Moody transferring from USC

Here's some news from USC, courtesy of the L.A. Times

Tailback Emmanuel Moody, USC's second-leading rusher last season, will transfer to another school, several sources said Wednesday.

Moody is one of three USC tailbacks who appear on the regional cover of Sports Illustrated's college football preview edition. But amid continuing speculation that a 10-deep position group would cause one or more tailbacks to transfer, the sophomore from Texas was a no-show at practice and at evening team meetings.

Coach Pete Carroll declined to comment.

Moody could not be reached for comment, but he said last week that he "felt forgotten" coming into training camp because of an ankle injury that forced him to sit out the Trojans' last four games and a hamstring injury that caused him to sit out nearly all of spring practice.

Moody had looked good in the first week, but he suffered a knee bruise in Sunday's scrimmage at the Coliseum and did not practice Monday or Tuesday.

Moody did not attend Wednesday morning's walkthrough. Afterward, when most players retire to the dorms to nap, Moody walked the campus talking on his cellphone.

After the Trojans began practice, Moody walked toward the dorm in a T-shirt and shorts. Asked if he was off to see a doctor, Moody said he was going to fill out paperwork and would have more tests on his knee.

USC's tailback depth might have taken another hit on Wednesday.

Freshman Joe McKnight sprained his knee trying to block and retired to the trainers' table for most of practice. McKnight said he would be out the rest of the week.

"I'll be OK," said McKnight, who was fitted with a brace.

Freshman Marc Tyler, who broke his leg last season, is not practicing and sixth-year senior Hershel Dennis has been held out because of knee soreness.

I think you'll see this happening more and more. You can't have the best recruiting classes for four or five years running and not have too many stars wanting to get their statsAll of those players were probably told by SC coaches that they would make immediate impacts in the program, but they all can't.

I would hope that we pick him up to play behind Toston next year.

By the way, I'm a OSU fan BUT I cheer on Nebraska every year and can honestly say NU faithful are some of the best fans in the country. The maturity and respect you guys show to us and others is amazing. Thanks for being so cool. I've had the opportunity to hang out with a few of you in Stillwater last year.

Good luck this year. And don't kill us in Lincoln, although we're probably going to bring a big load with us.

-P

By the way, I'm a OSU fan BUT I cheer on Nebraska every year and can honestly say NU faithful are some of the best fans in the country. The maturity and respect you guys show to us and others is amazing. Thanks for being so cool. I've had the opportunity to hang out with a few of you in Stillwater last year.

Good luck this year. And don't kill us in Lincoln, although we're probably going to bring a big load with us.

-P

OSU as in OSwho?? Cowboys or Buckeyes?

-P

OSU as in OSwho?? Cowboys or Buckeyes?

The Boys from Stillwater.

-P

Thanks dude, it will be a good game this year. I'm looking forward to it.

-P

Thanks for the kind words bro and welcome to Huskerboard.com. :thumbs

I think the ship just sprung a leak. With that many blue chippers competing, it was only a matter of time before disatisfaction set in. The question is weather this is just a one time defection or it will open the door for others who may want to leave as well.

A leak, just like when Leon Jackson or Harrison Beck transferred? I don't think so...transfers inevitably happen, but a school like USC, with the way they've been playing, coaching, and recruiting, won't feel a thing. They'll just roll right along.

I think the ship just sprung a leak. With that many blue chippers competing, it was only a matter of time before disatisfaction set in. The question is weather this is just a one time defection or it will open the door for others who may want to leave as well.

A leak, just like when Leon Jackson or Harrison Beck transferred? I don't think so...transfers inevitably happen, but a school like USC, with the way they've been playing, coaching, and recruiting, won't feel a thing. They'll just roll right along.

Yep, it's not like they'll have a problem finding somebody else!

I'll grant the fact that its just one transfer. But there is a difference between him and Beck or Jackson transferring. Beck and Jackson never saw the field that much, Moody was thier 2nd leading rusher and missed the last four games due to injury. The guy averages 6 yards a carry. This was one of thier quality players. Granted, they have 8 RB's in the wings, but this guy carried a load to be sure.

Moody was an elusive type back...he was their best rusher against us last year. I'm surprised he is leaving. Sure they have other RB's but I liked the way Moody could slip tacklers. We'll likely see C.J. Gable who looks stronger and better everytime I see him. I am not a big fan of Chauncey Washington who we will also likely see (we saw him last year). He is a steady veteran but not as electrifying as some of their other backs. Our defense better be ready to take down whatever backs they bring.

:bonez