Steve Pederson must be fired!!!! Time to remove the trash from Memorial Stadium!

Unfotrunately I have tickets for the OSU game. I will go to the game as I will be in Lincoln to visit gramdma anyway. What if we all watched the game with our backs to the field? Or would that look to much like we were dissing the players and not the coaching staff?

I have 10 tix to the A&M game. have family flying in from NY and Nevada. I too will be visiting grandma. I feel bad that my family has made plans and spent that much money to come all the way to Lincoln to see this less than desirable product on the field. But the tradition and the aura of Memorial Stadium is fantastic.

If everyone who went to the game would refuse to buy a Fairbuy Hot Dog, Coke, Runza, Val's Pizza.... The $$$ would certainly start talking to the regents.

But they're sooo good!

What is wrong with everyone? We just need to give this staff more time. There is still a lot of things they need time to accomplish. BC is a steal so I'm told, and we should all be greatful for this gift Stevie Pedersucker gave us. Frank Solich is the devil. It's because he couldn't bring in 25 5star recruits per year that we're in the situation we're in. By the way, I'm pretty sure Saturday's loss can be attributed to the team watching too many Terrance and Phillips shows.

:sarcasm

I’ve said it for 4 years – Steve Pederson must go. His big fat ego has brought nothing but doom and gloom – Nebraska is a joke to the national scene – they all laugh at the current state of things because after 30+ years of consistency, Nebraska is now just like everyone else. After 30+ years of Nebraska always being there – at the top – they are very nearly bottom feeders – we’re becoming Baylor, or Iowa State of the 1980s. Steve Pederson kicked the family out of Nebraska, turned his back on the traditions, brought in an outsider with a businessman’s emotionless NFL coaching philosophy and game plan, and has since done everything possible to say this is a success while the results DO NOT back up a single word that has come out of his mouth.

The Nebraska Cornhuskers have NO fire, NO determination, NO attitude all because they have NO coaching. I am sick to death of the “gentlemen Cornhuskers”. The men that strap on the pads play with the same emotion that they are taught by their coaches. Give me one fired up Bo Pelini type coach, one Blackshirt that bangs chairs over his head before games to get himself in the mood to stand over crumpled opponents while showing the skull and bones salute to dominance on the field, and one quarterback, or running back, or wideout, that will lower his shoulder into a linebacker to take a first down because he wants it, and by God a linebacker isn’t going to stop him. With those three men, the Cornhuskers will be right back where they were before Steve Pederson, and in spite of Steve Pederson.

I am also sick to death of hearing that Solich couldn’t recruit, that Solich was bringing the program down, that Solich had to go to keep the program from giving up the Big XII to Kansas and Missouri and Kansas State and Colorado and Texas and Oklahoma – oh, wait, Steve just said Oklahoma and Texas. And yet we can’t even beat Missouri, and manage to squeak out a 1 point win with Ball State. And when Steve Pederson sends his daughter off to school, where does he send her? No, no, no, not the University of Nebraska – that’s not good enough for Stevie’s little girl. He packs her up and sends her right off to Austin, Texas.

Steve Pederson must go – facilities may be better, but that’s due to the commitment of boosters and fans, NOT a credit to Pederson. Bill Callahan must go – he cannot figure out how to win games, and when he knows he outclassed in coaching, he goes into a game with a mindset of not losing big. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. End result – another loss for the Cornhuskers, and sometimes its more humiliation for the Cornhuskers. Most definitely Kevin Cosgrove must go – in his 4th year the defense should trust his system, they should trust each other, they should play like madmen on fire, and they should stop the opposing offense. Nope – ain’t happening – his best was in year 3, but they allowed more than 330 ypg – Solich had 3 years with under 300, and 2 more years that were still better than Cosgrove’s best.

the asterisk indicates year in progress…

Solich’s best offense is better than BC’s best, and Solich has 2 years that are still better than any BC year; Solich’s worst years are better than BC’s worst:

Solich, in order: 384.9, 392.2, 459.9, 451.2, 373.1, 345.0

BC in order: 363.2, 320.3, 414.6, 439.3*

Solich’s defense (yards per game allowed) was better than BC’s in 5 of 6 years Solich was at NU – the one bad year was still a bowl game, and the next year with Pelini was better – in fact, Solich’s worst year is almost as good as 3 of 4 BC years – note the rebound after the worst year:

Solich, in order: 313.7, 252.2, 321.8, 287.2, 361.9, 297.2

BC in order: 371.6, 332.2, 331.3, 441.5*

Solich scored more points, and had 2 years that are still ahead of BC’s best year – Solich’s worst isn’t as bad as BC’s worst:

