Is Terrence Nunn the most frustrating player on the team?

jrggvlynr

Does anyone else think Terrence Nunn is overrated. I know he has the stats, but he's played since he was a freshman. That's the first receiver to have 4 years in the Callahan era, of course he'll some receiving records. First off, he doesn't have great hands. That was a huge drop against Nevada. Nice pass, splitting receivers, should have been 6. Second, he doesn't know how to run and carry a football. Besides his big time, game changing fumbles (Missouri, Texas, etc.) it looks he is going to fumble every time he as the ball. Somebody show him how to tuck the ball or carry it with two hands. Something, anything. Third, he doesn't seem to be very knowledgeable about the game of football. Constant mental mistakes and bad decisions. The call fair catch and run anyway penalty was perfect example, just plain stupid. He had 4 or 5 bad decisions in Nevada game, it just never fails to amaze me. A positive would be his routes. He runs nice routes. He's 6' -185 so he's big body-ish, but still not dominating. So if he can run a nice route, he can get open. Again, however, his pushoff on the 2-yard line, which resulted in a pass interference, was a bad route and just plain stupid. I just feel much more comfortable with Swift, Peterson, Purify... (I won't even mention Hardy.)

Nunn has benefited from playing in a passing offense for 3 years, similar to Taylor setting a bunch off passing records.

I don't think Nunn is overrated. I think he is an underachiever. He came in with all this hype and hasn't performed to the level we had hoped. I think underachiever is better. The coaches should take some responsibility on this b/c there are a few other receivers who lack concentration so it might be an epidemic.

I don't rate him very high at all.

Nunn has benefited from playing in a passing offense for 3 years, similar to Taylor setting a bunch off passing records.

I don't think Nunn is overrated. I think he is an underachiever. He came in with all this hype and hasn't performed to the level we had hoped. I think underachiever is better. The coaches should take some responsibility on this b/c there are a few other receivers who lack concentration so it might be an epidemic.

I don't rate him very high at all.

I think underachiever is a better way to look at it as well. Not that I'm disagreeing with the original poster. Nunn is the type of player that can be very productive despite being an average size wr with decent speed. He just makes those tiny mistakes that let you down and make you mad. One thing I liked from Keller was his nice tight spiral on the deep ball. It couldn't have been layed in there any better for Nunn, but he did one of his boneheaded mistakes and bobbled it in his chest. That shows me Keller is a big time quarterback that can make his receivers better, but both guys have to do their part and Nunn didn't. Nunn will be fine though. He can get in the open and make plays. Having Purify back will make it easier on us.

When 3 receivers are dropping passes there is an issue. Yes it's the receivers fault but there concentration needs to improve. 3 receivers makes it an issue.

Similar to if you have an offensive line always jumping offsides. If it is multiple people and happens often then coaching is part of it. It means they didn't have them concentrating enough in practice.

Does anyone else think Terrence Nunn is overrated. I know he has the stats, but he's played since he was a freshman. That's the first receiver to have 4 years in the Callahan era, of course he'll some receiving records. First off, he doesn't have great hands. That was a huge drop against Nevada. Nice pass, splitting receivers, should have been 6. Second, he doesn't know how to run and carry a football. Besides his big time, game changing fumbles (Missouri, Texas, etc.) it looks he is going to fumble every time he as the ball. Somebody show him how to tuck the ball or carry it with two hands. Something, anything. Third, he doesn't seem to be very knowledgeable about the game of football. Constant mental mistakes and bad decisions. The call fair catch and run anyway penalty was perfect example, just plain stupid. He had 4 or 5 bad decisions in Nevada game, it just never fails to amaze me. A positive would be his routes. He runs nice routes. He's 6' -185 so he's big body-ish, but still not dominating. So if he can run a nice route, he can get open. Again, however, his pushoff on the 2-yard line, which resulted in a pass interference, was a bad route and just plain stupid. I just feel much more comfortable with Swift, Peterson, Purify... (I won't even mention Hardy.)

Couldn't agree more! See my thread (You have to agree with me)

I think Nunn was intentionally dropping the ball so SC will think we can't hold on and will focus solely on the run. Then we will kill them with completed passes. Also, I think Nunn will catch a punt and just stand there and look around as if he called fair catch. Then, while the SC players are all standing around he will run down the field for an uncontested touchdown. BRILLIANT!

Hey all, I usually don't harp on spelling, after all this is a message board. However, can we start spelling ridiculous correctly? It's getting a little rediculous. You're making it hard to control my OCD.

Maybe sometime soon Niles Paul will get a chance to step up.

I think Nunn was intentionally dropping the ball so SC will think we can't hold on and will focus solely on the run. Then we will kill them with completed passes. Also, I think Nunn will catch a punt and just stand there and look around as if he called fair catch. Then, while the SC players are all standing around he will run down the field for an uncontested touchdown. BRILLIANT!

Hey all, I usually don't harp on spelling, after all this is a message board. However, can we start spelling ridiculous correctly? It's getting a little rediculous. You're making it hard to control my OCD.

:rollin

SC didn't need to look at this game film for evidence of Nunn's catching ability, they could have picked any game that he has played in!

I agree that he is underachieving, but he still regarded as one of our go-to-guys. That's why I think he is overrated. Its tough to blame coaches for dropped balls. Receiving drills, repetition, reminding them to look the ball into their hands... that's about all a coach can do with a receiver dropping balls. Its up to the receiver to make the catch. Plus, this isn't high-school ball... I think practice time is better suited towards learning routes, recognizing coverages, timing, etc.. I'm sure every receiver catches at least 50 balls a day in practice, without specific catching drills.

With Nunn, I'm more worried about what he does after he catches the ball.. like, um.. Fumble!!

Plain and simple put Paul in the game. I've ranted about this for months. He'll catch passes that shouldn't be caught and drops the easy ones.

Were lucky some people stepped up in the past to cover his ass. Remember A&M last year? Dropped a pass on the final drive.

Maybe he's on the take? Anyone know if he's related to Donaghy? :dunno

Yes, I'm joking. I hope.