Honest Question for the Board Members

HuskerBCS

I keep reading post after post stating that we should fire Coz because he cannot coach and our defense is terrible. Then I read other posts that say Cally should not be fired because the Offense is doing really well and we are recruiting well. Im just curious how people can think our offense is really playing well. When I watch the game I see an offense that cannot run the football (see 300+ rushing yards against Nevada and then a COMBO around 300 rushing yards the next 3 games), and an offensive line that doesnt protect the quarterback or run block. Then on defense I see a terrible defensive line and very OVERRATED linebackers. I guess what Im asking is how can people think our offense is playing well when we are completely one demensional. To me they are not much better than the defense and good opposing defenses will show that. Sorry for the rant, just wanna hear what everyone thinks.

We didn't run the ball great again, but it was good enough. Our offensive line isn't the best right now...they're a bit inconsistent when it comes to blocking. I don't think we're one dimensional, this was yet another game where we needed to pass to stay in it. I don't think the offense is outstanding, but they're good and if the O-line can improve run blocking a bit, we'll be even better.

Defense...610 yards against. :rollin

I keep reading post after post stating that we should fire Coz because he cannot coach and our defense is terrible. Then I read other posts that say Cally should not be fired because the Offense is doing really well and we are recruiting well. Im just curious how people can think our offense is really playing well. When I watch the game I see an offense that cannot run the football (see 300+ rushing yards against Nevada and then a COMBO around 300 rushing yards the next 3 games), and an offensive line that doesnt protect the quarterback or run block. Then on defense I see a terrible defensive line and very OVERRATED linebackers. I guess what Im asking is how can people think our offense is playing well when we are completely one demensional. To me they are not much better than the defense and good opposing defenses will show that. Sorry for the rant, just wanna hear what everyone thinks.

I agree - I'm very worried that we can't seem to ever run the ball against good competition.

Kool-aid.

Here's the thing I saw (or at least think I saw): Callahan being a terribly predictable play caller. He'll call a run, then another, then a short pass, then a run, then another, then a short pass.

Thank god Keller went up top a few times today otherwise we would have been more embarrassed than we already were.

The only thing bad about our offense right now is the innability to block up front. I mean, you've got 5, count em' 5 guys up there that are over 300 lbs....and they still get bullied by 240-260 lbs guys. Maybe they get pushed around because they get scared from the defensive line talking sh#t to them or something. I don't know....but IMO the offensive line is the only thing that REALLY needs improvment.

The only thing bad about our offense right now is the innability to block up front. I mean, you've got 5, count em' 5 guys up there that are over 300 lbs....and they still get bullied by 240-260 lbs guys. Maybe they get pushed around because they get scared from the defensive line talking sh#t to them or something. I don't know....but IMO the offensive line is the only thing that REALLY needs improvment.

Exactly. If you watch them run block, sometimes they do very well, and other times they get run over and miss key blocks. They're just inconsistent right now. Same is pretty much true of pass blocking, but I think they tend to do a little better there.

Exactly. If you watch them run block, sometimes they do very well, and other times they get run over and miss key blocks. They're just inconsistent right now. Same is pretty much true of pass blocking, but I think they tend to do a little better there.

The line definately needs some work and that goes for D and O!!!!

I agree........let's fire the entire mediocre coaching staff including Cally. He is the Head Coach, not offensive coach only!

www.pleasefireeveryoneincludingpud.com

I agree........let's fire the entire mediocre coaching staff including Cally. He is the Head Coach, not offensive coach only!

www.pleasefireeveryoneincludingpud.com

Cally isn't the problem Coz is.............if he doesn't fire Coz either now or at the end of the season then I will be concerned!!!!

The offense scored 40 points. Most though the air, but 40 points. It isnt an offense problem. The only game with fewer than 30 was the Wake game. The Defense is the reason for the USC loss and the much too close game today. The defense has given up more than 40 in consecutive games. The Offense has been better every season, where as the defense has got worse.

Let's not forget we had one dropped ball on a key third down play that absolutely should have been caught, one huge penalty that pushed us back to 2nd and 20, then 3rd and 25 (tough to make for any offense), and Castille fumbled at a key time. They put up 500+ yards against an admittedly poor defense. They're far from perfect and have a lot to work on when it come to the O-line, but they are good and they kept us in this game.

Had our defense played well and stopped Ball St. much, nobody would be complaining about the offense putting up 500+ yards and scoring 35 pts.

I see an offense that cannot run the football

Lucky had 21 carries for 102 yards and 11 catches for 81... <_<

You can't possible hope to hang this performance on the offense. They quite obviously won the game...it certainly WASN'T the defense...

100 total yards of rushing is hardly enough....and we deffinitely didnt win this game....they gave it to us with the Bo Ruud pick which was real LUCKY.