Who's going first????

kramer

We're 9 games into the season and we look clueless and poorly coached. We let one of the worst offensive teams in the nation hang 34 on us. I understand we don't have the greatest players but the same was true last year and we went 10-3. Our defense was supposes to be one of the top in the nation but has not been consistent over a 2 week period.

I think Phil Elmassian is top in line for being the sacrificial lamb. He took an all- american secondary and turned them into a mediocre unit. It has been reported that players are alienated by his coaching style and he has gotten into it with other coaches.

His past coaching history is spotted and it's a mystery why he was hired in the first place.

I imagine someone will get hacked, and Phil seems like a top candidate. The same thing will happen at Mizzou after their debacle of a season ends - they will fire their O Coordinator. And then when they realize they still stink, Pinkel will get wacked next season.

Personally Im not so sure Cosgrove isnt the main problem, but I dont see him going anywhere without Cally...

I imagine someone will get hacked, and Phil seems like a top candidate. The same thing will happen at Mizzou after their debacle of a season ends - they will fire their O Coordinator. And then when they realize they still stink, Pinkel will get wacked next season.

Personally Im not so sure Cosgrove isnt the main problem, but I dont see him going anywhere without Cally...

I think it will be Callahan's call, not Pederson's. We had Sander, that would have been nice

A wise man once said "A fish rots from the head down." Interpret that how you will, but I have no problem with Elmassian. If anything, it's the entire defensive scheme that seems poor. I grasp your point about our secondary, but it may be jumping to conclusions to automatically assume it's the secondary coach. Maybe they were in a better position to succeed last year. Maybe they're better zone players. I'm sure Cosgrove is the one who decides what we're doing defensively from game to game, and if it's not playing to the strengths of your personnel, then there's the problem.

I look at what Wisconsin was able to do in a year. Last year their defense was horrible. This year, with largely the same players, they are close to the top in the nation in total defense. That's impressive. We just need to find out what they did between this year and last, and see if we can mirror that. :devil

c-husker

A wise man once said "A fish rots from the head down." Interpret that how you will, but I have no problem with Elmassian. If anything, it's the entire defensive scheme that seems poor. I grasp your point about our secondary, but it may be jumping to conclusions to automatically assume it's the secondary coach. Maybe they were in a better position to succeed last year. Maybe they're better zone players. I'm sure Cosgrove is the one who decides what we're doing defensively from game to game, and if it's not playing to the strengths of your personnel, then there's the problem.

I look at what Wisconsin was able to do in a year. Last year their defense was horrible. This year, with largely the same players, they are close to the top in the nation in total defense. That's impressive. We just need to find out what they did between this year and last, and see if we can mirror that. :devil

c-husker

that will be simple to do Wisc lost Cosgrove as D Cord so all Nebraska has to do is fire the looser err COsgrove

c-husker

What the..... He has coached over 15 teams in like 20 years. This is not by coincedence. Not because he's great, because he's an idiot. I loud mouthed idiot.

Found this tidbit

Speaking on coaching vacancies, I've got a little "hot" information for you all.

I won't start a new thread so as not to draw to much attention to it...BUT, there will be probably some room on the defensive staff next year. Probably not the one people want, but if this vacancy comes true, you'll probably see the return of someone from last years staff. Namely the one defensive coach Callahan wanted to keep.

Keep your ears open

Found this tidbit

Speaking on coaching vacancies, I've got a little "hot" information for you all.

I won't start a new thread so as not to draw to much attention to it...BUT, there will be probably some room on the defensive staff next year. Probably not the one people want, but if this vacancy comes true, you'll probably see the return of someone from last years staff. Namely the one defensive coach Callahan wanted to keep.

Keep your ears open

And where did you find this tid bit?

Found this tidbit

Keep your ears open

That's a big joke. If you believe that I got some land I wanna sell you. Callahan got to hand pick every coach he wanted besides gill who pederson made him keep.

Found this tidbit

Keep your ears open

That's a big joke. If you believe that I got some land I wanna sell you. Callahan got to hand pick every coach he wanted besides gill who pederson made him keep.

He scrambled to put this staff together so they could hit recruiting. I heard a rumor that Benard was going to get the head job. :wacko: