Marlon Lucky

huskerhaze

Marlon Lucky is tied for 3rd in the nation with 770 rushing and receiving yards amongst running backs.

I think the topic was based on his running ability but he has been a good back for us overall and an above average runner. I think a lot of people are merely stating that his hype would have had him as the 79th best back on yds per carry.

He should be a better runner but he is a decent back...just not great.

Decent back that has the 3rd most yards in the nation. More than any of the Heisman candidates that were pumped ad nauseum over the summer. Whatever, dude. I don't think he is the most awesome running back ever, but I think he gets 0 credit for as much as he does. I thought that stat would be pretty entertaining to throw out there. He is on pace for 2000 total yards this year.

ok, let's wait until the season is over to really evaluate his performance.

There will be even more excuses then as to why he sucks/can't live up to the hype. If he ends up with 2000 total yards, most will just call him a product of the system. Look for him to have a big game against Missouri. He needs to for Nebraska to win.

You don't read well do you. I said he needs to improve his running. He has the 10th most carries and averages 79th per carry. That needs to improve. He is a decent back and I would rank him of the top 10 in production but aren't we talking about talent level AS A RUNNER! That was my point.

Marlon Lucky is tied for 3rd in the nation with 770 rushing and receiving yards amongst running backs.

I think the topic was based on his running ability but he has been a good back for us overall and an above average runner. I think a lot of people are merely stating that his hype would have had him as the 79th best back on yds per carry.

Decent back that has the 3rd most yards in the nation. More than any of the Heisman candidates that were pumped ad nauseum over the summer. Whatever, dude. I don't think he is the most awesome running back ever, but I think he gets 0 credit for as much as he does. I thought that stat would be pretty entertaining to throw out there. He is on pace for 2000 total yards this year.

2000 that's it? :sarcasm The way people are acting on this board, he'll need 3000yds rushing alone to make him good. Maybe he should've just transfered when he had the chance. Then we wouldn't be stuck with this average running back. :sarcasm

2000 that's it? :sarcasm The way people are acting on this board, he'll need 3000yds rushing alone to make him good. Maybe he should've just transfered when he had the chance. Then we wouldn't be stuck with this average running back. :sarcasm

Who said average???? I said "good back for us overall and an above avg runner" He has a ton of receiving yds which make up almost 30% of his total yds so he is a good back overall. These comments were on his running only. He has been an average runner the last 4 weeks...emphasis on RUNNER.

Do you guys read the entire post?

ok, let's wait until the season is over to really evaluate his performance.

There will be even more excuses then as to why he sucks/can't live up to the hype. If he ends up with 2000 total yards, most will just call him a product of the system. Look for him to have a big game against Missouri. He needs to for Nebraska to win.

You don't read well do you. I said he needs to improve his running. He has the 10th most carries and averages 79th per carry. That needs to improve. He is a decent back and I would rank him of the top 10 in production but aren't we talking about talent level AS A RUNNER! That was my point.

Of course he can improve. I think that he has done fairly well, so far. 5.2 yards per carry is hardly something to sneeze at. He isn't Mike Rozier or Ahman Green for sure, though. You don't comprehend well, do you? I was just pointing out that despite all that he has done he receives almost no credit for it. That was my point and it continues to be proven.

Actually, I think we're talking about his ability as a RB. This includes more than just running the ball. Husker RB's of old did just run the ball, but now they must run; block; and catch passes. When you factor in everything he does, he's better than average. He's been a good back for us.

Exactly, thanks Junior. :thumbs

He is a good back for this offense. I think he is a top 20 back in the country and yes you should evaluate a RB completely. That is my point. I called his running ability above average but his catching ability is way up there in the nation. He is a good back but if he isn't a great runner then he can't be a great back. Good, yes. Need improvement on running, yes. Good for us, definitely.

And anyone who compares him to any back prior to Cally is wasting their time. First, he will never be that good. Second, offenses are totally differnt. Third, he is built differently for today's standards. He isn't a Jackson or Glenn type back.

We got spoiled with all the great backs and lines year after year. Now it's trying to be a passing offense. What great back wants to come to a school where his ability to do his thing is turned down to 1 run every 4-6 plays?

Yep and the bad thing is were not even getting the great receivers or tightends now.

:rollin:rollin:thumbs

He is a good back for this offense. I think he is a top 20 back in the country and yes you should evaluate a RB completely. That is my point. I called his running ability above average but his catching ability is way up there in the nation. He is a good back but if he isn't a great runner then he can't be a great back. Good, yes. Need improvement on running, yes. Good for us, definitely.

And anyone who compares him to any back prior to Cally is wasting their time. First, he will never be that good. Second, offenses are totally differnt. Third, he is built differently for today's standards. He isn't a Jackson or Glenn type back.

I'd agree with that. :cheers duder Here's to Marlon having a 200 total yard day against the Mizzpoo Tigers in DA RAIN OMG!!1 :nanalama