap. After all they are flat out scared. Mushburger and moron boy are just hating the fact that Nebraska was the team of the 90's? Infact they were the greatest team EVER. What was their record..... ah..... 60-3 NICE!!!!!!!!!!!! That will NEVER happen again, so.... Maybe the after taste of crow is getting stale. I for one love the fact that they have never let it go and still have a little bitterness about the fact that Nebraska is either LOVED or HATED and no in betweens. Unfortunately or fortunately (however you look at it) they were on the wrong side of the AS* WHOOPINS.

As far as the team and their direction... Hell yea keep it up. Anybody that doesn't see the improvement with Coaching and Recruiting is either in denial, completely stupid, or are in the dark more than OK durring the fumblerooski. (at least I think it was OK)

:clap:clap:clap:clap

GBR

Or 4 years ago..

Yes this team is not even remotely comparable to what it was and where it was 4 years ago.

2003--- 10-3

2006--- 9-5

Not comparable at all :sarcasm . What is going to end this talk is actually living up to the standards set in the past, not talking about how great we WILL be once all the stars align themselves and we get all the pieces to the puzzle and the breaks, etc.

Or 4 years ago..

Yes this team is not even remotely comparable to what it was and where it was 4 years ago.

2003--- 10-3

2006--- 9-5

Not comparable at all :sarcasm . What is going to end this talk is actually living up to the standards set in the past, not talking about how great we WILL be once all the stars align themselves and we get all the pieces to the puzzle and the breaks, etc.

I think until BC stops improving year over year we should just calm the F**K down. Its not his fault FS got fired, or the record FS had when it happened. He just took a job at a great University and is implementing his style of football. Until he flat lines or goes backward, we need to be patient.

i understand that Nebraska football stood for something unique in and of itself for better than 30 years. however, i wonder when they (media, pundits, assburger, etc..) quit talking about the 'regime change', the 'old style of NU football' the total makeover....

Probably when Husker fans stop.....how many videos on Tommie Frazier??!?!?! :bonez