Notes from practice

np_husker

It shows the glaring difference between Bowman and Ruud. Bowman is a captain who is a man of action while Ruud believes he is Husker royalty and is not capable of putting forth the necessary effort. It would appear the defense is divided and too many are backing the wrong MAN.

I hate to keep bring up jason peter, but he's made some really good points in the last couple of days! While he applauded Bowman (said that he's one of the few who, by this action and others, demonstrated that he understand what the Blackshirt means and is most deserved of one) he also said that, as a captain and as a Blackshirt, he should have gathered all of the Blackshirts together and said, "We don't deserve these after the way we played this weekend, we're going to turn them in." His point was about the unity of the Blackshirts and that Bowman, though what he did was the Right Thing, wasn't quite acting as a Blackshirt in acting alone.

Thought it was an interesting point from a former blackshirt.

Wow, I hope that some of you at least got to hear JP all worked up into a tizzy over this last defensive outing.

It shows the glaring difference between Bowman and Ruud. Bowman is a captain who is a man of action while Ruud believes he is Husker royalty and is not capable of putting forth the necessary effort. It would appear the defense is divided and too many are backing the wrong MAN.

I hate to keep bring up jason peter, but he's made some really good points in the last couple of days! While he applauded Bowman (said that he's one of the few who, by this action and others, demonstrated that he understand what the Blackshirt means and is most deserved of one) he also said that, as a captain and as a Blackshirt, he should have gathered all of the Blackshirts together and said, "We don't deserve these after the way we played this weekend, we're going to turn them in." His point was about the unity of the Blackshirts and that Bowman, though what he did was the Right Thing, wasn't quite acting as a Blackshirt in acting alone.

Wow, I hope that some of you at least got to hear JP all worked up into a tizzy over this last defensive outing.

hell, for all we know maybe he did! i imagine as captain he was trying to lead by example, either way the rest of the guys missed their chance to step up and make a statement. sad deal, as they don't appear to all be on the same page here.

hell, for all we know maybe he did! i imagine as captain he was trying to lead by example, either way the rest of the guys missed their chance to step up and make a statement. sad deal, as they don't appear to all be on the same page here.

I thought that was a distinct possibility, too. The last thing that a good leader is going to do is come out and say, "I'm turning in my blackshirt. I told the other guys that they should, too, but it doesn't look like they are."

Former players != awesome coaches.

USC goes 1 day per week in full pads, typically. Not always

LSU goes at least twice a week in full pads.

And LSU has the best defense in the land. Go figure. <_<

One practice a week, when I first read it, I thought "Big whoop." Then I started to think of it like this-- one practice in full pads a week = TWICE as much full-contact time for the players than teams that don't do full-pad practice! Not saying that anyone else missed this simple piece of mathing, just me ;)

Former players != awesome coaches.

USC goes 1 day per week in full pads, typically. Not always

LSU goes at least twice a week in full pads.

And LSU has the best defense in the land. Go figure. <_<

One practice a week, when I first read it, I thought "Big whoop." Then I started to think of it like this-- one practice in full pads a week = TWICE as much full-contact time for the players than teams that don't do full-pad practice! Not saying that anyone else missed this simple piece of mathing, just me ;)

Other teams do use full pads unless it's a short week or they need a rest because they are getting fatigued.

We are the exception thanks to Clownahan and the wizard of Coz

I completely agree that we need some former Blackshirts to come into Lincoln and give the boys a little history lesson. Even better yet, the NU staff needs someone like Wistrom or Peter to come in as a Grad Asst and inject some passion and tough leadership into the Blackshirts. As anyone at the game can see, when Grant Wistrom did the pregame announcement of the defense, he was more stoked than any Blackshirt that hit the field Saturday night.

Other than Bowman we have terrible leadership. We all know that Wistrom and Peter would put the fear of God into anyone who screwed up in practice or in a game. I just don't see anyone other than Bowman displaying any type of leadership. Where are our hellraisers??????

I completely agree that we need some former Blackshirts to come into Lincoln and give the boys a little history lesson. Even better yet, the NU staff needs someone like Wistrom or Peter to come in as a Grad Asst and inject some passion and tough leadership into the Blackshirts. As anyone at the game can see, when Grant Wistrom did the pregame announcement of the defense, he was more stoked than any Blackshirt that hit the field Saturday night.

Other than Bowman we have terrible leadership. We all know that Wistrom and Peter would put the fear of God into anyone who screwed up in practice or in a game. I just don't see anyone other than Bowman displaying any type of leadership. Where are our hellraisers??????

who knows but we need to figure somethin out real soon.. :bonez

'Blackshirts' are a joke right now...they should all be fighting like hell just to start, let alone have a 'Blackshirt'.

That said, I don't think there is a lack of talent on defense...so Cosgrove, why don't you just put an 'Interim' in front of your title, thanks.

Says Coach Foppa dedhoarse

I'm not a coach. I just play one on TV.

'Blackshirts' are a joke right now...they should all be fighting like hell just to start, let alone have a 'Blackshirt'.

That said, I don't think there is a lack of talent on defense...so Cosgrove, why don't you just put an 'Interim' in front of your title, thanks.

lol keep yellin at the tv..maybe the defense will listen for once :LOLtartar

lol keep yellin at the tv..maybe the defense will listen for once :LOLtartar

All that does is scare the dog and raise the blood pressure...doesn't seem to affect the defense. ;)