Corey McKeon

np_husker

Let me get this straight...

You give up almost 90 points in back 2 back games. Even the greatest fans in the world are subject to boo a performance like that especially versus a team that hasn't had a winning record since the mid ninties or so. Whacha expect Cory Mac? A parade?

Last yr it was "the crowd is too loud, we can't hear each other communicate". This year its "the booing is hurting our feelings".

Somebody needs a hug...

Somebody hand me a towel. That was the saddest tale I've heard in some time.

Loose lips burn ships. TMI about the injuries. The enemy maybe listening.

The Shirts were head hanging last week. Looked whipped to me. The game wasn't even over yet. If its energy or motivation thats needed then its up to the upperclassmen of the unit to provide it and spread it. Time to be a leader not a whiner.

Hmmmm....

I coach baseball. I know I've given this speech before.

"You will not be champions until you start believing and acting like one".

And thats talking to lil leaguers.

Here is how Cory can get his spot back.

1. Don't repeatedly run into your own man.

2. Take proper angles on attack.

3. Stop moving in wrong direction thus faking yourself out.

4. And my favorite... quit leaving feet to make tackles so much.

Octavien also apologized for whining to the press about the booing. Then he went out in the hall afterwards and told the press players aren't really buying in to what they are directed to do on defense.

Not that again. (Remembering B. Ruud's comments after Cally's first season). Well there's more fuel for the dump Coz contingent.

This whole episode baffles me. Have I fell asleep, then woke up and found we are in Lawrence Kansas or Ames Iowa now? Those kind of issues are issues elsewhere. Not at Nebraska. Can you see the Peter Bros or a Mike Brown or a Grant Wistrom complaining we are hurting their feelings with boos?

Billy Cee said he was having fun. He was like anytime he wins its fun. Sure it was close and sloppy but it was a win. We'll just go back and fix some things and everything will be hunky dory. You know Bill. Just another game another season. I see nothing... hear nothing.

I'll tell you what thou. Say what happened last Sat. happened down in Norman. Think Bobby Stoopes would be all giddy this week? You know he wouldn't. Heads would roll, practice would be tough, coaches wives would be upset because they wouldn't see hubby for days until he was satisfied. Once after a win that he didn't like, he told the press that no coach would leave the next day until they went over everything they do from practice to leaving the tunnel to see if changes or improvements could be made. Then he opened up positions like it was the spring practices and everyone had to earn their spots all over again. This was after a win! Heck he just gave them permission to wear names on the jerseys again this yr. There is the difference from our coach and the Big XII champions coach. He simply doesn't put up with petty issues. Since this staff arrived its been one issue after another, week after week, and now the fans are involved in these issues.

CAN WE GET RID OF ALL THE ISSUES AND GO BACK TO PLAYING HUSKER FOOTBALL?!?!?!

Personally i still belive that Mckeon has plenty of fire still left in him and i belive that something is going to wake him up and we will see that old firey Mckeon back on the field. I didnt like all of the things that he had to say during his little frustation let out speech. But maybe he does need somekind of pick me from the crowd just to show him and the rest of the blackshirts that we HUSKER NATION still have their backs

Let me get this straight...

You give up almost 90 points in back 2 back games. Even the greatest fans in the world are subject to boo a performance like that especially versus a team that hasn't had a winning record since the mid ninties or so. Whacha expect Cory Mac? A parade?

Last yr it was "the crowd is too loud, we can't hear each other communicate". This year its "the booing is hurting our feelings".

Somebody needs a hug...

Somebody hand me a towel. That was the saddest tale I've heard in some time.

Loose lips burn ships. TMI about the injuries. The enemy maybe listening.

The Shirts were head hanging last week. Looked whipped to me. The game wasn't even over yet. If its energy or motivation thats needed then its up to the upperclassmen of the unit to provide it and spread it. Time to be a leader not a whiner.

Hmmmm....

I coach baseball. I know I've given this speech before.

"You will not be champions until you start believing and acting like one".

And thats talking to lil leaguers.

