Their defense is actually worse than NU's ...statistically anyway

I'm just curious as to how good their offense really is. The announcers at the Ok. St./Troy game were talking about how hyped Ok. St. was on offense because they couldn't do much all game. I wonder if Missouri is the same way. I don't think it will be as high-scoring as some people think. I think the blackshirts will step up for this one and throw them out of rhythm. If we can stay consistent in the passing game and rack up some rushing yardage, I say we come away from this one with a win. Their home field advantage will only go so far.

KEY STATS:

and there level of competition is much worse

Rushing defense 189.60 92nd 12th 158.75 71st 9th

Pass defense 219.00 58th 8th 275.75 104th 11th

Pass eff. defense 106.59 25th 3rd 123.29 64th 10th

Total defense 408.60 77th 9th 434.50 93rd 11th

Statistically the Tigers defense hasn't been stellar I agree, but when you speak of competition, Nebraska has played USC yes, but Wake played their second string QB. Then you look at Iowa State, Ball State and Idaho.. not exactly murderer's row.

Definitely give a pass on the USC game, that is a professional offense. But the rest of the Nebraska schedule is probably even if not less than MU's.

KEY STATS:

Statistically the Tigers defense hasn't been stellar I agree, but when you speak of competition, Nebraska has played USC yes, but Wake played their second string QB. Then you look at Iowa State, Ball State and Idaho.. not exactly murderer's row.

Definitely give a pass on the USC game, that is a professional offense. But the rest of the Nebraska schedule is probably even if not less than MU's.

The one thing that gives me hope about our (Mizzou's) defense is that we have been fairly effective in our red zone defense. I think we were actually ranked first in the big 12 in red zone defense and 2nd in the conference in turnovers. (Don't quote me on those stats.) If we can give up field goals instead of touchdowns and force some turnovers I think/hope that will give us the edge. In any event, it is going to be an exciting game.

My son has been to two of their games so far this year. He says the defense is terrible. Can not stop anything. He also says Daniels throws a lot of interceptions and should have more than he does, at least 5-6 more that he has seen.

Wake's second string QB is suppose to be within and eyelash of their starter. For what ever that means.

I would have preferred a day game, but who knows.

I will be there, we leave Thursday nite. Bought season tickets just to go to this game basically. But will be moving there with in the next two years it seems.

My son has been to two of their games so far this year. He says the defense is terrible. Can not stop anything. He also says Daniels throws a lot of interceptions and should have more than he does, at least 5-6 more that he has seen.

Wake's second string QB is suppose to be within and eyelash of their starter. For what ever that means.

I would have preferred a day game, but who knows.

I will be there, we leave Thursday nite. Bought season tickets just to go to this game basically. But will be moving there with in the next two years it seems.

Well, I have been to three Mizzou games so far this year, andI would agree with the assessment that the D is not good, however, I stick by what I said about our red zone offense.

As for the Chase Daniel interceptions, he has thrown a couple the last two games. They were forced throws, but I don't expect that to continue. If you look back beyond the last two games, Chase had thrown 200+ passes without an interception. I don't agree that he should have thrown at least 5-6 more interceptions than he has.

I'm just curious as to how good their offense really is. The announcers at the Ok. St./Troy game were talking about how hyped Ok. St. was on offense because they couldn't do much all game. I wonder if Missouri is the same way. I don't think it will be as high-scoring as some people think. I think the blackshirts will step up for this one and throw them out of rhythm. If we can stay consistent in the passing game and rack up some rushing yardage, I say we come away from this one with a win. Their home field advantage will only go so far.

I agree....if we can score quickly in the first quarter, their crowd will pretty much be out of it unless they start coming back.

I agree....if we can score quickly in the first quarter, their crowd will pretty much be out of it unless they start coming back.

I also agree with what someone said earlier about Mizzou having some big/trick plays early and that if NU gets through those they have a better chance at a win. We (Mizzou) always have most of our first couple series as scripted plays. We rarely fail to score on our first drive and often it is a big play such as the 17 second drive against Western Michigan. Going back to last season, if we are stopped early like we were against A&M, then we get into trouble.

KEY STATS:

Err.. Nevada?

Mizzou and Nebraska both have under-performing defenses and good offenses. We will pass and pass and pass some more on Mizzou. And Mizzou will probably pass and pass and pass some more on us.

This game will probably come down to some key turnovers, broken plays, and key stops late in the game. I look at the game being pretty much neck and neck and a turnover or stalled drive late in the game will mean the difference.

KEY STATS:

Err.. Nevada?

Mizzou and Nebraska both have under-performing defenses and good offenses. We will pass and pass and pass some more on Mizzou. And Mizzou will probably pass and pass and pass some more on us.

This game will probably come down to some key turnovers, broken plays, and key stops late in the game. I look at the game being pretty much neck and neck and a turnover or stalled drive late in the game will mean the difference.

If Jeremy Maclin can run back a punt like he has already done twice this year, that could also give Mizzou an edge.