Winning the North is not enough

CoachKevin

I thought the reason for a change of Coaching staff was to be able to compete on the National level and not fall in to Mediocracy. 4 Years later and now Husker fans are posting that the USC game doesn't matter because it isn't a Big 12 Game.

One poster said the Goal was to win the North and and "hopefully" finished ranked.

Hopefully? Since when does Nebraska just hope to be ranked? When did it become OK to not be Ranked?

USC is a HUGE Game for this Team and the direction of Nebraska Football.

#1 Team in the Nation doesn't come in to your Stadium every year. If you want to compete on the National level and be take seriously, you must be able compete with a USC. You must understand that these games are what seperates the Top programs from Mediocracy.

Conceding 6 days before a game is a great strategy for failure.

I thought the reason for a change of Coaching staff was to be able to compete on the National level and not fall in to Mediocracy. 4 Years later and now Husker fans are posting that the USC game doesn't matter because it isn't a Big 12 Game.

One poster said the Goal was to win the North and and "hopefully" finished ranked.

Hopefully? Since when does Nebraska just hope to be ranked? When did it become OK to not be Ranked?

#1 Team in the Nation doesn't come in to your Stadium every year. If you want to compete on the National level and be take seriously, you must be able compete with a USC. You must understand that these games are what seperates the Top programs from Mediocracy.

Dude, haven't you heard? Solich ran the program into the ground, and it's going to take Callahan many more years to fix it. We're making progress every year though.

roll.gif

Hmm, I sincerely hope what a few wacko fans on an internet forum think doesn't have an effect on the success or failure of the team. :ahhhhhhhh

BTW, I hope we win the Big XII North AND end up ranked, preferably in the top 20. That is something that hasn't happened for a long time and would at least be a step in the right direction. Anything beyond that would be icing on the cake. It would be great to see, I hope it happens and will cheer all the way but I certainly don't EXPECT it to happen. Too many years of conditioning I guess.

I think NU fans are wallowing in constant perfection.

good thought. If i had to pick in winning the Big 12, and beating USC, i would take big 12 though. but ONLY because beating usc and losing the big 12 (north) would look very bad for us, might as well take away the fact that we beat usc. So if we are going to beat USC, we better at least get to the Championship game or else i think the credibility will be lost.

thats probably what alot of these posts mean

This guy must be taking 1-2 posters and putting it as a whole. I've seen the majority of our posters who have complained about beating the defending ACC champs on the road, simply because we didn't do it soundly.

To me, it sounds like our expectations are raising, if anything.

REBOUNDING!!!

And Style points will still count

Hmm, I sincerely hope what a few wacko fans on an internet forum think doesn't have an effect on the success or failure of the team. :ahhhhhhhh

BTW, I hope we win the Big XII North AND end up ranked, preferably in the top 20. That is something that hasn't happened for a long time and would at least be a step in the right direction. Anything beyond that would be icing on the cake. It would be great to see, I hope it happens and will cheer all the way but I certainly don't EXPECT it to happen. Too many years of conditioning I guess.

i think, at worst, you will go 7-5 and a bowl this year. not a bad season for you