Meno Holt and Mo Purify

Ok so I was at the game on saturday and I noticed that Meno Holt was wearing number 32. Did he switch positions or what is going on with that? Maybe I just read the name on the back of the jersey wrong or maybe we have another Holt, but I dont think so. Also what in the sam hell is the deal with Purify going out every other play? He comes in makes a play then goes out. Comes in makes a play then goes out... over and over and over. Our best receiver catches two or three balls the whole game? Are you kidding me? I would throw that screen pass to him at least three or four times a game to loosen up the defense. I still cant even express how much I want Erickson to never step on the field for a play ever again. I know Callahan likes to spread the ball around so nobody can key in on one guy, much like the patriots do, or did. Look what happened when they got an all pro receiver. They get him involved in the game!! As in more than 2 or three catches!! Throw the damn ball to him at least ten times a game and play him 70-0% of the time!!

Holt seems like another guy who came with lots of fanfare, but has yet to impress.

Just give it some time. WE didn't lose any recievers from last year, so there wasn't any additional playing time for Holt to get. Next year will be the year to see if Holt, Henry, Brooks, and maybe even Paul can play at this level.

Holt seems like another guy who came with lots of fanfare, but has yet to impress.

Just give it some time. WE didn't lose any recievers from last year, so there wasn't any additional playing time for Holt to get. Next year will be the year to see if Holt, Henry, Brooks, and maybe even Paul can play at this level.

i think it is a given, Brooks is a bust.

How is it a given that Brooks is a bust. Because it is his redshirt sophomore year, and he is not playing ahead of four seniors and two juniors? I think we get way too caught up in the star ratings of recruits and don't let them develop before labeling players "bust".

same could have been said about larry johnson at this stage in his career, both in colledge and in the NFL.

Holt and Asante are both on the field for the Kick return so one of them had to change their number.

if Holt is 32 then what is mendoza because 2 offensive players cant be same number

Mendoza is also #32, but it looks like he will be redshirting this year....

Menelik Holt must have found out he was on the KO return team late in the week, because 'HOLT' on the back of his #32 jersey was a stitched-on patch.

On a side note:

I'll be an interested observer of youngsters Meno Holt, Will Henry, Curenski Gilleyen and Niles Paul during their Husker careers. They all bring something different to the table.....