what makes us the experts

formerfan8

Simply put, Callahan is not a good fit for NU.

I believe Callahan is a good man, but not a good coach and not a good fit in Lincoln. Perhaps at another school he would have success, but so far it's not happening here.

I'm not an expert and don't pretend to be one, but in the 4th year of the Callahan years, shouldn't we see more than what we're seeing? It's going to be a struggle for us to win a very weak Big 12 North.

maybe this years team just is not as good as you all (fans) thought. I also was wondering what has happened to recruiting? You guys were getting pretty good players during your NC days, but now, it just looks like you are not getting the atheletes you used to. What has happened? Oklahoma seems to still get the great players. The only reason i chose Oklahoma is because it was NU and them back in the day fighting it out for NCs. why are they still getting the players and it seems NU is not? And what has happened to the walk-on program?

Stoops & Co. can easily go to Texas to recruit and offer schollies. OU has been doing it forever. The recruit wont get too home sick. Just drive across the Red River. And basically, the top athletes in Texas get to pick: UT or OU? The majority of the next tier chooses the other Texas schools. Then after that a few will go outside.

Nebraska still has to hit Texas hard for recruiting because of the sheer number of players available. More than 50 percent of high school football players in the ENTIRE COUNTRY are in Texas.

There is absolutely no way this is a true statement. I am curious the % but I need proof. Where did you get that stat????

California, Florida, Texas, yah that's the cream of the recruiting crop. But dont tell me that Ohio State, West Virginia, or even Boston College fills up their depth chart with these players. And they are having success. So in other words, a lot of teams find other areas for their schollies.

Throw in Wisconsin, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, Louisville, Va.Tech (meaning normally year after year) these teams as well. We're in the same boat. Recruiting is important, but it's not everything. You have to consider teaching (coaches & upper classmen) to add an impact in development of the young guys. And sometimes people take a little longer to grow and mature into a great player. College athletes are bigger, faster, stronger, and more mature as people and players than sure talent on a high school team.

California, Florida, Texas, yah that's the cream of the recruiting crop. But dont tell me that Ohio State, West Virginia, or even Boston College fills up their depth chart with these players. And they are having success. So in other words, a lot of teams find other areas for their schollies.

Throw in Wisconsin, Michigan, Notre Dame, Penn State, Louisville, Va.Tech (meaning normally year after year) these teams as well. We're in the same boat. Recruiting is important, but it's not everything. You have to consider teaching (coaches & upper classmen) to add an impact in development of the young guys. And sometimes people take a little longer to grow and mature into a great player. College athletes are bigger, faster, stronger, and more mature as people and players than sure talent on a high school team.

And....where are Ball St's players from????LOL

Simply put, Callahan is not a good fit for NU.

I believe Callahan is a good man, but not a good coach and not a good fit in Lincoln. Perhaps at another school he would have success, but so far it's not happening here.

I'm not an expert and don't pretend to be one, but in the 4th year of the Callahan years, shouldn't we see more than what we're seeing? It's going to be a struggle for us to win a very weak Big 12 North.

maybe this years team just is not as good as you all (fans) thought. I also was wondering what has happened to recruiting? You guys were getting pretty good players during your NC days, but now, it just looks like you are not getting the atheletes you used to. What has happened? Oklahoma seems to still get the great players. The only reason i chose Oklahoma is because it was NU and them back in the day fighting it out for NCs. why are they still getting the players and it seems NU is not? And what has happened to the walk-on program?

Stoops & Co. can easily go to Texas to recruit and offer schollies. OU has been doing it forever. The recruit wont get too home sick. Just drive across the Red River. And basically, the top athletes in Texas get to pick: UT or OU? The majority of the next tier chooses the other Texas schools. Then after that a few will go outside.

Nebraska still has to hit Texas hard for recruiting because of the sheer number of players available. More than 50 percent of high school football players in the ENTIRE COUNTRY are in Texas.

There is absolutely no way this is a true statement. I am curious the % but I need proof. Where did you get that stat????

Sports Illustrated did an article on high school football a few years ago. The gist of the article was how high school football is waning nation wide but still as strong as ever in Texas.

And....where are Ball St's players from????LOL

LOL... they are from Ball.. Ball.. footBall County?

Oklahoma went through a down period as well. Anyone remember the 90s?

Yeah, but weren't there shootings involved? And didn't they improve by getting a new coach?

And it was b/c of their 2 coaches. 33% winning % before Stoops, his worst year is the same as Callahans best year. Anything else about that? Oh, and Texas winning % was 56% before Mack and he has never won fewer than 9 games....oh and they each have a NC.

We have the wrong coach. Not the wrong state in which to recruit from.

I was at the game, so I would think I know!

I was at that game too and I say you're FOS. Why would the crowd boo a guy who just helped the team win a championship the previous year? Maybe one idiot sitting near you booed because he wanted TO to keep piling on the points with Frazier, but the crowd never booed Brook.

Yeah, but weren't there shootings involved? And didn't they improve by getting a new coach?

4 coaches later.

I was at the game, so I would think I know!

I was at that game too and I say you're FOS. Why would the crowd boo a guy who just helped the team win a championship the previous year? Maybe one idiot sitting near you booed because he wanted TO to keep piling on the points with Frazier, but the crowd never booed Brook.

Yeah I was wondering why anyone would boo a guy who never lost in his Husker career as Qb.

He probably was yellin ruuud. :sarcasm