No Blackshirt for Bowman!!!!!!!

Along with "It's fully my responsibility" from Callahan. What'd you expect? "Man, Cosgrove sucks, I'm going to throw him under the bus?"

Just don't say "he feels so bad" who cares? Also, the players have their positions up for grabs, good then I hope that no talent coordinator's job is gone also. He will say the players need to improve, work harder and they might lose their job.

I don't want him to embarrass or insult Coz publicly ever, but the "he feels so bad" is nonsense. Should we feel sorry for him??? It is a weak, pansy as$ statement. That is all I meant.

Back to the Point......BOWMAN is class and a leader. Now let's get 10 more on defense.

:yeah

Just because Callahan says something to the press, it doesn't mean he's saying it behind closed doors.

true, but his big sympathy speech about how Coz "feels so bad and is so down", sure wasn't necessary.

you know what i wanted to hear, was something like this? "well, Coz realizes we have a lot of work to do and he is going to review his schemes and the film and make sure our guys understand where they should be on the field and their individual responsibilities. as a defense we just have to get tougher and start gang tackling and having our players flow to the ball in a more aggressive manner."

that might be a line too, but it sure sounds better than saying he feels bad. this ain't high school boys!

I like this move on Bowman's part... sort of. I mean I respect Bowman a lot for doing it, however; doesn't this just reek of players deciding to coach themselves? I mean shouldn't this have been Cosgrove taking away blackshirts?

Does it not seem on some level that this is Bowman saying "I know better than you"? Cosgrove gave him the blackshirt, he took it away from himself.. solid gesture on his part, however I think this is more evidence that the players don't trust in cosgrove any longer (with good reason i believe).

I don't see it that way at all.

I think this was a very good message sent to the defense and respect for the coach. He is accepting blame and making an example for the rest of the defense. That is how a leader should act and I for one commend him for it. I also believe the rest of the defense will respect what he did and seriously reflect on what it means to wear a blackshirt. It's not a ring on your finger that was past down by someone else. You have to earn that with your on the feild play and mental toughness. The attitude was not there and the blackshirt was deminished a bit. All he is saying is we need to get the things back that constitute you wearing a blackshirt and I think it is better comming from him than the coach. Self Discipline is always better than Discipline. Way to go Zack!

:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

GBR

I like this move on Bowman's part... sort of. I mean I respect Bowman a lot for doing it, however; doesn't this just reek of players deciding to coach themselves? I mean shouldn't this have been Cosgrove taking away blackshirts?

Does it not seem on some level that this is Bowman saying "I know better than you"? Cosgrove gave him the blackshirt, he took it away from himself.. solid gesture on his part, however I think this is more evidence that the players don't trust in cosgrove any longer (with good reason i believe).

I think you're reaching. Bowman's move is only indicative of his own standards for himself and the way he plays the game. Apparently Cosgrove and Callahan felt that their performance, while horrendous, was a singular event and not at all prophetic as to how the rest of the season will turn out. Bowman apparently felt that this is something that he needed to do in order to prove to himself and the team that he is deadly serious about improving his game along with the overall production of the defense. It would be another story if Cosgrove had tried to take Bowman's blackshirt and Bowman refused him––then you'd have a solid point. But non-action being met with self-discipline is a whole other story.

And let's not forget that football and sports in general have a certain fact about them. The coach can't play for you––you have to play the game the way he teaches you. You are an individual out there. Bowman's decision is a personal one, I believe, and not at all related to him self-coaching. He felt that he has not lived up to the coaching he's received, and that is why he did what he did.

Get your head checked because your reading into things like a female would!!!! :lol: He just did it because he knows how they all played and I'm sure he thought it was the right thing to do, but you don't see any articles of the other guys doing it do you!!! He has character and those other guys don't!!!! :angry:

I agree, Bowman and Octavien are the only players who currently deserve their Blackshirts...Bowman proved he is a true leader by not wearing his...I think it is a shame and a travesty that the rest of the 'Blackshirts' didn't follow suit...what the hell did they do on Saturday to deserve jack sh*t?

And if coaches should ever be issued jerseys, Cosgrove deserves a Pinkshirt.

I think you're reaching. Bowman's move is only indicative of his own standards for himself and the way he plays the game. Apparently Cosgrove and Callahan felt that their performance, while horrendous, was a singular event and not at all prophetic as to how the rest of the season will turn out. Bowman apparently felt that this is something that he needed to do in order to prove to himself and the team that he is deadly serious about improving his game along with the overall production of the defense. It would be another story if Cosgrove had tried to take Bowman's blackshirt and Bowman refused him––then you'd have a solid point. But non-action being met with self-discipline is a whole other story.

And let's not forget that football and sports in general have a certain fact about them. The coach can't play for you––you have to play the game the way he teaches you. You are an individual out there. Bowman's decision is a personal one, I believe, and not at all related to him self-coaching. He felt that he has not lived up to the coaching he's received, and that is why he did what he did.

or maybe Bowman is the only one who has a conscience and respects the tradition of the BS's.

or maybe Bowman is the only one who has a conscience and respects the tradition of the BS's.

Agreed. I highly doubt a Big 11 coach truly knows what it means to be a Blackshirt.

Get your head checked because your reading into things like a female would!!!! :lol: He just did it because he knows how they all played and I'm sure he thought it was the right thing to do, but you don't see any articles of the other guys doing it do you!!! He has character and those other guys don't!!!! :angry:

Maybe because a female would step up and take charge? And do what needed to be done? Admit what was wrong and try to change it? (Just my female opinion.....)