Solich, in order: 383, 411, 456, 449, 383, 322

BC, in order: 275, 296, 428, 185*

Solich kept the bad guys from scoring more, except the one bad year – big rebound the next year – BC has yet to stop scoring:

Solich, in order: 183, 150, 213, 189, 335, 188

BC in order: 298, 252, 256, 174*

Its true that Solich’s numbers are not as good as the good doctor, but they were going back up from the bad stretch he had – what would have happened with one more year of Solich? Our losses BC’s first year – Southern Miss by 4, Texas Tech - humiliation, K State – another humiliation, Iowa State by 7, Oklahoma by 27, Colorado by 6. Nebraska never lost a game to Texas Tech until BC showed up. The 4 points at Southern Miss? I think we could have picked them up, and the 7 at ISU, and the 6 at Colorado. Six losses now become 2 losses. And the bowl game streak stays intact. And the non-losing season streak. Oh yeah – pride sticks around, too. And the family – that would have stuck around.

What has BC done?

2004 Texas Tech 70-10

2004 KSU 45-21

2005 Missouri 41-24

2005 Kansas 40-15

2006 USC 28-10 – he didn’t go to win

2006 OSU 41-29

2007 USC 49-31

2007 Ball State 41-40

2007 Missouri 41-6

Its ridiculous. The whole thing is ridiculous. When a coach goes 6-6 and the AD says “fix it” and the coach goes then goes 10-3. AD says: Nope, not fixed – we need a new coach. New coach comes in. Numbers are worse. Records gone. Stats suck. Team morale is MIA. Fans NOT happy, though every now and then they swallow the kool-aid, only to be kicked in the guts again, and again, and again.

As long as Steve Pederson is the AD, I will NOT wear another Husker shirt or hat. I will not carry a Husker lunch bag. I will not watch another Huskers game. My biggest regret in life is in not taking the opportunity to spit in that $%#&@*! face when I had the chance at the NU-ATM game in the fall of 2006. The guy was 10 feet away – all I had to do was walk over there and spit, but I didn’t do it. And I will regret that my whole life. The man has humiliated ALL Husker fans, and my only chance to give a little back and I didn’t do it.

You can post what you want about anything I said. I'll NEVER see it. I won't come in here to look at it. I won't respond to it. Anyone that thinks I'm wrong can do so at your leisure. It doesn't bother me. As a Husker fan, Stevie P has humiliated us enough that anything anyone in here says won't bother me in the least.

I've drank the kool-aid one too many times and I'm done with it until He is GONE.

Wow!

Those are powerful stats.

I’ve said it for 4 years – Steve Pederson must go. His big fat ego has brought nothing but doom and gloom – Nebraska is a joke to the national scene – they all laugh at the current state of things because after 30+ years of consistency, Nebraska is now just like everyone else. After 30+ years of Nebraska always being there – at the top – they are very nearly bottom feeders – we’re becoming Baylor, or Iowa State of the 1980s. Steve Pederson kicked the family out of Nebraska, turned his back on the traditions, brought in an outsider with a businessman’s emotionless NFL coaching philosophy and game plan, and has since done everything possible to say this is a success while the results DO NOT back up a single word that has come out of his mouth.

The Nebraska Cornhuskers have NO fire, NO determination, NO attitude all because they have NO coaching. I am sick to death of the “gentlemen Cornhuskers”. The men that strap on the pads play with the same emotion that they are taught by their coaches. Give me one fired up Bo Pelini type coach, one Blackshirt that bangs chairs over his head before games to get himself in the mood to stand over crumpled opponents while showing the skull and bones salute to dominance on the field, and one quarterback, or running back, or wideout, that will lower his shoulder into a linebacker to take a first down because he wants it, and by God a linebacker isn’t going to stop him. With those three men, the Cornhuskers will be right back where they were before Steve Pederson, and in spite of Steve Pederson.

I am also sick to death of hearing that Solich couldn’t recruit, that Solich was bringing the program down, that Solich had to go to keep the program from giving up the Big XII to Kansas and Missouri and Kansas State and Colorado and Texas and Oklahoma – oh, wait, Steve just said Oklahoma and Texas. And yet we can’t even beat Missouri, and manage to squeak out a 1 point win with Ball State. And when Steve Pederson sends his daughter off to school, where does he send her? No, no, no, not the University of Nebraska – that’s not good enough for Stevie’s little girl. He packs her up and sends her right off to Austin, Texas.

