home field advantage

melscott62

I think home field plays an advantage in that the cheering can feed a players confidence when success is achieved (long drives for TDs, sacks on third down, etc), while it can also beat down on an opponent as things dont go right (i.e., three an outs, interceptions, fumbles). If plays arent made, it's not going to make a lot of difference.

Plus you get some of mom's home cooking, relax a little more, and can sleep in your own bed. :thumbs

This is exclusively night home games, but home field advantage definitely factors in

24: Home victories in night games for Nebraska since 1986 (the first night game at Memorial Stadium). That’s against two losses (Washington 1991, Texas 2002).

Journal Star

The Washington game was not a night game, that game was in the middle of the afternoon..... the '92 game @ UW was a night game.

The GROUND will be shaking underneath their feet and they will think they are still in Cali undergoing a Cat. 5 Earthquake!!!!!

That's tornado's, bud.

Actually that's a hurricane!!!! Category 5=Big f'ing hurricane.....................F5=Finger of god tornado................................10.0 on the richter scale=the gates of hell opening!!!!

I agree with Addison, the home field will amplify things in our favor and things they do wrong. If they run the ball with time consuming drives or we can't tackle then throw home field out the window. Home field will help in our offensive play calling without having a loud stadium. We struggled with the play clock early this season so a loud away would have hurt our offense. So we are probably getting help by not getting hurt.

This is exclusively night home games, but home field advantage definitely factors in

24: Home victories in night games for Nebraska since 1986 (the first night game at Memorial Stadium). That’s against two losses (Washington 1991, Texas 2002).

Journal Star

The Washington game was not a night game, that game was in the middle of the afternoon..... the '92 game @ UW was a night game.

Check again. I was at the 91 Washington game. It was a night game! Read...

Source: Associated Press

After opening their seasons with routs, No. 4 Washington and No. 9 Nebraska will have a chance to prove themselves against worthier opponents -- each other -- tonight[/u. The Huskies whipped Stanford 42-7 in their season opener two weeks ago, then took a week off to prepare for Nebraska. Tom Osborne's Cornhuskers (2-0) have overwhelmed Utah State (59-28) and Colorado State (71-14). ''Nebraska doesn't care where we're ranked. We

Journal Star

After opening their seasons with routs, No. 4 Washington and No. 9 Nebraska will have a chance to prove themselves against worthier opponents -- each other -- tonight[/u. The Huskies whipped Stanford 42-7 in their season opener two weeks ago, then took a week off to prepare for Nebraska. Tom Osborne's Cornhuskers (2-0) have overwhelmed Utah State (59-28) and Colorado State (71-14). ''Nebraska doesn't care where we're ranked. We

has anyone heard that the usc alumni was trying to get the city of lincoln to allow their pep band to parade through like the nebraska band does...thats an outrage and on their message boards they are saying they are goining to have 15,000+ fans in the stadium

I agree with Addison, the home field will amplify things in our favor and things they do wrong. If they run the ball with time consuming drives or we can't tackle then throw home field out the window. Home field will help in our offensive play calling without having a loud stadium. We struggled with the play clock early this season so a loud away would have hurt our offense. So we are probably getting help by not getting hurt.

I think it is much more than crown noise. most teams flat out play better at home no matter how many fans there are. but to me thats what makes memorial stadium such a big advantage. it is super loud

I think it is much more than crown noise. most teams flat out play better at home no matter how many fans there are. but to me thats what makes memorial stadium such a big advantage. it is super loud

I agree...............most teams play really good at home regardless for obvious reasons.

Journal Star

I didn't look at a press clipping to see what time the game was played.

I was there, and I thought that it was very hot that game... with the sun beating down all day (or was it night? <_< ).

Besides, it was the pain of the loss that I remember the most. And that loss stung (even though UW was the better team)...

Journal Star

The Washington game in 91 was a night game. I was there and it was my first ever Husker game. I was only 10 years old or so. I remember I was in the south endzone about 90 rows up. MEMORIES I TELL YA!! It was also shown on ESPN.