The team that Colorado shut out yesterday....

hskrdedhed

We arent suppose to be taken to the wire by a MAC team. Have we really come to accept this?

It's amusing how when someone steps up and says the other team played great (at least on offense), it's taken as conceding that the Huskers should be taken to the wire by teams like that. Thanks for putting words in our mouths. :asshat

What? We have superior athletes , superior coaches and a superior fan base. Ball State should not have been within 3 tds of this team , but still outplayed us , outcoached us and embarrassed us. Is this progress? I dont see it. And with our high powered offense we should have put 70 on them easily.

70??!

We put up 41 with 552 yards of total offense. I don't ask for any more from our offense. You don't put 70 on anybody easily, unless youre playing a high school team. We should have played better and won by a comfortable margin, but don't get carried away. These are still good athletes, even if they don't play in a BCS conference.

If you watched the game, you saw Ball St. executing their offense almost perfectly (beyond some crazy drops). I really doubt they typically get that level of execution from the offense, they were really clicking. Hence, they were playing beyond their typical level.

But that's not the whole story. Our defense was almost non-existent, which made it much easier for them to continually execute. We weren't forcing them to make mistakes, as we rarely had any pressure on their QB.

And finally, our offensive line didn't run block too well, which forced Callahan to stick mainly to what WAS working for us, the pass. The team leaned on Keller and the WR's/TE's and they kept us in it.

How admitting that Ball St. ran their offense well adds up to making excuses or accepting we should typically be taken to the wire by them is beyond me. It's certainly not either of those.

We arent suppose to be taken to the wire by a MAC team. Have we really come to accept this?

It's amusing how when someone steps up and says the other team played great (at least on offense), it's taken as conceding that the Huskers should be taken to the wire by teams like that. Thanks for putting words in our mouths. :asshat

What? We have superior athletes , superior coaches and a superior fan base. Ball State should not have been within 3 tds of this team , but still outplayed us , outcoached us and embarrassed us. Is this progress? I dont see it. And with our high powered offense we should have put 70 on them easily.

70??!

We put up 41 with 552 yards of total offense. I don't ask for any more from our offense. You don't put 70 on anybody easily, unless youre playing a high school team. We should have played better and won by a comfortable margin, but don't get carried away. These are still good athletes, even if they don't play in a BCS conference.

A comfortable margin is 1? I just thank god they decided to try the 55 yard field goal rather than taking another play. BTW , they had 610 yards against us.

Seriously...are you even having the same conversation we are? DCHusker said we should have won by a comfortable margin. How does that make the margin we won by, 1, comfortable? :wtf

Sorry bout that. I misread the post. Been drinking all day as well. Can you believe it is actually snowing here? Starting to stick now as well.

The team that a I-AA team beat at the beginning of the season beat Penn St. yesterday. Sometimes teams improve from earlier games.

Quit making excuses. We're talking about Ball State! A team that lost to Miami of Ohio who lost to Colorado 42-0. Do you see the irony?

This kind of 4th grade logic really only works....in 4th grade. I think the whole Penn State and I-AA arguement shows that.

Yep we should be able to beat Ball St by more than that. Our defense isn't very good. I think we all agree there.

What is the point of your post? Were gonna lose to CU because they beat Miami OH? Fire all the coaches? Solich was better? Bogasm?

What is it that you are hoping to do here?

They've got a couple weeks to fully figure out how to bring the defense out of the funk it's in. I think if we have a relatively bad showing on defense against ISU, we can still beat them (note, relatively bad does not mean a repeat of the Ball St. defense). However, by the next game they better have the defense playing back to Cosgrove's tried and true mediocrity or we're in serious trouble.

this is a dumb thread and we are all dumber for have read it and posted to it

Why is everyone getting so worked up? I just stated facts. We beat Ball State by 1. Ball State lost to Miami of Ohio 14-13. Colorado beat Miami of Ohio 42-0. That doesnt say alot about Ball State now does it.