Keller

One thing that caught my attention during the WF game was the throwing motion of Keller. It seems that he always threw off his back leg and, in general, his motion looked awkward. Wondering if anyone else observed the same.

In both games, he had thrown behind receivers on numerous occasions. Worried about his decision-making......I can see how he has been given a gun-slinger reputation. A couple of his throws during the WF game weren't good AT ALL. Then, he catches the TE in stride with a beautiful pass. Alot of inconsistency. He's seems pretty intense on the sidelines.....all those leadership skills one would expect from a QB, but I haven't noticed any particular skills that he possesses that deserves all the hype that he has been given. I know that he hasn't competed in a collegiate game for almost two years, but his performances in the past two games have been very average. I believe that eventually he will become comfortable with the offense, etc., but how games should this take?

What do others think?

Better than Taylor in his first two games, but that's to be expected. I think he's doing just OK to this point.

I've been thinking about SK and ZT... For ZT, he said the light didn't come on until the 5th game? Or was it K-state?

Anyway, I thinking maybe SK needs some more time to fully get the offense. Hopefully, the light will come on in the 1st QTR vs. USC.

Well I think it is really unfair to to judge him when he has several dropped balls. I would think it would be very frustrating and hard to get into a rhythm with receivers dropping balls for a first down or for a thirty yard gain or to set up second and short. I can think of several plays that has happened. That said I would love to see him check it down to lucky early in the game take what the defense gives him then as the game goes on hit them over the top when the safetys are cheating up. It still blows my mind that the coaches are playing Erickson and Hardy still. Now ok does Erickson catch the ball? yes he can catch a wide open three yard hitch play. You cant tell me that it wouldnt be more beneficial for the coaches to give holt, paul and brooks a package of 20-30 plays each and tell them to memorize them. Paul is more than likely a lot stronger than Erickson so if he is in there for blocking why not put paul in there? At least there is a threat to go deep and if you ever wanted to do a play action on 2nd and 2 or 3 you can have Paul going deep instead of Erickson. I kind of got off track but its just something that I have noooo idea what the coaches are thinking in that sense.

I'd give him a 6 out of 10 so far. He's got the physical size and strength, but too inconsistent. His throwing motion seems to be different, but he seems to be able to get the ball there. He seems to have a good presence on the field as well, glad he's on our team.

Was checking out a USC message board last night. A lot was about 'Same old Keller' from his days at ASU. Mostly talking about his inconsistency and folding under pressure. He did pick them apart in the first half in 05 before throwing the 5 int's. Some fans went on to say that ASU dumped him on purpose. I doubt that since he would have never been named the starter in the first place.

I questioned him on numerous issues.

But first off I have agreed he is a good kid. I had my concerns from things I heard about him. But he is here to do the job.

I can understand after watching him why they would take the younger QB over him. I do not think there is enough time in his life for him to be a 1st round pick. I never have. And as much as I hate to say it, never will.

I hope he can do an adequate job, we need that from him. But as Taylor, he is a stop gap situation. This offense will never operate like BC wants it to, until we have a QB that has come through the whole system.

Two years off of football is one thing, but two years off of top level college football is another.

I honestly look for Ganz to see the field after the SC game. I think Sam holds his job through the game, but due to his lack of speed, Ganz may see the field during the game. They will be coming for him no question, and with SC's speed they will get to him and regularly.

It's too soon to tell. Sam completed 58% of his passes against Wake, and would have been up around 70% if it wasn't for the dropped passes. Plus he was out of the game for a year and a half, he's also going to need another game or so to get back into his rhythm. Against Nevada we ran the ball three quarters of the time. Against Wake we ran the ball over twice as much as we passed.

By the time we get to conference play Keller will be fine.