Texas-Nebraska game

Ok, so maybe I don't have that much faith in the Huskers. I think the Huskers do not play well on the road, and also Texas has a very strong team. I would be surprised if we could pull out a victory down in Austin. And to the poster who thinks that just because we beat A&M on the road last year means we can beat Texas on the road this year, you have to look at a few factors. First of all A&M was only ranked 24th at the time. They are not as good of a team as Texas is going to be this year. Yes A&M did beat Texas last year but that was during UT's late season meltdown and I think that was pretty flukey. I'm not taking anything away from the victory at A&M last year, but the drive at the end of the game was also very unlikely to turn out the way it did. They were lucky to even get the ball back with enough time on the clock. Then the roughing the passer also helped us out a lot.

Texas is not going to be afraid of NU. It's at Texas and we all know that NU is not very good on the road. Don't get me wrong I am hoping for a victory, I am a dedicated fan. I'm just not a true believer who always pumps sunshine and never criticizes the coaching staff. I take a very realistic approach to every game the huskers play. And to anyone being realistic, the chances of the Huskers winning at Texas is less than 50%. They are more likely to lose there and that is just the truth.

Yes we could be improved this year. But there are still a few question marks for this team. Will Sam Keller turn out to be as good as expected? How will the RB's hold up this year? How is our D-Line going to be with no returning starters? Is Zac Bowman going to be the same CB he was in 2005 even after not playing a down of football for 2 years?

I think it will be a lot easier to analyze this game the week before it when those questions have been answered. Also we have to see how good Texas is this year before we start jumping to conclusions. But as of now, with the info we have, is that Texas is a more talented team. I have no problem with optimism but you have to look at the facts.

so you think that because the game is in Austin, that will make the difference between W and L??

Well, we couldn't beat them in our house, so what makes you think we can win in Austin?

Keller can stretch the field

WR's are much improved

Returning O line

Thier secondary graduated

Our secondary will be much better

Returning LB's

They caught almost every "break" in that game and we still should have won.

so you think that because the game is in Austin, that will make the difference between W and L??

Well, we couldn't beat them in our house, so what makes you think we can win in Austin?

Yea, we should probably just stay home then.

Anyway, the keys will be ball control and turnovers. Pretty common threads in any game really.

Keep the ball out of the opponents hands. It's even more important when you have a high-powered offense that Texas typically has.

On defense, don't give up anything big. Keep everything in front of you.

The quarterback can't stretch the field by himself. We need a TE threat.

As far as what the overall offensive theme will be that day, it depends on how the offensive line is performing primarily. In pass protection and run-blocking. NU has to be able to run the ball for at least 4-5 yards a carry.

Secondary to that, can the WR's get off of coverage? NU has struggled with that when coming up against bigger more physical DB's. For example, Auburn.

The quarterback can't stretch the field by himself. We need a TE threat.

As far as what the overall offensive theme will be that day, it depends on how the offensive line is performing primarily. In pass protection and run-blocking. NU has to be able to run the ball for at least 4-5 yards a carry.

Secondary to that, can the WR's get off of coverage? NU has struggled with that when coming up against bigger more physical DB's. For example, Auburn.

:yeah

I have no problem with optimism but you have to look at the facts.

Fact is, who is to say UT won't have another melt down about the time NU or some other team before that takes Colt outa the game? Both teams will be stronger contingent upon how injury free they stay. It works both ways.

Anyone seen Colt Mccoy lately. He has gotten big. Not fat but bulked up muscle.

I think that will be one hell of a game .

Hate to admit it but I think that home field gives them the edge.

Good point.

Key to victory? Umm...I'll reserve judgement until after our 1st road game, Wake Forest. NU really needs to start proving they can play well on the road, a task that in this day in college football, is never easy.