WHY?!?

OnTheEdge

In case you haven't seen it, Facebook has a number of groups with members attending the 'B****** at the Iowa State Game".

Blackouts are ridiculous:

1. Violates Husker Law #1 - Wear Red

2. It is always done half-assed.

3. It is ONLY the student section - the only people in the stadium who are dumb enough to break tradition.

Your thoughts?

In case you haven't seen it, Facebook has a number of groups with members attending the 'B****** at the Iowa State Game".

3. It is ONLY the student section - the only people in the stadium who are dumb enough to break tradition.

Your thoughts?

They are ridiculous, but in light of what has transpired with our defense...I think it's more of a motivating factor and showing we still believe in them. I could be wrong. I know it shouldn't take a "B******" that won't happen to motivate those young men, but the fact remains I suppose.

Your thoughts?

They are ridiculous, but in light of what has transpired with our defense...I think it's more of a motivating factor and showing we still believe in them. I could be wrong. I know it shouldn't take a "B******" that won't happen to motivate those young men, but the fact remains I suppose.

I guess I've always (since my first game when I was young) always thought of a Husker home game as special because we had two teams besides the team we were playing. We WORE RED for the offense to let them know we were there (without sounding out). We WERE LOUD to support the Blackshirts.

Maybe I'm wrong - but that is how I looked at it.

Hey, it's not necessarily you being wrong at all. You're not actually. I guess they are just trying to do a few new things around here. Obviously, Nebraska isn't too accustomed to "new" things aside from stadium additions and obviously the WCO...but overall, it's not that bad of an idea. You definitely aren't the only one to think this. You know, from a visual stand point, it would be something else if 84,000+ were all in black as being the opposing team coming out to the stadium and expecting nothing but red, it'd be just as intimidating in a way as all red.

It's all good though, we all know it won't happen.

Hey, it's not necessarily you being wrong at all. You're not actually. I guess they are just trying to do a few new things around here. Obviously, Nebraska isn't too accustomed to "new" things aside from stadium additions and obviously the WCO...but overall, it's not that bad of an idea. You definitely aren't the only one to think this. You know, from a visual stand point, it would be something else if 84,000+ were all in black as being the opposing team coming out to the stadium and expecting nothing but red, it'd be just as intimidating in a way as all red.

I agree completely, the main point is there is never enough planning. To have a black out would take a lot of communicating across the state and the internet. i think it would be amazing to see - but like you said, it will never happen.

Jesus, I dont know why we are still devoting time to this topic. If your in the student section, wear black if you want to. If your not in the student section, wear the same damn red shirt you always wear. It's an attempt to inspire the defense, who could use it. Let it be. Besides, with no TV coverage, even if it looks like crap, nobody but the people there will see it. Let the kids do what they want to do, I don't see why we have to throw a hissy fit every time this gets brought up.

Shocking, a raider fan has a horrible opinion.

Your thoughts?

I agree 100%.

Jesus, I dont know why we are still devoting time to this topic. If your in the student section, wear black if you want to. If your not in the student section, wear the same damn red shirt you always wear. It's an attempt to inspire the defense, who could use it. Let it be. Besides, with no TV coverage, even if it looks like crap, nobody but the people there will see it. Let the kids do what they want to do, I don't see why we have to throw a hissy fit every time this gets brought up.

Great point. I back the B******.