Boycott Memorial Stadium

That streak is all that remains of Husker football, we haven't seen Husker football played in 4 years. The tickets are already sold and as the fellow true blue husker fans have pointed out the few tickets that might get put up for sale will be grabbed up by us fans who know what Husker football is all about. I don't think our streak will end, just the streak of pride, determination, we don't rebuild we just reload etc. Those things are gone and only a new change from AD down through the coaches will bring it back. It can come back cause we are Huskers.

Hahahaha....the ONE thing that the fans can do, and some of you aren't willing to do it. ANYONE who goes to a game at this point is supporting mediocrity. Just make sure you're ready to lie in the bed you are making for yourself.

It's what I've been saying all morning. The advertisers are the ones that need to be hit, and that happens when the fans walk out. These players have quit on us as much as the coaches have wrecked everything we've built here. There's nothing left to support.

Follow the money. Hit the advertisers. Don't buy Fairbury hotdogs, don't eat Vals Pizza, call them if you have to. But whatever you do, don't show up to that stadium in support of what's going on. Something is rotten in the state of Denmark. I see no other way to take Pederson down.

X

That streak is all that remains of Husker football, we haven't seen Husker football played in 4 years. The tickets are already sold and as the fellow true blue husker fans have pointed out the few tickets that might get put up for sale will be grabbed up by us fans who know what Husker football is all about. I don't think our streak will end, just the streak of pride, determination, we don't rebuild we just reload etc. Those things are gone and only a new change from AD down through the coaches will bring it back. It can come back cause we are Huskers.

Yes it would make Husker fans look like fair weather fans if all of a sudden when the team is down that people stop showing up.

The change would have to go one higher if you ask me. The Chancellor is the one that gave Pederson the job then after seeing all the programs get worse he goes and gives him an extension. That in cause gave Pederson a chance to extend Bills.

Yes it would make Husker fans look like fair weather fans if all of a sudden when the team is down that people stop showing up.

The change would have to go one higher if you ask me. The Chancellor is the one that gave Pederson the job then after seeing all the programs get worse he goes and gives him an extension. That in cause gave Pederson a chance to extend Bills.

We're backed into a corner man. If you love Nebraska football, if you really love it, we're going to have to do something drastic, something no one thought would ever happen. Pederson is the devil, and he's planted himself firmly in the destruction of this program, and he's not leaving of his own accord. Money is all that talks, but it is loud enough. Break the streak, break Pederson.

X

Hahahaha....the ONE thing that the fans can do, and some of you aren't willing to do it. ANYONE who goes to a game at this point is supporting mediocrity. Just make sure you're ready to lie in the bed you are making for yourself.

Spoken like a true generation x'er. We can still show recruits around the country that the fans here at NU will support THEM and our once proud program. Have some class and fortitude and stand behing your team. Lets not abandon the kids and our once proud tradition. Heads should roll,but you may be loping your own head off by not supporting our program and hiding behind a keyboard and spouting. I will be there in support of our team and the kids on the field :woo

Pedersen has to go for things to change. He isn't going to be gone and we all know that. :hmmph

Pedersen has to go for things to change. He isn't going to be gone and we all know that. :hmmph

Look, I don't like him either, but he's right. Sure, he's immature and doesn't really contribute anything, but forget about him and work with the idea. We just need to ask, "What needs to happen for this staff to be let go?" With their extensions, it's very tough. But money is still money, and it comes through ticket sales, and advertising. Take them down, the staff goes down.

I agree with the boycott.

The program has become increasingly elitist anyway; our "public" university has jacked up ticket prices and utilize pay-per-view so much that the average fan can't even think about seeing a game. Cornhusker game attendance has always been a bragging point for those with the cash and connections.

Yeah, I would say to boycott it, but it won't happen. You'll still see the legions of old golfers and car salesmen out there anyway.

We taxpayers are being ripped off, big time.

B)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Oct 7 2007, 09:05 AM) 232803[/snapback]

Even though I was born and raised in Nebraska, I have never been to a Husker game in Lincoln. My lifes dream is to get back home and go to a home game one day. There have to be thousands of people just like me who would kill to get to go to one single home game, no matter what the outcome is.

If some of you to just walk away from the team and leave your seat empty, it would be disrespectful not only to the team, the school, the state, but to all of us fans who probably never will have that opportunity.

I completely agree. There are fans that have never been to a Husker football game in Lincoln, like myself and would love to see them play....not matter how bad or good. I think keeping the sellout streak is very important for the Huskers. If you want to send a statement, send a statement in writing about what you think about the coaches.

Last night was just a plain embarrassment for me. The defense just gave up and put their heads down. I even saw Lucky in the second quarter walking around with his head down. These coaches need to find out what is going to make these guys go and use it.

Coz needs to go, we all know that. The big question is when and who has the cajones to step up and get rid of him?

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Husker B @ Oct 7 2007, 09:05 AM) 232803[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Even though I was born and raised in Nebraska, I have never been to a Husker game in Lincoln. My lifes dream is to get back home and go to a home game one day. There have to be thousands of people just like me who would kill to get to go to one single home game, no matter what the outcome is.

If some of you to just walk away from the team and leave your seat empty, it would be disrespectful not only to the team, the school, the state, but to all of us fans who probably never will have that opportunity.

I completely agree. There are fans that have never been to a Husker football game in Lincoln, like myself and would love to see them play....not matter how bad or good. I think keeping the sellout streak is very important for the Huskers. If you want to send a statement, send a statement in writing about what you think about the coaches.

Last night was just a plain embarrassment for me. The defense just gave up and put their heads down. I even saw Lucky in the second quarter walking around with his head down. These coaches need to find out what is going to make these guys go and use it.

Coz needs to go, we all know that. The big question is when and who has the cajones to step up and get rid of him?

I really sympathize with all you fans who have never been to a game. I started going to games at Memorial stadium in 1948.

I hate to say this, but I know enough personal stuff about Pederson to opine that he will never pay a bit of attention to letters, or such. The only way to get through his arrogance would be financial pressure on the Administration. A small boycott of a couple of home games isn't going to do that. What needs to happen is to get to the big donors and help them decide to threaten withdrawing $$$$.

And, I think the best idea I have heard so far is to get the regents to force Perlman to fire Pederson and get T.O. to take over as AD.

So all these people that want this streak alive would say - I don't care the we are going 0 for the season - I'm still going to go to keep the streak alive????? Our dollars are the ONLY WAY we can get change. THIS IS A BUSINESS and as long as it is making money - why would it change????

I know I was planning on going to a couple of games the rest of the season and my plans have changed. For all of those people who want to say "Fine we don't need you as a fan" - It is not that I do not support the TEAM and specifically THE PLAYERS, but I have stopped supporting the coach and eve moreso the egomaniacal athletic director. Since I am not a big time donor, my only way to show my non-confidence is to no longer spend money on the Huskers until we start showing some improvement.

if you guys are talking about the one streak and the only streak that we are able to control then HELL F-N NO The sellout streak will live on even though this is on bad road that is one streak that should never ever fall!!

This is the one "record" that will never fall -- I use it the quotations on purpose -- when boosters or the athletic department step in to snatch up the last 300 tickets to Nichols State or Ball State or any other team, the "sellout streak" is more mythical than the old national championships won in the polls.