My open letter to Mark May

This is (hopefully) the last time I'll talk about Mark May. I reserve the right to do so again if he infuriates me into action.

Thanks, Mark. Thanks a lot. I woke up today with a spring in my step, looking forward to the start of the college football season, which actually kicks off tonight with a number of games, highlighted by LSU's opening tilt against Mississippi State, along with a slew of other games featuring Louisville, Rutgers, and even Turner Gill's Buffalo team. But you ruined that. You took my fabulous morning and kicked it right in the teeth. And how did you do that? How did your douchebaggery and outright hatred for Nebraska (or worship of USC?) ruin that? Because when I hopped on Huskerboard today, I find that you went and opened your way-too-large mouth (honed by years of kissing Pete Carroll's ass) and said "I won't say USC will put 70 on them, but I will say remember that Texas Tech game a few years ago.."

What did the Huskers do to you, Mark? Did Dave Rimington sleep with your girlfriend? Was it because we beat your beloved alma mater, Shitsburgh, er, Pittsburgh, two years in a row (when we pretty much sucked)? Or is it merely because you are the most biased college football media member in the country? I dont know where your mouth and USC's ass begins. How do people take you seriously Mark? How are you still employed at the "Worldwide Leader in Sports"? Oh wait, I forgot that they hate Nebraska too. And bias among their "journalists" has never stopped them from keeping them on the payroll. This is the same network that let Kirk Herbsreit cheer on his Buckeyes in the 2002 NC game, then let him do the postgame show with a hoarse voice. It's owned by ABC, the same network that let Bob Griese announce his own son's games in 1997 when they were neck-and-neck with the Huskers throughout the season.

What maybe pisses me off the most Mark, is the dilemma you are putting me in. See, as a Husker fan, I've been raised to be as classy and courteous as possible. When your a Nebraska fan, you give the opposing team a standing ovation, no matter what the score, for their effort. You buy an opposing fan a beer and congratulate their team on a game well played. You turn the other cheek when some drunk a-hole yells at you that your Huskers suck. And the more I hear that sh#t come out of your mouth, the more anti-Nebraska propaganda you spew, the harder it is for me to be the good Husker fan I was raised to be. And that sucks Mark, it really does. Because I don't want to be an a-hole like a CU fan. I don't want to have to write stuff like this. But I've never encountered someone who seems so intent on bashing one single team like you seem to with the Nebraska Cornhuskers. What you have to take into account is that unlike some of the older Nebraska fans, my generation's generosity goes only so far. We'll only take so much abuse and bias against our team. And you are getting really close to crossing the line from being a mere annoyance to an outright a-hole who loses all credibility.

if you send it to him, you might want to write it out in crayon so he will be able to understand it

i am so sick of this guy he is such a big looser i can't stand to look @ him.. If gameday does come to lincoln please some one make a boat load of signs mocking him.

I second that motion!!! Just make a bunch of signs about known facts....you know:

Corso is a Cry Baby!

Mark GAY....(pretty simple)

ESPN = USC C*ck Suckers!

What can you think of??? :hmmph

if you send it to him, you might want to write it out in crayon so he will be able to understand it

i am so sick of this guy he is such a big looser i can't stand to look @ him.. If gameday does come to lincoln please some one make a boat load of signs mocking him.

I second that motion!!! Just make a bunch of signs about known facts....you know:

Corso is a Cry Baby!

Mark GAY....(pretty simple)

ESPN = USC C*ck Suckers!

What can you think of??? :hmmph

i'm out here in new york i can't make it so some one step up please and ruin the Game Day set with some Mark Gay Donkey Face signs

Regardless of what people may think of ESPN and the various personalities, I hope that if Game Day does come to Lincoln for the USC game that our reputation as the best fans in the country continues. Hopefully there aren't idiots dressed in red on TV making us look bad to the whole country.

Mark May isn't on the Gameday crew, is he? We wouldn't want to look like idiots making signs to mock a guy who isn't there.

No it wouldn't if we by chance secure a victory perhaps in the final minutes, and try to get it shown on national television. He likely would see it. But you should mock him in a creative, witty way without calling him names.