Why

bach57

Why Is Callahan trying to run Nebraska Football like a pro team? We never go full pads (except for fall camp and one day this week.) When T.O., Solich, and Bob were here we had full pad practice mon-wed Wednesday was the hardest practice with two hours of first team D vs. first team O. Now we go half pads with first team D and first team O going against a scout team. I think it really shows on the feild that there is a huge lack of contact in our practices.

Why is Coz still here? He has proven himself time and time again that he is not a good college coach. Look at what he did in Wisconsin.......nothing. He had terrible D's there and he has terrible D's here with much better players. If you look at his defensive schemes it reminds me of what you would see in a high school football game. Its like he is not even trying, thats why after one quarter the opposing team has our D figured out and can move the ball all over us.

Is there a way we could have a noobe section. You have to have at least 200 posts before you are alowed to set at the big table.

Any buyers in this idea?

It seems the two digit posters are more along the Huskerpedia groups.

I am sure some are great people, but I am tired of reading the same post over and over day after day that really has no answer.

Just a thought.

Is there a way we could have a noobe section. You have to have at least 200 posts before you are alowed to set at the big table.

Any buyers in this idea?

I am sure some are great people, but I am tired of reading the same post over and over day after day that really has no answer.

Just a thought.

Oh yeah...because if you haven't spent the past couple of years posting on THIS board...well...then obviously you couldn't possibly have an opinion worth a sh*t.... :sarcasm

Gimme a break... <_<

Any buyers in this idea?

Just a thought.

Well, I may not be "all conference" when it comes to posting on this board, but if you don't like what the "newbie" has to say, just don't read it.

Perhaps the problem is that all of you with a dozen "n's" next to your name were the ones defending that piece of crap Coz, and now almost EVERYONE is in here saying what I have been saying all along.

Are you threatened because, as one of the prolific posters on this board, you seem to have lost any influence you may have imagined you once had?

My only response to this "newbie" is a resounding welcome and a sincere, heart felt, :yeah for his takes on Coz.

The point is the same statements have been made over and over and over on this board.

WE SUCK! WE SUCK! WE SUCK!

Yea and I am sick of reading it.

Read the posts and them comment if you have a differing idea. Not the same old crap day in and day out.

I don't care if you bring new information, but burping the same thing over and over is getting old.

The point is the same statements have been made over and over and over on this board.

WE SUCK! WE SUCK! WE SUCK!

Yea and I am sick of reading it.

Read the posts and them comment if you have a differing idea. Not the same old crap day in and day out.

I don't care if you bring new information, but burping the same thing over and over is getting old.

Couldn't agree more with your sentiment...

But attacking the messenger simply because they are a "noob", as you put, it is just WRONG...

BTW...welcome 'bach57'...

Read the post.

He posted the same crap that is in at least, hell who knows, other posts on this board. Read the topics and make a comment is fine.

A lot of the single digit and double digit posts are just trolling, stirring up the pot so to speak. You made the some comment on another thread.

Anyway sorry to have pissed off anyone. I am just tired of every single post being negative, and a lot of the newbies bring it.

Read the post.

He posted the same crap that is in at least, hell who knows, other posts on this board. Read the topics and make a comment is fine.

A lot of the single digit and double digit posts are just trolling, stirring up the pot so to speak. You made the some comment on another thread.

Anyway sorry to have pissed off anyone. I am just tired of every single post being negative, and a lot of the newbies bring it.

I will freely admit that Saturday night I too was ready to see Coz fired. I have since come to my senses and I too am getting a little tired of the same old tune. But I would never assume anyone's opinion isn't valid...cause you know what they say about opinions...

BUT...that's what make's this (message boards) so fun...and so I say...the more the merrier!!!!

No ofense intended...and none taken!!!

GBR!!!

Why Is Callahan trying to run Nebraska Football like a pro team? We never go full pads (except for fall camp and one day this week.) When T.O., Solich, and Bob were here we had full pad practice mon-wed Wednesday was the hardest practice with two hours of first team D vs. first team O. Now we go half pads with first team D and first team O going against a scout team. I think it really shows on the feild that there is a huge lack of contact in our practices.

Why is Coz still here? He has proven himself time and time again that he is not a good college coach. Look at what he did in Wisconsin.......nothing. He had terrible D's there and he has terrible D's here with much better players. If you look at his defensive schemes it reminds me of what you would see in a high school football game. Its like he is not even trying, thats why after one quarter the opposing team has our D figured out and can move the ball all over us.

Welcome Bach(newb)57

I didn't know we weren't practicing with pads although I did hear something about not running 1's vs. 1's.

So I may have learned something by openning your thread.

I also think I may have read somewhere around here about Coz having a 2nd ranked defense while he was at Wisky, but as with some of your points, I probably should not believe everything I read without further investigatin' it.

As for your point about hiring an ex NFL coach, that's the trade off you get..The trick is getting someone humble enough to believe he can continue to learn the college game (Pete Carrol).

Callahan seems to be improving...Just not as fast as most of us want.

Maybe COS can too.

:hmmph

I feel that practicing in pads at least 3 days a week or maybe 4 days is just the thing this team needs. They don't have that mean streak in them that we have seen in the past and it would be great to see it once again.

I can see Cally's point about practicing in pads though. While our talent and depth are better than they've been in years...I think we'd be hertin' if we lost 1 or 2 more O-linemen. And God forbid please!!! (...just my little prayer) we loose anymore D-linemen...

That said...i think they should be in pads at least Tuesdays...and quite possibly Wednesdays as well...