Oklahoma In the National Championship

AR Husker Fan

Not splitting hairs here. You violated a specific board rule that we have many problems with. If we dont nip it, this place would be chaos.

There is a difference in saying someones opinion is weak and calling them a jerk.

BTW your so called Mother Teresa works his tail off to make this board function and doesnt get paid a dime so please show some respect.

Just please abide by the board rules and you can express any opinion you want.

Thanks

Guys , PLEASE back to subject because this is a worthy one.

Bradford has come out of know where and looked like a seasoned vet.

They already have the supporting cast to do this.

The thing that I have noticed about this is the fact that the ou coaches kept the fact that they had a very promising young qb somewhat under wraps.

Even the local media wasnt singing Bradfords praise before the season.

Congrats to them. If we dont win it, I hope another big 12 team does so that is about all the nice things I can think of. I have been talking crap about how the Frosh qb couldnt handle it. Man was I wrong.

Good luck to them. EXCEPT against us.

Not splitting hairs here. You violated a specific board rule that we have many problems with. If we dont nip it, this place would be chaos.

There is a difference in saying someones opinion is weak and calling them a jerk.

BTW your so called Mother Teresa works his tail off to make this board function and doesnt get paid a dime so please show some respect.

Just please abide by the board rules and you can express any opinion you want.

Thanks

Let me clarify: he has a deleted by mod for name calling.

I still say they haven't played a real opponent yet. Like I said (rather weakly, apparently) before, Miami is under a new head coach, coming off their worst season since I have been alive. They only beat Nevada by 1 point in the Boise Bowl last year. Oklahoma hasn't even been on the road yet. See how your golden boy frosh qb does when he's not in Norman, and then tell me they are legit NC contenders.

And btw I didn't call him a name again. I shouldn't have to PM the mods to get a password to go behind the dumbass woodshed to defend myself.

Pointing fingers ----> It's ARs fault <---- Finger pointing ;)

He said give credit were it's due, OU looks like a NC contender... and they do. I agree. Totally. And I didnt read into anything else in his post, like let's stop playing football and give the Sooners the crown today. As for anything can happen after two games into the season........ well, duh.

I said they haven't proven that much, especially relative to other teams that they will be playing this year. In order to be an NC contender, they will have to beat Texas, for example.

Texas started out slowly in week 1, but then they wailed on a really solid team in week 2. Bully to Oklahoma for beating up on one of last year's ACC bottom-dwellers, but until they take on a decent opponent I don't think it's right to be quaking in fear of them.

I said they haven't proven that much, especially relative to other teams that they will be playing this year. In order to be an NC contender, they will have to beat Texas, for example.

Texas started out slowly in week 1, but then they wailed on a really solid team in week 2. Bully to Oklahoma for beating up on one of last year's ACC bottom-dwellers, but until they take on a decent opponent I don't think it's right to be quaking in fear of them.

I do agree with you but you can get a feeling about a team after a couple games and I get that feeling about them.

You are also correct in the fact that their frosh qb could crash to earth hard at any time. Thats about the only thing that could derail them IMO.

You make some valid points.

I still say they haven't played a real opponent yet. Like I said (rather weakly, apparently) before, Miami is under a new head coach, coming off their worst season since I have been alive. They only beat Nevada by 1 point in the Boise Bowl last year. Oklahoma hasn't even been on the road yet. See how your golden boy frosh qb does when he's not in Norman, and then tell me they are legit NC contenders.

I'm coming into this conversation a little late (give me a delay of game penalty I guess) but I agree with this statement. OU has a very weak non-conference schedule and right now the B12 is looking weak as a whole. It sort of reminds of their 03 or 04 season where they went undefeated all year blowing away inferior opponents only to get blasted head long into the ground by K-State and Darren Sproles. They then pulled a Nebraska and wound up in the MNC against LSU where LSU man-handled em. OU has not been tested IMO. Miami has been their toughest non-conference team and they're not doing so hot this year.