IF Nebraska wins the North, would you be satisfied?

I know that I'm going WAAAYYY out on a limb here, but suppose Nebraska is somehow able to win the North Division. Would you be satisfied with that result, considering how you feel about Nebraska football today? Say we do improve enough on defense, and our offense carries us to the Big 12 Championship. Would you still want Coz's head on a platter? Just curious to see what everyone's expectations are for Nebraska as they enter Conference play.

After seeing the defensive problems this year, and watching them struggle in past years, my only requirements for this season have become winning the North and removing Cosgrove at the end. The team is capable of much more, but it's never going to happen unless our defense turns in a miracle. I can't really see any realistic scenario where I'd want Cosgrove to stay after this season.

I refuse to change my expectations. I still expect a win over texas and a competitive big 12 championship game. That is what i expected coming into the season anything less would be a regression. Why should we now change our expectations for less? What we expected before the season should still be the goal, and anything less is failure and it needs to be dealt with. (i.e. if we fail, Cosgroves head should roll) I'm not going to accept less than i expected before the season, because then i would be accepting failure. Just my honest opinion.

After seeing the defensive problems this year, and watching them struggle in past years, my only requirements for this season have become winning the North and removing Cosgrove at the end. The team is capable of much more, but it's never going to happen unless our defense turns in a miracle. I can't really see any realistic scenario where I'd want Cosgrove to stay after this season.

absolutely, 100% correct!

I refuse to change my expectations. I still expect a win over texas and a competitive big 12 championship game. That is what i expected coming into the season anything less would be a regression. Why should we now change our expectations for less? What we expected before the season should still be the goal, and anything less is failure and it needs to be dealt with. (i.e. if we fail, Cosgroves head should roll) I'm not going to accept less than i expected before the season, because then i would be accepting failure. Just my honest opinion.

I'm not saying just winning the North would be a success. But unless the defense improves a ton, it's not realistic to expect a win over Texas or to even compete with OU. If all we can do is just win the North, then no, I don't think the season will be a success. More specifically, I'll look at it as a defensive failure that dragged the rest of the team down with it (assuming the offense continues to produce at a decent level).

I'm not saying just winning the North would be a success. But unless the defense improves a ton, it's not realistic to expect a win over Texas or to even compete with OU. If all we can do is just win the North, then no, I don't think the season will be a success. More specifically, I'll look at it as a defensive failure that dragged the rest of the team down with it (assuming the offense continues to produce at a decent level).

correct again.

Man, this is a great post! This is the type of attitude that everyone needs to have in order to move forward. This is the type of attitude that holds our program accountable for their actions. This is the type of attitude that will 'gravitate us away from mediocracy', which is where we're headed if we don't expect more from our team and coaches.

Amen Brotha!! :bonez

correct again.

In response to your original questions, "Would you be satisfied with that result, considering how you feel about Nebraska football today? Say we do improve enough on defense, and our offense carries us to the Big 12 Championship. Would you still want Coz's head on a platter?" If all we do is win the North, I will not be satisfied because my expectation is more than that, we did that last year. There is no way i can see me not wanting Coz's head on my mantle. Unless he somehow turns this defense into a bunch of animals who dont allow another yard the rest of the season. We have given up over 1000 yards in two games. It should take 4 games for us to give that amount up.

Man, this is a great post! This is the type of attitude that everyone needs to have in order to move forward. This is the type of attitude that holds our program accountable for their actions. This is the type of attitude that will 'gravitate us away from mediocracy', which is where we're headed if we don't expect more from our team and coaches.

Amen Brotha!! :bonez

this is the kind of attitude the players need. i don't think it it there on the D side of the ball.