Replacements Thread

Bo Pillini? Why would anyone want someone who is looking for a stepping stone back to the pros. If you think he would stick around your wrong.

GBR!!!

He would have stuck around. How many coaches go to the NFL, get their asses kicked, then come screaming back to the college ranks like a child to his mother.

He'd have had no reason to leave, as long he was well compensated, and allowed to run the program his way...

OK Ill play along... here would be my "dream" choices.

AD- Tom Osborne

HC- Bo Pillini

AsstHC/QB- Turner Gill

OC- Shawn Watson

RB- Ahman Green (if he is still playing then Cory Ross)

WR- Tim Albinn

OL- Will Shields

DC- Ken Norton

DL- Christian Peter

LB- Buddy Wyatt

CB- Marvin Sanders

GA- Zac Taylor

Nice list. I posted a comment on the "Dear Mr Peterson" someone replied "who's Bo Penili? So quickly they forget!! Only thing I would change or add would be Ron Brown in the mix.

red_38

Ron Brown might have good choice a few years back but he hasnt been in coaching for awhile now.

I don't think callahan is going anywhere, but I did have a crazy idea pop into my mind. If we were going to need a new coach ( and remember, I don't think we will), what about another coach that is on the proverbial hot seat...Mike Stoops. Could you imagine? I think if the callahan thing doesn't work out (but I think it will), we would be looking for a defensive minded guy. Also, I think that would definitely bring some luster back to the OU NU rivalry. That would make it personal. Just an idea, what do you guys think?

Ok, let's delve into fantasy and think of some replacements for BC. You can nominate anyone, but I'm looking for young, energetic coaches who have never been head coaches before. I want new blood; someone with enthusiasm and swagger and a real desire to achieve.

Here are a couple of choices:

Will Muschamp - Def. Coordinator, Auburn.

Steve Sarkisian - Off. Coordinator, USC.

Brent Venables - Def. Coordinator, OU.

I really could care less that they have no HC experience.

How much less could you care?

And please tell us how the rest of us can get some of that good herb you're smokin', Was.

Ok, let's delve into fantasy and think of some replacements for BC. You can nominate anyone, but I'm looking for young, energetic coaches who have never been head coaches before. I want new blood; someone with enthusiasm and swagger and a real desire to achieve.

Here are a couple of choices:

Will Muschamp - Def. Coordinator, Auburn.

Steve Sarkisian - Off. Coordinator, USC.

Brent Venables - Def. Coordinator, OU.

I really could care less that they have no HC experience.

How much less could you care?

And please tell us how the rest of us can get some of that good herb you're smokin', Was.

Boy, I sure did get under your skin, didn't I? I'm still laughing at the nasty personal message you left for me this morning.

Now, I'm a big boy, and can handle your little tantrums, but you might want to take note - I'm not the only one who has had enough of Bill Callahan.

Just so you know...

Boy, I sure did get under your skin, didn't I? I'm still laughing at the nasty personal message you left for me this morning.

Now, I'm a big boy, and can handle your little tantrums, but you might want to take note - I'm not the only one who has had enough of Bill Callahan.

Just so you know...

As if popular vote is always right? If that were true, Budweiser would actually be a good product!

Brincadeira!

Bo Pillini? Why would anyone want someone who is looking for a stepping stone back to the pros. If you think he would stick around your wrong.

GBR!!!

There is an article out on Pellini where his wife says it was after the bowl game that he was head coach for us when the fans were chanting for him to be the coach full time that he realized the college game was for him. He then went on to say that its teaching the young men that he likes. Not so sure he wants to ever go back to the pros after comments like that!