No Blackshirt for Bowman!!!!!!!

From journalstar.com:

No Blackshirt for Bowman

Senior captain Zackary Bowman did not wear his Blackshirt to Tuesday's practice.

He made the move without telling any teammates or coaches.

"This is just something I decided to do on my own," Bowman said. "My attitude this week was in order for me to wear my Blackshirt, I have to play like one."

The decision came after Nebraska's 49-31 loss to No. 1 Southern Cal, a game in which the defense was gouged for 313 rushing yards.

"The game was pretty hard on me, and all the other players," Bowman said. "We felt like we didn't play to the caliber we can play to."

Also, Bowman is practing with a sore hamstring. He suffered the injury in Saturday's game.

Asked if he'd be ready for the Ball State game, Bowman replied: "That's a day to day decision."

In other injury news, Cody Glenn did not practice Tuesday. This time, it's a tweaked knee. Glenn said he's hopeful for the Ball State game.

That is a very respectable thing he's doing. Way to lead by example, maybe others will follow suit. I hope him and Glenn are ready for Saturday.

From journalstar.com:

No Blackshirt for Bowman

Senior captain Zackary Bowman did not wear his Blackshirt to Tuesday's practice.

He made the move without telling any teammates or coaches.

"This is just something I decided to do on my own," Bowman said. "My attitude this week was in order for me to wear my Blackshirt, I have to play like one."

The decision came after Nebraska's 49-31 loss to No. 1 Southern Cal, a game in which the defense was gouged for 313 rushing yards.

"The game was pretty hard on me, and all the other players," Bowman said. "We felt like we didn't play to the caliber we can play to."

Also, Bowman is practing with a sore hamstring. He suffered the injury in Saturday's game.

Asked if he'd be ready for the Ball State game, Bowman replied: "That's a day to day decision."

In other injury news, Cody Glenn did not practice Tuesday. This time, it's a tweaked knee. Glenn said he's hopeful for the Ball State game.

That is a very respectable thing he's doing. Way to lead by example, maybe others will follow suit. I hope him and Glenn are ready for Saturday.

I have a feeling that the other guys won't do what he has done................I hope him and Glenn get healthy as well.

Bowman is now my favorite Blackshirt without one. Its a bit dramatic, don't ya think? The player that is deserving of what he is giving up is being a true leader and no one else that is way behind him is following.

Hmm...

Says something, doesn't it?

I really hope the identity of this 'defense' shows up quick, otherwise, it could be a long season.

Thats pretty cool. If he is a leader, the other fellas will follow. If they dont, it's because they wont consider him their leader.

My reasoning is that, Bowman has not been on the field a lot with the rest of the group the past few years, right? You know, not battle tested over time. Throw in some of the guys that have a lot of pride in themselves (for whatever reason, i.e., "but I'm the pre-season all big 12 selection - I'm the leader"... whatever) and they leave him out by himself.

Just my opinion if they dont follow his lead, that's why I think that. Pride. And nothing else. And I would be disappointed if they didnt. It's pretty clear what he is saying.

What Bowman did is brilliant. They all need to do the same. They all need to be one & on the same page.

Peace-OUT!

Thats pretty cool. If he is a leader, the other fellas will follow. If they dont, it's because they wont consider him their leader.

My reasoning is that, Bowman has not been on the field a lot with the rest of the group the past few years, right? You know, not battle tested over time. Throw in some of the guys that have a lot of pride in themselves (for whatever reason, i.e., "but I'm the pre-season all big 12 selection - I'm the leader"... whatever) and they leave him out by himself.

Just my opinion if they dont follow his lead, that's why I think that. Pride. And nothing else. And I would be disappointed if they didnt. It's pretty clear what he is saying.

What Bowman did is brilliant. They all need to do the same. They all need to be one & on the same page.

Peace-OUT!

I dont agree ALL of them should take away their own blackshirts..octavien deserves to keep his if anyone does