Here is how Cory can get his spot back.

1. Don't repeatedly run into your own man.

2. Take proper angles on attack.

3. Stop moving in wrong direction thus faking yourself out.

4. And my favorite... quit leaving feet to make tackles so much.

Octavien also apologized for whining to the press about the booing. Then he went out in the hall afterwards and told the press players aren't really buying in to what they are directed to do on defense.

Not that again. (Remembering B. Ruud's comments after Cally's first season). Well there's more fuel for the dump Coz contingent.

This whole episode baffles me. Have I fell asleep, then woke up and found we are in Lawrence Kansas or Ames Iowa now? Those kind of issues are issues elsewhere. Not at Nebraska. Can you see the Peter Bros or a Mike Brown or a Grant Wistrom complaining we are hurting their feelings with boos?

Billy Cee said he was having fun. He was like anytime he wins its fun. Sure it was close and sloppy but it was a win. We'll just go back and fix some things and everything will be hunky dory. You know Bill. Just another game another season. I see nothing... hear nothing.

I'll tell you what thou. Say what happened last Sat. happened down in Norman. Think Bobby Stoopes would be all giddy this week? You know he wouldn't. Heads would roll, practice would be tough, coaches wives would be upset because they wouldn't see hubby for days until he was satisfied. Once after a win that he didn't like, he told the press that no coach would leave the next day until they went over everything they do from practice to leaving the tunnel to see if changes or improvements could be made. Then he opened up positions like it was the spring practices and everyone had to earn their spots all over again. This was after a win! Heck he just gave them permission to wear names on the jerseys again this yr. There is the difference from our coach and the Big XII champions coach. He simply doesn't put up with petty issues. Since this staff arrived its been one issue after another, week after week, and now the fans are involved in these issues.

CAN WE GET RID OF ALL THE ISSUES AND GO BACK TO PLAYING HUSKER FOOTBALL?!?!?!

Suge... I'd give you 10 :stars if I could. Just amazing what you said.

Particularly the important reminder for all the touchy feely "you just dont understand the pressure, he's speaking from his heart" comment that you mentioned:

But hey, it's like Corey said... "it's just fun college football". Tell that to your teammate who is busting his ass just to get notice so he can get considered for playing time. Tell that to the recruit. And tell that to anyone as long as Corey is starting. Because getting owned by a TE blocking him doesnt matter. It's just fun college football as it's supposed to be.

Reflect on that. Chew on that. Take your coasting ass playing time to Northern Iowa. After the game, the beers are on the Coach and Corey. Whatever.

Christian peter said it best..........There are certain expectations that come with putting on a blackshirt. If he can't handle these expectations, he should have never put one on.

Christian Peter said that McKeon should just walk off of the team, that there is no excuse for comments like those. This is Div 1 football. This is Nebraska. The Blackshirts should be stripped from the players after what they did this weekend. It was a disgrace. I played for the tradition, for the guy next to me, for the Blackshirts that came before me.

Christian Peter did more to disgrace the Blackshirts than any coach or player or group of players I can think of..and the 1st player that actually made me feel ashamed to be associated with Nebraska.

Personally i still belive that Mckeon has plenty of fire still left in him and i belive that something is going to wake him up and we will see that old firey Mckeon back on the field. I didnt like all of the things that he had to say during his little frustation let out speech. But maybe he does need somekind of pick me from the crowd just to show him and the rest of the blackshirts that we HUSKER NATION still have their backs

I totally agee BLKSHIRTD.

Cory Mac is probably my fav Husker. I think he is smarting from his own play, losing playing time in crunch situations and the other things he mentioned. I just don't understand why he went public with it.

He and his fellow mates need to put away the rabbit ears. Booing comes along with the territory when you are playing in such a big spotlight. Not that I condone this actions from the fans but you have to realize it may happen when you are a player and try not to let it affect you. Along with that, newspaper articles, fans, foes, any media outlet and especially the internet. You can't let those outside interests affect your play and goals. Remain focused and keep your eye on the prize.