Chants

I love it that right before the tunnel walk the cheer leaders hold up the signs HUSKER......POWER gives me goosebumps EVERY time. But i was just wondering why cant they hold up signs that say BLACK......SHIRTS, like right before the defense takes the field and/or after a three and out??

Go ahead and marinate on that for a minute That is all for now

WOW..............Blackshirts = 1 word..........Husker Power = 2 words

Nice try though.......NOT!

Go ahead and marinate on it......how terrible would it sound to have black......................pause................shirts chanted. Husker Power is cool though!

Good point however, When you take ONE word that is TWO syllabes it almost can sound like TWO words. Case in point South Carolina vs Kentucky Gamecocks is one word two syllables...correct?

When the one side of the stadium shouted GAME then the other shouted c$%ks it sounded pretty darn good. Or when you break up DE.....pause.....fense again one word two syllables sounds almost like to totally different words

it wouldn't sound bad to break up black-shirts.

i have said this before:

as a little kid who went to over 35 home games in my life, then not being able to go for about 12 years, then finally started having time and money to make it back i was disappointed how everyone stares at the boob tubes during the games. back in the day, before ANY Husker Vision it seemed the crowd was much more in tune to the game and cheering simply for the fact of making noise and being as one loud body.

then came the first 2 screens which enhanced crowd noise and was able to show tunnel walks, replays, cool graphics, etc...that still helped pump up the crowd.

now there is the giangantic screen, which looks cool and really makes a strong statement, but i truly believe it takes away from the crowd noise and interaction. it shows friggin commercials for crap sakes. during timeouts, we used to do double-crossing wave, HuskerPower chants, GO BIG RED chants, student section had their stuff, D-fense, you get the point.

it can still be loud and seeing huge replays and stuff is great and obviously for recruiting, but IMO, it has actually taken away from an authentic gameday fan/action interaction.

it wouldn't sound bad to break up black-shirts.

i have said this before:

as a little kid who went to over 35 home games in my life, then not being able to go for about 12 years, then finally started having time and money to make it back i was disappointed how everyone stares at the boob tubes during the games. back in the day, before ANY Husker Vision it seemed the crowd was much more in tune to the game and cheering simply for the fact of making noise and being as one loud body.

then came the first 2 screens which enhanced crowd noise and was able to show tunnel walks, replays, cool graphics, etc...that still helped pump up the crowd.

now there is the giangantic screen, which looks cool and really makes a strong statement, but i truly believe it takes away from the crowd noise and interaction. it shows friggin commercials for crap sakes. during timeouts, we used to do double-crossing wave, HuskerPower chants, GO BIG RED chants, student section had their stuff, D-fense, you get the point.

it can still be loud and seeing huge replays and stuff is great and obviously for recruiting, but IMO, it has actually taken away from an authentic gameday fan/action interaction.

Yes Yes Yes a thousand times YES! I agree 100%. Keep in mind I'm in the HuskerVision generation which means that the screens have been around as long as I can remember and I haven't been to a game without them there. I loved after an absence of 7 years to be able to scream HUSKER POWER in 2005 before the Tunnel Walk but in 2006 with the new screen, no one was doing HUSKER POWER at the 2006 Troy game and they didn't even try to start it for the 2006 Colorado game! This year against Ball State, they tried to start it during the Tunnel Walk and it just didn't work. Ditch the glitzy highlights before the Tunnel Walk, let the crowd scream HUSKER POWER. I love listening to the band and I love in between possessions hearing them play. I don't like hearing them play then be interrupted by "HUSKER FANS, DON'T FORGET TO VISIT YOUR NEAREST MIDWEST FORD DEALER. FORD, THE OFFICIAL SPONSOR OF HUSKER ATHLETICS." I want a true college atmosphere!

I love the chants...anything to get the d fired up or rewarded cannot hurt.

Oh, the good old days when more than half the stadiums in Manhattan, Lawrence, et al were filled with at least 50/50 'sker fans and the chants would start. I would be sitting with customers from the home school and they were in awe. As in AWESOME!