08 Draft

I would think Bowman definitely right?

Also what about Byford, I just don't know that much about him but everyone says he's an excellent center.

Sean Hill is having a productive year too. He's big, has good hands. Not sure how good a blocker is, if he's really fast enough, or what other TE talent is coming out this year.

Too early to have this conversation. After 5 games, BJax had 154 yards on 27 carries and 2 TDs. I'm sure that by these numbers, everyone expected him to go in the 2nd round.

Not too early. The draft rarely has to do with pure stats. The combine will decide everyone of these guys. Stats are if someone has some off the chart stats like Colt Brennan, etc. By the plays on the field, speed and athletic ability to can make these assessments.

And I think this is about speculation anyway. I doubt anybody on this board is close enough to be able to accurately gauge this.

First of all grixby is not too small to play corner in the nfl. I would say the average height of a corner in the nfl is around 5'10 or 5'11. IMO Keller, Octavien, Grixby, Bowman, and Nicks will all go in the second or third round. To back that up Keller is having a pretty good year up till now and will only get better in a PRO offense, which is appealing to an nfl team. Octavien is a damn athletic linebacker who is built in the same mold as Ernie Simms, he just needs to prove that he can stay healthy for a whole year. Now look back at Fabian Washington, he was projected as a late round pick until the combine where he put up good numbers and he jumped up all the way to the third round. Grixby IMO will do the same thing. We all know that he has a huge vertical, decent speed and is quick as a jackrabbit. He will drastically improve his draft stock bc the draft is all about combine numbers. Bowman is a 6'2 corner who has been injured the last two years, but has huge upside. You dont find many 6'2 corners who can run and jump like Bowman can, again he combine will do huge things for Bowman. IMO Nicks has the most to prove out of any of the guys I have mentioned so far being as how this is only his first year starting and second year in the D1 football. However, I think he has done a remarkable job and he will also only get better. I also do think that Ruud will get drafted. There must be things that PROS see in Ruud that the normal person does not. He got voted all big 12 last year and was on the pre season list again this year. He is 6'3 and about 230 and has pretty good speed. I know he hits like a fourth grade girl but he will without a doubt get drafted. I dont think Byford will get drafted but that is just my opinion. Some others could emerge or go very late, someone like Nunn who yes he is inconsitant but he is a four year starter and has a very good grasp on the west coast offense and has decent speed. He might just be worth a late round pick for someone in need of a receiver.