Frustration

macroboy

Iowa State and S. Miss really stuck it to us in 2003, didn't they?

Did they stick it to us this year? We gave S. Miss the game. Tell me I'm wrong that in the loses in 2002-2003 teams didn't stack the line and try to make us pass. If you can actually tell me teams didn't try to make us pass you're a fool.

When did I say teams didn't try to make us pass? You're right, but it doesn't change the fact that there's no excuse to lose to teams that bad. I don't care if it's a transition year. Kansas State. OK. Oklahoma. Of course. I might even throw Texas Tech in there though I still think we would have beat them this year without Cosgrove. But S. Miss and Iowa State??? Inexcusable. Beating Kansas by 6 at home. Horrible.

Did they stick it to us this year? We gave S. Miss the game. Tell me I'm wrong that in the loses in 2002-2003 teams didn't stack the line and try to make us pass. If you can actually tell me teams didn't try to make us pass you're a fool.

When did I say teams didn't try to make us pass? You're right, but it doesn't change the fact that there's no excuse to lose to teams that bad. I don't care if it's a transition year. Kansas State. OK. Oklahoma. Of course. I might even throw Texas Tech in there though I still think we would have beat them this year without Cosgrove. But S. Miss and Iowa State??? Inexcusable. Beating Kansas by 6 at home. Horrible.

They are called upsets mr. Utah. That is what makes college football great. There is no reason to play the game if the most talented team always wins.

I would compare the Kansas game to Penn St in 2003. We only beat them by 8 at home and they were terrible.

They are called upsets mr. Utah. That is what makes college football great. There is no reason to play the game if the most talented team always wins.

Is that what you said in 2002?

um, for those of you kids not following along, the Nebraska Cornhuskers suck this year...

It's always good to see undying optimism from Cornhusker fans. If you consider yourself to be a Cornhusker fan. Do you? If so, how can you constantly remain so optimistic about this sorry joke of a season that we're putting together right now? I just don't get why you would say we're doing so well... :wacko:

um, for those of you kids not following along, the Nebraska Cornhuskers suck this year... 

It's always good to see undying optimism from Cornhusker fans. If you consider yourself to be a Cornhusker fan. Do you? If so, how can you constantly remain so optimistic about this sorry joke of a season that we're putting together right now? I just don't get why you would say we're doing so well... 

I have a lot of optimism. Only our coach bites, our D-coordinator bites, the WCO bites, and our AD bites.

Is that what you said in 2002?

No, I hate every time that the Huskers lose. But I am willing to except the fact that upsets do happen and that the sun will rise the next day. I, however do not jump of the ship if the road gets a little bumpy.

Oh, by the way, they were called upsets in 2002 so yes that is what I did call them back then too.

If you consider yourself to be a Cornhusker fan. Do you?

This is what cracks me up. People say things to me like the afore mentioned quote, makes me wonder this...

Are those of you who are willing to take the "wait and see" approach with Bill Callahan, going to sing the same tune, if he buries our beloved football team? I'm inclined to believe that every one with an optimistic attitude, hope he does well, so they can tell folks like myself, "I told you so".

See, the whole thing is, our team does suck right now. When was the last time we were 5-5 at this point in the season? What was the last year where we were only playing .500 ball, at this point of the season. I'm willing to bet the farm that almost none of us were.

Until the "train wreck" of 2002, yes, we were all spoiled. But, is it wrong to expect a certain excellence from your football team? Or, is it ok to be complacent, and hope that things will get better, when at this point, we're going to hell in a handbasket, with gasoline pants on, and Callahan's driving the bus...

QUOTE]

This is what cracks me up. People say things to me like the afore mentioned quote, makes me wonder this...

Are those of you who are willing to take the "wait and see" approach with Bill Callahan, going to sing the same tune, if he buries our beloved football team? I'm inclined to believe that every one with an optimistic attitude, hope he does well, so they can tell folks like myself, "I told you so".

Maybe people with the "wait and see" attitude are fans of the University of Nebraska no matter who the coach, record, system. Osborne did things I didn't agree with so did Solich and so does Callahan.(like Cosgrove) But at the end of the day can any of us actually change what is been/being done? No we can't, so sitting around crapping and moaning about things instead of cheering for a win is pretty childish. The option is gone I think it is time to move on.

Oh and couldn't you say that some of the people with negative attitudes just want to see Callahan fail so they can say "I told you so".

I don't care about saying I told you so I'm not too proud to say I was wrong if everything works out. But I fear I'm not wrong about this one and Callahan will continue to be a disaster and it will take years to get back to even where we were last year, let alone win a national championship. The only bright spot about Callahan's failure will be seeing Pedersen run out of town in shame and disgrace.

I don't care about saying I told you so I'm not too proud to say I was wrong if everything works out. But I fear I'm not wrong about this one and Callahan will continue to be a disaster and it will take years to get back to even where we were last year, let alone win a national championship. The only bright spot about Callahan's failure will be seeing Pedersen run out of town in shame and disgrace.

I agree that Pederson is a joker, but I think most AD's are just a step above used car salesmen. No hard feelings if anybody sales cars.

Maybe people with the "wait and see" attitude are fans of the University of Nebraska no matter who the coach, record, system. Osborne did things I didn't agree with so did Solich and so does Callahan.(like Cosgrove) But at the end of the day can any of us actually change what is been/being done? No we can't, so sitting around crapping and moaning about things instead of cheering for a win is pretty childish. The option is gone I think it is time to move on.

Oh and couldn't you say that some of the people with negative attitudes just want to see Callahan fail so they can say "I told you so".

So, the fans with the wait and see attitude are willing to, "man their ankles, and prepare to be boarded". You make the fans who are willing to wait and see seem like mindless automatons.

I'm giving him one more year. That's friggin it. I can't take anymore. Watching Big Red football with Bill Callahan at the helm, is like passing a stone. VERY PAINFUL. He just can't coach, bottom line, end of friggin list.

What has he done this year, anybody???

So, the fans with the wait and see attitude are willing to, "man their ankles, and prepare to be boarded". You make the fans who are willing to wait and see seem like mindless automatons.

I'm giving him one more year. That's friggin it. I can't take anymore. Watching Big Red football with Bill Callahan at the helm, is like passing a stone. VERY PAINFUL. He just can't coach, bottom line, end of friggin list.

What has he done this year, anybody???

Maybe we're just not so quick to jump ship if things get alittle rough. How does that make us mindless? I like how you tried to make it look like I was saying the wait and see people were mindless. If I was doing that I would be talking about myself. I guess if you sit around and complain all day about stuff YOU have no control over that is being openminded. Whatever dude Callahan is here for at least 5 years so you might as well get used to it. Go Big Red. Somebody pass the Kool-Aid.