Conspiracy Theory (sort of)

huskerstag

This is probably really stupid, but I need to have my curiosity satisfied...

Does anyone know what happened to the USC player who went down on the kickoff return after NU went ahead 10-7?

I've looked and haven't seen/heard anything about him.

The reason I ask is because from the stands it didn't look like anyone was very concerned about him, Carrol specifically. If I saw everything correctly (I was a long ways away and a little over-served) it looked like Carrol spent the first 10 minutes or so meeting with his offense while his player layed on the field 30 yards away. I'm wondering if someone told the player to stay down awhile so NU's momentum would melt away and the crowd would get quiet.

Did anyone else think the same thing? Or am I just looney?

At half time, Carroll said it was a sort of freak acident that he got hit in the throat. He was quick to say there was no neck or head injury. Made it sound like it wasn't a big deal, just precautionary.

i played with a guy who's helmet got knocked weird and the chin strap tightened around his throat. It wasn't a big deal, once the chin strap was disconnected. But the trainers still took a couple minutes to check him out and make sure of this due to the area of the injury. Sounded similar to that.

I think it was just a coincidence.

I don't think you are the first, or only, NU fan to think this may have been done intentionally. However, looking back, do you REALLY think that won the game for them? Sure it may have calmed the crowd a bit....but USC was going to beat us soundly with or without that delay, intentional or not.

I don't think it was a conspiracy. I thought the second guy seemed like a jackass when he started skipping off the field and pointing at the crowd after Castille rung his bell.

What's funny is the same crap happened last year against USC, a fumble that gets picked up and run by a USC player for big yardage.

I don't know though because the fumble recovery and return was devastating. Injury or not. That was when I knew that it wasn't their night.

You know when I knew it was their night? When we punted the ball and got it fielded at their 5 yard line. First play from scrimmage, they knock off like a 45 yard run. Second play, they do the same ending up 90 yards downfield in 2 plays and score 2 plays later. This is when I knew it was their night.

I don't know though because the fumble recovery and return was devastating. Injury or not. That was when I knew that it wasn't their night.

You know when I knew it was their night? When we punted the ball and got it fielded at their 5 yard line. First play from scrimmage, they knock off like a 45 yard run. Second play, they do the same ending up 90 yards downfield in 2 plays and score 2 plays later. This is when I knew it was their night.

Lucky bastards! ;)

Anyway, this topic has been covered in depth in other threads. To sum it up: you don't screw around or rush through ANY neck injury. I know people who were paralyzed by paramedics who weren't careful while "rescuing" injured people. You hurry just for the sake of one stupid game and ruin a person's football career, not to mention severely altering his *life*, well, I can't even think of the words to use to describe that. So, anyway, neck injury-- it's going to take a while before they decide that he's safe to even put onto a stretcher as long as nothing else requires him to be moved ASAP.

Maybe I'm naive, but I never thought they were faking anything. That guy looked really hurt. He was holding really, really still which meant he was either out or he had a neck injury and *couldn't* move or the people there were telling him that it was too dangerous.

That'd be really funny if it wasn't so depressing. Good point though.

I think to even suggest there was a conspiracy of some sorts is ludicrous :angry:

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

LOL LOL.... I Agree.

Please don't embarrass NU by even repeating that out loud. Heck, we should remove it from the board. We will look like whiners and excuse makers. That is absurd. PC had 2 weeks to prepare but once he got an extra 10 minutes he realized our defense can't tackle....ugh.

There is a conspiracy theory I do like.....PUD is the Devil and BC is his evil spawn and Coz is their experiment!!!

I have to admit, in all my excitement after just going up 10-7 I looked on that injury with a lot of suspicion. I was yelling at the TV, which in hindsight was a little cruel. I think it depleted some of our momentum a bit. But at the end of the day it didn't make any difference in the outcome of the game. Who cares. Players overdo injuries all the time to give their teammates a breather.