Replacements Thread

I don't want Callahan fired at this point. Nor do I think about his replacment on a regular basis, but I do think if we had to go after another coach it would be Chris Peterson of Boise State. Got to love a young fiesty coach like him...the bowl game vs OU last year says it all.

Bingo!! Chris Peterson - Boise State

I don't want Callahan fired at this point. Nor do I think about his replacment on a regular basis, but I do think if we had to go after another coach it would be Chris Peterson of Boise State. Got to love a young fiesty coach like him...the bowl game vs OU last year says it all.

peterson is a good play caller but, how well can he coach his players up(if for instance we have 2 more years or what have you of BC) and boise state is still good then i'd pick him, i just think we need a few more years to know if he can coach players up.

No matter who anyone could choose. We need someone that is no holds barred in practice. Hell i just watched big red wrap up and Jason Peter sounds like the perfect coach. He knows what needs to be done granted no coaching experience. Thats why we would hire vicka to. More than anyone though we need to get rid of Cosgrove. He is making his players as much of a pu&&y as he is.

How long do we have to wait to have the 95' team back?

How long do we have to wait to have the 95' team back?

This is part of the problem of the mentality of alot of the fanbase right now. The country knows the caliber of fans that we are, but, this kind of comment makes us look like snobs....like we deserve to have another '95 team just because we want one. I doubt you will ever see that team again, for a good reason: it was the best college footbal team, ever.

Mike Shanahan will be available next year.

Not being sarcastic but I think he would be a great choice, him or Bill Cowher would be my pick

don't think I like the idea of a nfl coach usually if they are successful there they are not in college there are a few that have had success but I would rather have a coach who has had success at the college level

I have a hard time believing he would come here. Why leave a cupcake conference, where you are guaranteed to lose 1 or 2 games at most, and your job will always be secure?? ESPESCIALLY to come here where your job could not be FARTHER from secure.

His stress level would certainly go WAY up if he came to Nebraska.

One thing we can offer him that Boise St. probably can't.........

$$$$$$$$

peterson is a good play caller but, how well can he coach his players up(if for instance we have 2 more years or what have you of BC) and boise state is still good then i'd pick him, i just think we need a few more years to know if he can coach players up.

A few more good season and he will not be available for the Nebraska Job. His stock will rise and better money with less pressure will be offered.

The only way for the "normal fan" to send a message about things needing to change is to stop spending our money on the program. Don't show up for the game, don't buy a program, don't buy the pizza, hotdog or any other food or drink at the stadium. Don't buy the jersey's, shirts, shorts or hats. Our money is what can do the talking for us. The big donor guys money for the expansion of this or that gets a lot of publicity but it's our dollars that go to all the "little" things that they need as well... Thats the way to make your voice heard. LOUD and CLEAR!!!