Nice Defensive scheme Coz....

It's not the front 4's fault. Last year, the front four stunk of Solich. This year with our new and improved BC recruits, we are tons better. It's because of the stinky Solich Linebackers. The front 4 rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me Suh not hungry this game or the last or the one before that.

You must be a student! There is NO EXCUSE for this! Medicrity is acceptable with the student body anymore!?I went to a pot smoking liberal arts and science school in central Oregon and I am way more of a Husker fan than any of you students at NU will ever be! My grandfather was a 38 grad , my mother is a 71 grad and my aunt was Osbornes personal secratary from 73 to 83 , but quite because of the nutty religion she found known as the Jahovahs Witnesses! Damn right i'm angry! :madash

Coz has turned our once proud Blackshirts into the Black Skirts now. After Callahan goes through his scripted plays he seems to go into his regular shell. One of the things that made T.O so good was the way he could adjust. This coaching group just doen't seem to have the ability to adjust at all. I never see Callahan let Keller change plays at the line of scrimmage, I think he should have that option. Oh well on to Ball St. chuckleshuffle

Some of these guys need to learn the difference between game plan and execution. The game plan was fine, the actual execution was the downfall of this defense.

I can go down a list of players, that includes Suh even , that played terribly. The plays were there to be made, they just simply did not make them. How many plays did you see where contact was first made in the backfield, only to have them turn into gains for USC? TOO MANY! How many plays did you see where USC just ran thru arm tackle after arm tackle? TOO MANY!

Lets face it guys, the guys making these mistakes are mostly upperclassmen as well. If you believe Coach Cos needs to take time to teach these boys fundamentals of tackling they should have learned in HS, then you are getting it confused what a DC really does.

The fact of it is, changes need to be made. It isn't with the defensive coaching staff either, it is with guys that are starters. Guys like McKeon first and foremost. Ruud, Potter, Turner, Asante. Those are the guys that need to be challenged to hold onto their jobs. Having that starting job doesn't mean that just because you earned it over the summer, that you can keep it throughout the year regardless of how you play. If those guys continue to play like they have the last two weeks, then by all means play guys like Dillard, Lance, Thenarse, Allen, Sievers, etc.,

Some of these guys need to learn the difference between game plan and execution. The game plan was fine, the actual execution was the downfall of this defense.

I can go down a list of players, that includes Suh even , that played terribly. The plays were there to be made, they just simply did not make them. How many plays did you see where contact was first made in the backfield, only to have them turn into gains for USC? TOO MANY! How many plays did you see where USC just ran thru arm tackle after arm tackle? TOO MANY!

Lets face it guys, the guys making these mistakes are mostly upperclassmen as well. If you believe Coach Cos needs to take time to teach these boys fundamentals of tackling they should have learned in HS, then you are getting it confused what a DC really does.

The fact of it is, changes need to be made. It isn't with the defensive coaching staff either, it is with guys that are starters. Guys like McKeon first and foremost. Ruud, Potter, Turner, Asante. Those are the guys that need to be challenged to hold onto their jobs. Having that starting job doesn't mean that just because you earned it over the summer, that you can keep it throughout the year regardless of how you play. If those guys continue to play like they have the last two weeks, then by all means play guys like Dillard, Lance, Thenarse, Allen, Sievers, etc.,

True in a sense. The missed tackles and over pursuing killed us. But the adjustments werent there at all. Pelini was able to adjust but Cosgrove cant. He needs to GO!