Completely ridiculous RB depth chart

Foppa

Has anyone seen this garbage?!? Depth chart released today...

IB:

5 MARLON LUCKY**, 6-0, 210, Jr., North Hollywood, Calif.

19 Quentin Castille, 6-1, 245, Fr., LaPorte, Texas

34 Cody Glenn*, 6-0, 230, Jr., Rusk, Texas

10 Roy Helu, 6-0, 210, Fr., Danville, Calif.

6 Major Culbert*, 6-0, 210, So., Harbor City, Calif.

I realize maybe you shouldn't read a lot into depth charts, but this makes absolutely no sense...anyone else know something I don't? Because Culbert should be no lower than third. :angry:

Which begs the question, can we please put him back on defense in the secondary? RB's go down all the time, but statistically what are the odds we lose 4 RB's this season? I'm guessing that either the freshmen have the blocking assignments down or neither does Culbert. Either way, I see him having more of an opportunity to play at DB than at RB. I just don't understand leaving him at RB and being 5th string.

Which begs the question, can we please put him back on defense in the secondary? RB's go down all the time, but statistically what are the odds we lose 4 RB's this season? I'm guessing that either the freshmen have the blocking assignments down or neither does Culbert. Either way, I see him having more of an opportunity to play at DB than at RB. I just don't understand leaving him at RB and being 5th string.

Did you even watch him play on Saturday?!? :rolleyes:

The point is, he is not 5th string...he is easily in the top 3.

I don't think it will be long and we will see him back on defense where he belongs. It sounds like the freshmen are picking up the system faster than expected. I think once the regular season starts we will see him move back over. Cally will keep him on offense untill then just for a safety line, but by the time conference play starts the freshmen will have enough game experience and practice to be somewhat dangerous.

I don't think it will be long and we will see him back on defense where he belongs. It sounds like the freshmen are picking up the system faster than expected. I think once the regular season starts we will see him move back over. Cally will keep him on offense untill then just for a safety line, but by the time conference play starts the freshmen will have enough game experience and practice to be somewhat dangerous.

Is this Huskerboard, or am I now in the f'ing Twilight Zone???

4oqpg6g.jpg

Has anyone seen this garbage?!? Depth chart released today...

IB:

5 MARLON LUCKY**, 6-0, 210, Jr., North Hollywood, Calif.

19 Quentin Castille, 6-1, 245, Fr., LaPorte, Texas

34 Cody Glenn*, 6-0, 230, Jr., Rusk, Texas

10 Roy Helu, 6-0, 210, Fr., Danville, Calif.

6 Major Culbert*, 6-0, 210, So., Harbor City, Calif.

I realize maybe you shouldn't read a lot into depth charts, but this makes absolutely no sense...anyone else know something I don't? Because Culbert should be no lower than third. :angry:

Guys, before we go off on the depth chart, I would guess that Callahan has his reasoning’s. Maybe he is holding off using Culbert until USC Game; you know we are going to need more speed than just M. Lucky during that game. Also, the less teams (i.e.: USC) see Culbert play, the more of an impact he can have during a game.

I may be full of sh**; just looking at the positive rather than the negative.

I would like to know how many of you are at practice everyday, how many of you have watched him every practice for the last year?

please quit questioning the coaches decisions, especially when it's something unimportent as this.

Callahan has said time and time again that the depth chart doesn't matter.

They'll do what's best, so just pipe down.

I would like to know how many of you are at practice everyday, how many of you have watched him every practice for the last year?

please quit questioning the coaches decisions, especially when it's something unimportent as this.

Callahan has said time and time again that the depth chart doesn't matter.

They'll do what's best, so just pipe down.

Sorry, but I won't 'pipe down.'

I had friends on both coasts comment on Culbert's TD run, 'both' saying they thought he looked like Reggie Bush. These two friends don't know each other. Coincidence? I'm not a coach, they're not coaches, but all three of us know good plays when we see it.

Westgatehusker, explain to me what you saw from Glenn and Helu that justifies them being above Culbert on the depth chart.

And oh yeah...RB's are not 'unimportent', or however you choose to misspell it.