Satisified or unsatisified.

HSKRNOKC

I was extremely satisfied with our team. We did make some mistakes (dropped passes, delay of games, and a few other first game mistakes). However, we put up a ton of yards and points against a decent opponent. They did go to a bowl last year and might make it back this year. There are obviously things that need to work on and I image that our play calling will get a little more advanced against some tougher opponents but 600+ yards and 400+ rushing is impressive no matter who you are playing.

my prediction was 56-13 so no, i thought we'd blow them out.

but i thought we'd have bigger plays, like long bombs and defensive TDs, so my yardage prediction was low.

i knew we'd kill them. lucky looked a little hesitant at first, then ran with authority. castille was great. keller was rusty, which is expected. the d dominated a weaker opponent. all things i expected and was really happy they actually happened.

the only thing that exceeded my expectations were the special teams, i thought they were awesome.

I understand that a team has to do what works, but ultimately there needs to be more balance between the running game and passing game. Best way to work on that balance is against a lessor opponent. Let Keller work off the rust in a game they can win even with some errors. In that regard, the game against Nevada was something of a missed opportunity.

I thought we would win but did not expect it to be that lopsided. I did not expect ML to rush for 300 yards (counting the called back TD run). I did not expect the OL to move the line of scrimmage downhill like they did. I knew we had good people but I was mostly concerned about them playing together as a team. I think they did well. I knew Keller has great skill set but I wasn't sure how quickly he would be able to get plugged into the system and lead the team. I was a little concerned in the first quarter but he looked good as the game moved along. All in all I thought the team looked better than expected. I hope it wasn't mostly due to Nevada imploding.

Although there were dropped passes and Keller made one (maybe a couple) throwing mistakes, overall the offense ran very, very smoothly. How many "misdirections" and "broken plays" have we seen over the last few years? We'd have a 3rd and short and then the snap would go awry, or the running back would go the wrong way, or something like that. Saturday we didn't see any of that. In fact, after that one delay of game, did we have any offensive penalties at all?! Oh yeah, that bogus O-Interference call. Wha was that?!

Kunalic is my new favorite player. Holy crap. I forgot that he was kicking from the 30, too.... that's just professional level kicking right there! And a 46-yard field goal... I don't think Callahan would have let anyone even try that last year.

Defense didn't get to the quarterback as often as I would have liked, but I think they'll work out some blitzing packages for USC that will surprise everyone. Ocatavien stunts... fades back... Grixby off the corner... BAM! Down goes BOOTY!

Am I getting carried away?!

Pretty hard to argue with 52-10 victory.

It was pretty simple, the coaches a weakness, exploited it, and stayed on it. Funny, but a lot of people here complain that the staff will not do that and will pass when they should run and run when they should pass... Yet it happened......UNR could not stop the run, so they ran..... Wierd....