Missouri or bust!

HuskerT

Hey fellow Husker fans, I'm packing up the RV and leaving CA for Missouri on Wednesday morning. I've never been to Columbia and I'm looking for some last minute advice. I'm still debating taking the wife and kids, but I hear it's a pretty hostel atmosphere over there and I'm wondering if I should take some buddies instead. I can't wait I hope to meet up with some you making the trip. GBR!!!!!!!!!!

Hey fellow Husker fans, I'm packing up the RV and leaving CA for Missouri on Wednesday morning. I've never been to Columbia and I'm looking for some last minute advice. I'm still debating taking the wife and kids, but I hear it's a pretty hostel atmosphere over there and I'm wondering if I should take some buddies instead. I can't wait I hope to meet up with some you making the trip. GBR!!!!!!!!!!

I can't ever remember a Husker having his family raped and pillaged. Take them with you and bond.

Just have 'Family Vacation' playing over and over again in the DVD player so all expections are exceeded.

Keep your friends Vinnie and Vino at home and send them back to Columbia if you get hassled. But you won't need them.

My Dad, 77 years old, went to Columbia without tickets with his g/f two years ago and some Mizzou supporter saw he needed two tickets his fingers. He invited him to sit with him in the suites with him because dad 'looked liked a good football fan' at face value.

There are great fans in all Big XII stadiums and a very small percentage of scums in every venue. I take pride in the fact that Nebraska (I hope we keep it up) has the lowest derelict / low lifes of all other major colleges.

I've never been so I have no input for ya. But I can say drive safe & enjoy it. Thanks for representing! GBR!

If you were MY husband, I'd be mad if you didn't take me and the kids!

And if he were MY husband, I'd be mad that no one had told me that i was gay!

My wife and I are going to the game. My son lives just outside of Columbia.

If you get a chance go to Jefferson City and do the Central Dairy. The best ice cream in the land according to my wife and son.

It is a beautiful state, and the leaves are just starting to turn.

PM me and I will get you my phone number. If enough are coming down I will try to put a small tailgate together.

We were there two years ago for the Troy game. Wore my Husker stuff and never had one single word of negativety towards me. My buddy wore his Wisconsin stuff, same there.

I am sure they will be wild and bushy tailed by game time though.

I was just wondering because I had a really bad experience at a sCUm game and I swore I would never put the family through that again. Those fans have absolutely no class, I can take the s##t talking, but not in front of women and children.

I have been to the last 3 games in columbia and the only bad thing we ran into was the idiots wearing the f$!k nebraska shirts in 2003.2005 was great cept we lost.You should not have a problem.P.S. if you really want to go to an away game and have fun, okie state is a riot.

Sounds good, thanks for the info. I'm leaving at 7AM this morning. Let's hope we'll be celebrating a Husker victory! GBR

KU can be a tough crowd...the apartment dwellers around the stadium get juiced and then have to throw "F" bombs in every sentence. It was enough to drive my then senior high daughter to K State. She was disgusted with their behavior and I was embarrassed for the wife and daughter too.

CU is equally as bad...but there they use the "f" bombs when throwing cans, bottles, and snowballs at you.

I haven't gone on the OU message boards to see how bad it must have been after the game Saturday.

KU can be a tough crowd...the apartment dwellers around the stadium get juiced and then have to throw "F" bombs in every sentence. It was enough to drive my then senior high daughter to K State. She was disgusted with their behavior and I was embarrassed for the wife and daughter too.

CU is equally as bad...but there they use the "f" bombs when throwing cans, bottles, and snowballs at you.

I haven't gone on the OU message boards to see how bad it must have been after the game Saturday.

I don't think I will EVER go to a game at Folsom due to their fans behavior.

I don't think I will EVER go to a game at Folsom due to their fans behavior.

I agree, I have had bad experiences at both KU and Colorado.