Steve Pederson must go – facilities may be better, but that’s due to the commitment of boosters and fans, NOT a credit to Pederson. Bill Callahan must go – he cannot figure out how to win games, and when he knows he outclassed in coaching, he goes into a game with a mindset of not losing big. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. End result – another loss for the Cornhuskers, and sometimes its more humiliation for the Cornhuskers. Most definitely Kevin Cosgrove must go – in his 4th year the defense should trust his system, they should trust each other, they should play like madmen on fire, and they should stop the opposing offense. Nope – ain’t happening – his best was in year 3, but they allowed more than 330 ypg – Solich had 3 years with under 300, and 2 more years that were still better than Cosgrove’s best.

Solich’s best offense is better than BC’s best, and Solich has 2 years that are still better than any BC year; Solich’s worst years are better than BC’s worst:

Solich’s defense (yards per game allowed) was better than BC’s in 5 of 6 years Solich was at NU – the one bad year was still a bowl game, and the next year with Pelini was better – in fact, Solich’s worst year is almost as good as 3 of 4 BC years – note the rebound after the worst year:

Solich scored more points, and had 2 years that are still ahead of BC’s best year – Solich’s worst isn’t as bad as BC’s worst:

Solich kept the bad guys from scoring more, except the one bad year – big rebound the next year – BC has yet to stop scoring:

Its true that Solich’s numbers are not as good as the good doctor, but they were going back up from the bad stretch he had – what would have happened with one more year of Solich? Our losses BC’s first year – Southern Miss by 4, Texas Tech - humiliation, K State – another humiliation, Iowa State by 7, Oklahoma by 27, Colorado by 6. Nebraska never lost a game to Texas Tech until BC showed up. The 4 points at Southern Miss? I think we could have picked them up, and the 7 at ISU, and the 6 at Colorado. Six losses now become 2 losses. And the bowl game streak stays intact. And the non-losing season streak. Oh yeah – pride sticks around, too. And the family – that would have stuck around.

What has BC done?

2004 Texas Tech 70-10

2004 KSU 45-21

2005 Missouri 41-24

2005 Kansas 40-15

2006 OSU 41-29

2007 USC 49-31

2007 Ball State 41-40

2007 Missouri 41-6

Its ridiculous. The whole thing is ridiculous. When a coach goes 6-6 and the AD says “fix it” and the coach goes then goes 10-3. AD says: Nope, not fixed – we need a new coach. New coach comes in. Numbers are worse. Records gone. Stats suck. Team morale is MIA. Fans NOT happy, though every now and then they swallow the kool-aid, only to be kicked in the guts again, and again, and again.

As long as Steve Pederson is the AD, I will NOT wear another Husker shirt or hat. I will not carry a Husker lunch bag. I will not watch another Huskers game. My biggest regret in life is in not taking the opportunity to spit in that $%#&@*! face when I had the chance at the NU-ATM game in the fall of 2006. The guy was 10 feet away – all I had to do was walk over there and spit, but I didn’t do it. And I will regret that my whole life. The man has humiliated ALL Husker fans, and my only chance to give a little back and I didn’t do it.

You can post what you want about anything I said. I'll NEVER see it. I won't come in here to look at it. I won't respond to it. Anyone that thinks I'm wrong can do so at your leisure. It doesn't bother me. As a Husker fan, Stevie P has humiliated us enough that anything anyone in here says won't bother me in the least.

I've drank the kool-aid one too many times and I'm done with it until He is GONE.

Hole. Lee. Crap. I couldn't have said it any better myself. Everyone needs to read this post. I'd put it in my signature if it wasn't so long.

What has BC done?

2004 Texas Tech 70-10

2004 KSU 45-21

2005 Missouri 41-24

2005 Kansas 40-15

2006 OSU 41-29

2007 USC 49-31

2007 Ball State 41-40

2007 Missouri 41-6

Hole. Lee. Crap. I couldn't have said it any better myself. Everyone needs to read this post. I'd put it in my signature if it wasn't so long.

Best post i've read in the four months ive been on this site. I'm a believer in "the stats don't lie" and this sums it up. I'm impressed with the research that went behind this. it had to have been quite time consuming. at the same time though it makes me angry and sick to my stomach. Pederson did say he didn't want the program to GRAVITATE to mediocrity. Mission accomplished steve, you didn't gravitate, you did an all out nose dive BEYOND mediocrity

Now i think i'm going to put "more than winning: tom osborne" into the VCR and cry myself to sleep.

I e-mailed all 8 this message:

Please don't let this disgrace continue on your watch. This one proud football program is in shambles and is on the brink of fan mutiny. I know you'll use your best judgment and do the right thing, but in my opinion the right thing involves a little house cleaning and a change in direction. Thanks for your time.